It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Orion Connection: Can we Deny it?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by knoxie
reply to post by FissionSurplus

and they all built pyramids... hmm

edit on 25-4-2013 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

A square base is the easiest shape to build. Naturally, it has to slope inwards at an angle to avoid falling apart, but that still uses rectangular bricks and one less brick per level. The Aztecs did do some work using trapezium shaped bricks. That way the walls could never fall apart - the sloping sides blocked movement.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by monica1968
I am concerned that anyone with half a brain in this modern age still thinks the pyramids were only built 2600 years ago, Next they will be saying they were built as tombs, which BTW is total rubbish.

No, it is your own claim that is total rubbish, of course.

If anyone is going to make a connection to Orion then go the whole hog and explain the pyramids were built at least 10000yrs before the above 2600yrs, and that all the pyramids combined show a map, with the 3 great pyramids corresponding to Orions belt.

No, they show the three of spades on a deck of "Bicycle" playing cards.

Just as true as your inanity.

There is also much evidence to show that the largest pyramid was functioning as some sort of power station, Christopher Dunn does a great job in explaining how and why this is.

Yes, Dunn is very good at explaining to ignorant idiots things that aren't true that his audience has no notion of.

Harte

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

To quote Akragon:
"I would assume they would have something better to do then to watch our pathetic species destroy ourselves."

I'm curious about this very misanthropic statement... Where did that come from? Did you learn it from humans?

Just wondering...
edit on 26-4-2013 by HeyAHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The connection is undeniable, in my opinion

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kako187
The connection is undeniable, in my opinion

But the question is, what is the significance of the connection? Is it a coincidence that would seem significant with any three non-aligned structures? Or was it that different cultures all independently looked up in the night sky at some point and saw three stars and decided to align some structures that way?

A good question to ask here is that if they went through all the trouble to align those structures, did they bother to follow through and align any more structures to the rest of the constellation? The "sword" for instance. If not, then why not?

Or are we going to really going to say that aliens from one of those stars came to Earth and influenced people in some unknown way, and all these different cultures are venerating them? I think that's probably the farthest fetched idea, particularly since we have zero proof that aliens even exist.

edit on 26-4-2013 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

i remember watching an awesome documentary that spoke of another connection among all these major pyramids and temples worldwide aside from what you took notice of about Orion's belt. This one is something even more crazy, but at this day and age, nothing can surprise me anymore, it's the idea of a world civilization that existed long ago

here's the link www.youtube.com... its 4 hours long, so when you have the time, watch this, it is amazing, it speaks of so many things, as for the stuff about the pyramids, that's 1:3:42 into the video where it'll give the background knowledge that you'll need to understand the point they make at 1:27, and after that it just gives you the chills when you keep on hearing...but really i advice everyone to take their time to watch the whole thing, you won't be disappointed.
edit on 26-4-2013 by StrawHatBrian because: grammar

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kako187

wow that's amazing, it's definitely connected to those constellations

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This kinda stuff has always intrigued me. I read an article a while ago on viewzone.com about newly discovered caverns under the pyramids in Egypt. In that article they talked about the constellation Cygnus aligning with the pyramids and also with the outlying accessory buildings.

viewzone.com...

Much has been made observation that the three pyramids on the Giza plateau appear slightly mis-aligned. They are not on a straight line. Since we marvel at the mathematical perfection of the early Egyptians, this has bothered investigators. Thus when in 1993 Robert Bauval and Adrian Gilbert in their bestselling book The Orion Mystery saw the three 'belt' stars of Orion as defining the ground-plan of the Giza Pyramids the theory was met with cautious enthusiasm. However, not all were convinced by the "Orion Correlation Theory" (OCT), as it became known. The alignment wasn't "perfect" but it was close enough for many Egyptologists. But not for Andrew Collins.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
the lion of Judah approves this thread.

Great job dude, people need to know the truth about Orion.

Lions vs the snakes guys this war is real. What side will you choose?

This Ba'al worships of the pleiades needs to stop.

And people worshiping the bull and dragon. Same thing.

This is why people do this

And why satan is a bull.
Truth is out there guys.
God has been revealed the devil has been revealed. Prepare for the end times guys because for YEARS no one knew the pure black shapeshifters were Anubis. Now people will know. That Orion *god* has been here all along. Watching mans progress of sin, why are they not helping? Because so many people worship ba'al ( pleiadians :reptillians) and so they let us be ruled by those we choose. The bible kinda blatently states this. As the wolves and lions sat outside cities.

Read the old testament. Its highly accurate.

There is a reason why the illuminati worship owls

Because they are these guys

^^^ greys are reptillians. And we all know that birds are dinosaurs.

If anyone has any other questions feel free to u2u me. I know many answers.

And the thing is, the stuff i wrote about you will see emerge. And People will slowly catch on that i know what im talking about. And should worry about my prophecies.

Hosea 11:10
New Living Translation (©2007)
For someday the people will follow me. I, the LORD, will roar like a lion. And when I roar, my people will return trembling from the west.

Judges 14:18 And the men of the city said unto him on the seventh day before the sun went down, What is sweeter than honey? and what is stronger than a lion? And he said unto them, If ye had not plowed with my heifer, ye had not found out my riddle.
Proverbs 30:30 A lion which is strongest among beasts, and turneth not away for any;

Deuteronomy 33:22 And of Dan he said, Dan is a lion's whelp: he shall leap from Bashan.

