Guess whose Company won the bid for CA high speed rail?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Really????

Now everyone should be embarrassed for you.

Geez, I wonder if her husband would have won this, had he not be married to her.

Or, if her insider knowledge to it helped any...

Again, more Govt run rampant screwing the people.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Honestly I don't care.
We need to build these F'ers as fast as possible.
We are far behind most countries because of the airline
and oil lobby.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This is a project where the estimate is over 60 billion dollars.

The true cost of the project will be 4 or 5 times that.

There is no need for high speed rail from Sacramento to LA that will justify the cost to the taxpayers. The ridership estimates have been fudged upwards by a factor of at least 3 times.

The System will have to be subsidized by the California taxpayers otherwise the tickets will be so expensive that no one will ride it.

It has been dubbed by many as High Speed Pork. Now we see that the primary person benefiting from this will be her royal highness Diane.So of course all the tax payers should be on the hook to further enrich her family.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
A high speed rail line from Fresno to Madera? Really? Not from, say, Sacto to SF, or LA to San Diego? $35 million per mile, and FeinFrankenstein's husband is the beneficiary of this boondoogle?

There is so much wrong with this story I don't know where to start...so I won't, except to say that this kind of corrupt, hare-brained waste of taxpayer dollars could only occur in Cali.
edit on 26-4-2013 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

She can tell her husband what the lowest bid is and then go under it...it's really an ethical issue which government has little of...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Originally posted by PsykoOps
What's you problem if it's the lowest bid? That's how it should work.

She's a Democrat. That's his biggest problem with this.

I bet you won't hear a peep from him about Roy Blunt who is a corporate whore for Monsanto or the other countless Republicans that craft legislation that benefits their corporate masters instead of the people that elected them.

Hypocrisy much? I guess high minded liberals split there anger down party lines?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I have a few questions, like, was this an open bid? Did the Contractors have any knowledge of who they were bidding against? Did Feinstein 's office help to locate the Contractors included in the bid? I mean, it could be nothing, but I guy could buy off the competition on such a massive bid, or other contractors could have been selected from out of state to help increase their costs. Just seems fishy, is all.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by muse7

Assume much?

I'm not a Repub...

Break free from the false left right paradigm (see ATS motto).

Interesting replies so far.

I really wonder about this site sometimes...
edit on 25-4-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)

So you are saying that he shouldn't get the contract just because of his wife? That's real American.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

Originally posted by paratus
The point is that THEY WON the bid most likely by unsavory means.

reply to post by macman

Originally posted by chrismarco
She can tell her husband what the lowest bid is and then go under it...it's really an ethical issue which government has little of...

I'm sure you guys just accidentaly forgot to point out the evidence for this? Just cause you have a tingle in your gut doesn't make it foul play.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

It's called "bid and be damned". You make a lowball offer, win the contract, add a penalty compensation clause that states you will be paid in full if the customer decides to cancel the contract. Naturally of course, you over-run the contract deadline, request an extension and bill the customer even more. The customer can't cancel because if they did they would have to pay you as well as your replacement to restart the project, recruit staff, lease machinery, do survey work. All that extra time would delay the project causing it to become even more expensive due to inflation. Though, looking back after a decade, it will seem like a bargain.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
A high speed rail line from Fresno to Madera? Really? Not from, say, Sacto to SF, or LA to San Diego? $35 million per mile, and FeinFrankenstein's husband is the beneficiary of this boondoogle?

There is so much wrong with this story I don't know where to start...so I won't, except to say that this kind of corrupt, hare-brained waste of taxpayer dollars could only occur in Cali.
edit on 26-4-2013 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

They were talking about a high-speed line 15 years ago. But it ran out of steam because a few itty-bitty little towns wanted to get a station on the line too, just to show that they were a big-shot city too. They wouldn't grant planning permission for the line to run through their territory unless they got their station.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

That's actually quite fishy if true. Someone who could access the paper work should check on this. Source didn't seem to indicate this.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The way these things work, the lowest bid that secures the contract due to shady dealings and nepotism, usually balloons greatly once the work starts. Look out for this going way over budget and years late, as is the way of things these days.

I wonder too what, if any, penalty clauses are in that contract for on time and on budget completion?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
There will be "150 % plus cost overruns"
final bill 1.75 billion bollars.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
You mean the corporate whores from Monsanto that run Obama's FDA and Department of Agriculture? Those democrat corporate whores? Is that what you meant to say?

Or were you referring to the Monsanto Protection Act that Obama signed in March 2013?

No, we probably won't hear much about that...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
This is a project where the estimate is over 60 billion dollars.

The true cost of the project will be 4 or 5 times that.

There is no need for high speed rail from Sacramento to LA that will justify the cost to the taxpayers. The ridership estimates have been fudged upwards by a factor of at least 3 times.

The System will have to be subsidized by the California taxpayers otherwise the tickets will be so expensive that no one will ride it.

It has been dubbed by many as High Speed Pork. Now we see that the primary person benefiting from this will be her royal highness Diane.So of course all the tax payers should be on the hook to further enrich her family.

So true. Looks like Diane has taken a page from the Pelosi handbook. Feinstien gets richer while the state goes deeper into the hole, this is the very definition of crony capitalism, and a great example of why our entire economy is quickly going down the tubes.

The last thing CA needs is a high speed rail system. The state is flat broke, cities are going bankrupt, and most people here would rather drive than take a train, I know I would.

And how much you want to bet that her husband's company gets an Obamacare waiver too.
edit on 26-4-2013 by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Well we see it all the time, Put in the lowest bid, get the contract, then once you have made a start make up some excuse to wrangle a load more money.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
$35 million doesn't sound too bad actually.

Especially when you consider that high speed rail has to be smooth and straight track...., land purchases, materials, labour costs...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

From the linked articles:

Within days of jubilant press release by the High-Speed Rail Authority that the top project bidder had come in below budget with the selection of Tutor/Perini/Zachary/Parsons, was quickly followed by a crash when news outlets revealed the winner’s checkered past with a proven record of high cost over runs.

The below budget construction number does not include the cost of purchasing land or providing mitigation for damages to properties. Engineering contacts say Tutor-Perini is noted for bidding low, targeting program inadequacies and writing change orders as fast as a waitress writing breakfast orders at a truck stop- fast and furious.

No doubt the rail authority project will be easy pickings for this kind of situation since their design specs were not much further along than a 15% design level while standard practice is at or above 30%. Think about it, how do the bidding companies know what they are bidding on if the project isn’t fleshed out enough?

Anyone still think this sounds legit?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Government projects never come in as bid. It is a big smoke screen. Bid the lowest to get the job and jack up the price with countless delay and over charges before the job is finished. The Dems know this trick and use it to full advantage on almost every sweetheart project granted to their conies and relatives. Corruption, fraud and lies run deep in the good ole' boy network in Sacramento.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join