It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess whose Company won the bid for CA high speed rail?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

how the holy hades does 1 mile of steel track cost 35 million?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Might be a little off topic here,but years ago I used to race husqvarna dirt bikes,made in Sweden.They wanted an automatic transmission in they're military bikes.The swedish gov't puts out offers for bids as we do,BUT!!! Any winning bid HAS to be on budget,or the bidder eats the loss..And they have to maintain the item,basically a warranty,for 5 years.Husqvarna won the contract,but balked at the 5 year warranty part,as it was never long term tested,and asked for it to be dropped.In the end,they withdrew the bid,sold them to the public,and it flopped due to reliability issues.Wow,a communist country like Sweden has a better plan than we do!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Just disgusting, the kind of stuff you'd expect from the communist party government officials in China.

How many people here still think Diane Feinstein is pushing gun control for the 'good of the people' ? lol, get yourselves out of the two party paradigm. Go fix it!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
reply to post by Signals

how the holy hades does 1 mile of steel track cost 35 million?

How does a gallon of gas cost $400 overseas in our wars?

Everything is insanely overpriced when the government hands out contracts off of money that is printed out of thin air.

If the rail project was actually bid competitively, it would've been done much cheaper and much faster.
edit on 27-4-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by blkcwbyhat

This is going offtopic but I have to reply. Sweden is not communist. If you dont know what the term means dont use it

reply to post by eLPresidente

If it can be done cheaper then howcome noone placed a cheaper bid?
edit on 27/4/2013 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I can't believe that you believe he was the lowest bid... I tend to think it was a way for you to go against the mass thought that this is called Bull#... And it smells like Bullshig too.

I have a very close family member that builds Bridges for a living so I know the bidding process.

I think in this case who she is and who he is, he should not have been allowed to bid.

I'm going to read the process on thie shady deal wnd come- back--

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Good thread

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
reply to post by PsykoOps

I can't believe that you believe he was the lowest bid... I tend to think it was a way for you to go against the mass thought that this is called Bull#... And it smells like Bullshig too.

I can't believe that you believe that it wasn't the lowest bid without any evidence to back you up. Not only that, noone has come forward claiming to have made a lower bid.
Just because you have a funny smell in your nose doesn't mean anything in the real world. Deny ignorance

edit on 28/4/2013 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

She's a Democrat. That's his biggest problem with this.
reply to post by muse7

Get off the D vs R snit. In my state NY lots of folks with the d next to their names have been getting themselves in lots of trouble. Not to benefit their "corporate masters", just to make themselves rich or to gain power. Since most get into politics to garner power and influence, does it matter what party they belong to if they are manipulating the system for their own gain? A conflict of interest like this should raise some eye brows, but it won't because the people have no clue what their elected officials do to them.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Both questions have the same answer: Richard Blum, the husband of California senator Diane Feinstein.

What part of that are some people missing doesn't matter if red or blue when a sitting congressmans spouse is getting state contracts that is epic BS.

Hear that?

EPIC BS also called crony capitalism.

It's about "fairness." It's about "balance."

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Just another day at the trough in corporate America.

Move along now.....Nothing to see here.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join