Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Guess whose Company won the bid for CA high speed rail?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+20 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Guess whose Company won the bid for CA high speed rail?

www.dailypaul.com

Out of the entire universe of those who could have won the first phase construction contract for California’s high speed rail boondoggle, who would stand out as the last person who would win it if there were no political patronage.

Put another way, who is the most likely person to win it if there is political patronage?

Both questions have the same answer: Richard Blum, the husband of California senator Diane Feinstein.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
nation.foxnews.com

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
So, the Queen Gun Grabber, ready to place her decisions about our future above ours, just became much, MUCH richer...

Conflict of interest anyone?

The good ole' boy network runs DEEP!

More from the story:

The Perini-Zachary-Parsons bid was the lowest received from the five consortia participating in the bidding process, but “low” is a relative term. The firms bid $985,142,530 to build the wildly anticipated first section of high speed rail track that will tie the megopolis of Madera to the global finance center of Fresno. Do the division, and you find that the low bid came in at a mere $35 million per mile.

Let me repeat that again...

35 MILLION PER MILE

In your face America!

www.dailypaul.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
What's you problem if it's the lowest bid? That's how it should work.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

The good ole' boy network runs DEEP!

It sure does.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Better than China winning it, I reckon.

It's not outside the realm of possibility that they won it fair and square, but it's still a bit...troubling and suspicious.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

She's a Democrat. That's his biggest problem with this.

I bet you won't hear a peep from him about Roy Blunt who is a corporate whore for Monsanto or the other countless Republicans that craft legislation that benefits their corporate masters instead of the people that elected them.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
conflict of interest much...

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Think OP was referring to the cost. Could be wrong. 35 million a mile is expensive. Not expensive in a business sense, but a we pay those taxes sense. Is it paid with state or fed taxes? Probably a little of both. White House tours are too expensive though.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Well you have to take into account that it's not 35 million $ just for pair of rails. It's all costs, land purchases, terminals, workers, insurance etc.
Also it's still the lowest of the bids. Even if 35 million $ per mile sounds big. Still less than other bids.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Assume much?

I'm not a Repub...

Break free from the false left right paradigm (see ATS motto).

Interesting replies so far.

I really wonder about this site sometimes...
edit on 25-4-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

...lowest bid does get job. Is way it works. Never seen a higher bid get a job. What are you getting at. Give us an interesting response.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Just a fyi but I did some poking around and found that Feinstein was not a member of the board or part of the executive staff of the California High-Speed Rail Authority. www.cahighspeedrail.ca.gov... So she wasn't involved in the direct decision making process. However, that doesn't preclude the possibility that she couldn't have obtained information and passed on information in regards to other bids to her husband for the purpose of undercutting or been a reason why the board overlooked the technical issues with the company itself. However, that is a lot harder to prove. End take, she definitely was not a direct part of the final decision making so no conflict of interest took place.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Isittruee

If you had a company bidding on this project...what would be the best way to find out what the current lowest bid was...so you could underbid that, and win?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I hate Feinstein as much as the next person so don't think I'm defending them.

So your saying insider information on other company bids? Its possible. Or the company can just have a decent job estimator.

Especially since she has access to land prices and the such

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Now you're just making stuff up. If you have actual evidence that there was faul play then present it. Could've, would've, should've doesn't work well on this site.
edit on 25/4/2013 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Yes, and how many times in business, especially Govt. dealings, does the cost "Blow Out" unexpectedly.
Oh Sorry..we quoted 900 mill$, but because of unions, the price of steel and new Ferraris going up, we now have to charge you 4 billion $....sorry about that..........

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
A friend of mine is running for State Senate here in California. One of his concerns about that issue was that they were actually planning on outsourcing the entire project to other countries. So, at least the jobs that are provided by building the high speed rail will benefit some local families.

The problems it will cause for other local businesses and agriculture is a whole other issue.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

This is why we have to stop electing DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS. They are both robbing us blind.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Thank you for showing me my new avatar

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join