Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Guess whose Company won the bid for CA high speed rail?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
How big is "the entire universe of those who could have won the first phase construction contract for California’s high speed rail boondoggle"??

And by what criteria does RP decide that Blum is the least likely to get the job without political patronage?

No attempt is made to jsutify this accusation - because that is what it is - an accusation of corruption.

I'd like to see his actual assessment criteria and analysis - and see if it is more than just a single tick box for "related to a political opponent"

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I haven't made anything up, the sources are there.

"Logic is an enemy, and Truth is a menace."

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Both questions have the same answer: Richard Blum, the husband of California senator Diane Feinstein.

What part of that are some people missing doesn't matter if red or blue when a sitting congressmans spouse is getting state contracts that is epic BS.

Hear that?

EPIC BS also called crony capitalism.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
I haven't made anything up, the sources are there.

If you had a company bidding on this project...what would be the best way to find out what the current lowest bid was...so you could underbid that, and win?

Where did it say that? You accuse of faul play and provide no sources.
edit on 25/4/2013 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Isittruee

I have been trying to get it down to avatar size. It is going to take a little more posing and resizing of individual elements.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

They should not have even bid on the job. Just to avoid the appearance of conflict of interest. There is much more than appearance of conflict of interest here though as this is not the first time that her husband has gotten high dollar government contracts due to influence peddling. It is a way of life for the Feinstein family.

Dianne Feinstein corrupt to the core!
edit on 4-25-2013 by groingrinder because: Edited to insert link.
edit on 4-25-2013 by groingrinder because: Edited for spelling and grammar.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Guess whose Company won the bid for CA high speed rail?

www.dailypaul.com

Out of the entire universe of those who could have won the first phase construction contract for California’s high speed rail boondoggle, who would stand out as the last person who would win it if there were no political patronage.

Put another way, who is the most likely person to win it if there is political patronage?

Both questions have the same answer: Richard Blum, the husband of California senator Diane Feinstein.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
nation.foxnews.com

Have some pity on the poor loser. First of all he IS married to the Wicked Witch Of The West and second, it takes a crapload of cash to pay for all of the plastic surgery that that Old Beast requires.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

They should not have even bid on the job. Just to avoid the appearance of conflict of interest.

I concur which is what the op point was til partisan bickering became a "more pressing issue".

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
On a serious note, folks, this is what total corruption looks like and has looked like since the Days of Diocletian. It is one of the more serious symptoms of a decayed, collapsing society and all we are waiting for now is for a horse to be appointed to the Senate. No, horse's asses do not count, we have plenty of them already.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

What part of that are some people missing doesn't matter if red or blue when a sitting congressmans spouse is getting state contracts that is epic BS.

Hear that?

EPIC BS also called crony capitalism.

I'm glad you put "EPIC BS" in all caps. You should have added bold to that, too, because this is definitely EPIC BS

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

I'm glad you put "EPIC BS" in all caps. You should have added bold to that, too, because this is definitely EPIC BS

Yes for reasons already stated with the addition of this one: a high speed multibillion dollar rail in the most earthquake prone state in the country.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I miss California. I miss her in my bones. I am 4th generation born, into a ranching family from NorCal. But I left because of stuff like this. The rail system is publicly supported by feel-good save the planet libs who don't actually think through anything, they blindly check the blue box where they are told to. The rest of Californians actually see that the damage this will cause is far greater than the benefit.

This rail system will absolutely destroy traffic management in the Bay Area for DECADES. It will disrupt business and create an even more ridiculous tax burden for Californians (and as others said, likely all Americans) to bear.

It is a boondoggle in the purest sense: pushed through with misrepresentations, factual ommisions and political strong-arming by the very folks who are salivating to get rich(rer) off the infinite number of contracts up for grabs.

It is no surprise that Feinstein's husband got the contract. I agree with some posters that it is suspicious, but without some serious evidence Californians can only complain or leave. I chose to leave 9 years ago. I didn't think things would get any better. I was right. Idaho isn't the land I love, but it sure makes life more livable.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I could swear that a few years ago the FL speaker of the house, or some similar lofty title, was put in prison for merely handing construction contracts off to a friend. Contracts that when I scanned the article left no grand impression on me like the sounds of this rail. I only ever browsed an articale on the subject once, and never wrote nor talked about it, so memory is quite fuzzy and I cannot ascertain the specifics but something like this did happen for the top political seat outside of governor.
edit on 26-4-2013 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice
Just a fyi but I did some poking around and found that Feinstein was not a member of the board or part of the executive staff of the California High-Speed Rail Authority. www.cahighspeedrail.ca.gov... So she wasn't involved in the direct decision making process. However, that doesn't preclude the possibility that she...

She dont have to be queen to still be a semi-equally effective cronyist plutocrat whom wields power.
edit on 26-4-2013 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
It could be legit, but.........
If you are in politics, you should have no ties to corporations, that should be a condition of getting elected. Or, if a close relative owns a company, wife/husband, brother/sister etc, they should be excluded from bidding on government contracts. Never gonna happen though, the good 'ol boy network is too strong.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Boooo!!

Why can't we have a high speed rail across country like the Bullet Train. That's what I want to know. That could employ a lot of people! I wonder who would finance and win that bid.....

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Isittruee

That isn't entirely true.

The bid process SHOULD include value assessments. In my industry, a saying goes, "Don't skimp on the technology budget". Why? Well....in the last 2 years I have replaced my work laptop, a Nobilis, 4 times. In that same time my 6 year old Dell personal laptop still runs strong.

Cheaper isn't always better.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This happens all the time in the construction world. You could have a job that takes weeks to price out an estimate, but if you know the owner, you just give him a call within the last few minutes of bid time. He feeds you numbers; you plug them in and send it his way. And just like magic, you’re the low bidder.

Having other companys know you have an inside man on the project, they'll stop providing numbers for the bids, why do the work when your numbers going to be shared, and prices will slowly rise. If i knew he had an insider on the project, i would not even bother sending a bid number, its a waste of time for me and my company.

Hence, this is why the project is extremely overpriced. No one is going to waste time bidding it when the competition has an insider on the project. So now the competition can jack the price up knowing no one is going to bid the work.
edit on 26-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
There are laws for the people and freedom for the elite.
How wide does the gap have to get before we stand up and say ENOUGH !
Its pretty obvious why the old bag wants America disarmed......

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
What's you problem if it's the lowest bid? That's how it should work.

Don't worry the price will double or triple once construction is at least half finished.
It always does in these scenarios.

Extend the budget and more funds. This occurs with even the smallest bids.

The point is that THEY WON the bid most likely by unsavory means.

Look at your local commissioners/township/city meeting minutes and you will see these frequent extensions on budgets, especially in the "crony" deals.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join