2 Samuel 17:10 And he also that is valiant, whose heart is as the heart of a lion, shall utterly melt: for all Israel knoweth that thy father is a mighty man, and they which be with him are valiant men.

Isaiah 31:4 For thus hath the LORD spoken unto me, Like as the lion and the young lion roaring on his prey, when a multitude of shepherds is called forth against him, he will not be afraid of their voice, nor abase himself for the noise of them: so shall the LORD of hosts come down to fight for mount Zion, and for the hill thereof.

Nahum 2:11 Where is the dwelling of the lions, and the feedingplace of the young lions, where the lion, even the old lion, walked, and the lion's whelp, and none made them afraid?

Job 10:16 For it increaseth. Thou huntest me as a fierce lion: and again thou shewest thyself marvellous upon me.
Job 28:8 The lion's whelps have not trodden it, nor the fierce lion passed by it.

Psalms 17:12 Like as a lion that is greedy of his prey, and as it were a young lion lurking in secret places.

Psalms 58:6 Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth: break out the great teeth of the young lions, O LORD.
Joel 1:6 For a nation is come up upon my land, strong, and without number, whose teeth are the teeth of a lion, and he hath the cheek teeth of a great lion.

1 Kings 13:28 And he went and found his carcase cast in the way, and the ass and the lion standing by the carcase: the lion had not eaten the carcase, nor torn the ass.

Daniel 6:22 My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions' mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt.
Daniel 6:27 He delivereth and rescueth, and he worketh signs and wonders in heaven and in earth, who hath delivered Daniel from the power of the lions.

Heres just a small fractions of the quotes.

Heres a final quote.

Job 38:31
New International Version (©2011)
"Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades? Can you loosen Orion's belt?

edit on 26-4-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

"Ignorant idiots?"
What the hell is wrong with you?
You archaeologist types are so damn infuriating. You take an entire field of study and claim to have all the answers, absolutely, when any honest man can see that most of what you claim is based on speculation.

Dates are continuously being pushed back and each time there is academia shouting down people who have said civilization is older than these so called experts have said all along.

The OP is valid whether you like it or not and the Giza Pyramids don't appear to be tombs. And those ARE facts.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Fail.

His own claim?

How about many scientists are coming forward saying that the sphinx has water errosion?

Please do not comment if you wish to contradic something you have not even done a simple google search.

uk.answers.yahoo.com...

The Sphinx is actually 10,500 years old, discuss...?

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker Okay, there is lots of actual scientific evidence to prove this from many different disciplines that Zawi Hawass and the rest of the archeological community are flat refusing to accept because it means they would have to rewrite history, and they also have a whole load of academic snobbery to contend with. I'll quickly name a few. I think it was Graham Hanckock who first proposed the theory of star alignment to the great ancient sites (pyramids, macchu picchu, etc). Basically the pyramids were once aligned exactly with orions belt, etc. He showed that the Sphinx was aligned directly with the constellation Leo, in the AGE of Leo at around 10,500 BCE. Although the zodiac and the names associated with it as we know it is relatively modern, the Lion imagery is very ancient. This HAS to be more than just coincedence. The head of the Sphinx is obviously a modern recarving of a previously much larger head, there is plenty of evidence to disprove the traditional Khafre head theory that Egyptologists keep sticking to. As with previous theories and pure logic (with it being a lions body and the fact many other ancient sphinx has a lions or animal head) many people think this was the head of a Lion. Weather erosion is the most important evidence. There is erosion on the sphinx that geologists have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that could only have been caused by water precipitation (ie rain erosion). The last time Egypt was a tropical area with rain was after the last ice age (up to around 10,000 BCE). It is funny that after the geologists and other scientists found this they were kicked off the site by the council of antiquities and never allowed back on. 4 years ago

You could easily find more info on this.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
There is another structure which I find even more amazing, on the Nabta Playa in Africa.

This is a quote from a review (by D.Jolley on amazon) of John A. West's Magical Egypt series, ep. 3.
" ...yet another intriguing piece to the puzzle -the Nabla Playa complex that was discovered in the Nubian desert in 1974. What academics regard as a ritual gathering place is something much more significant to West. This monolitic stone structure dates back as far as 11,000 years, and it is more than just a collection of stones. It represents, West tells us, an observatory with which the pre-ancients were able to track the celestial movements of the heavens, demonstrating that, long before civilization is said to have begun, a civilization actually existed -and understood the nature of the precession of the equinoxes. An expert named Thomas Brophy then comes on to explain the findings of his research of Nabla Playa. Dubbing the site a calendar circle that was used around 6000 BC, he explains how the large stones were oriented to the equinoxes, particularly the vernal equinox heliacal rising point, with six inner stones corresponding to stars in the constellation Orion. More amazingly, stones located outside the circle itself accurately reflected the distance to each of these stars."

The last sentence of the review is about the premise in the episode which ASTOUNDS me.
I highly recommend this episode. Not the whole series, and not even the whole episode. Here is a link to the
episode. It is about 55 mins long, and the Nabta plateau part is in the middle, I think. Watch for the diagrams of stars & rocks.
LINK TO GOOGLE SEARCH RESULTS, click any of the Youtube links to Ep.3, "Descent"
www.google.com...
Please disregard the following broken limk.
m.youtube.com...#/playlist?list=PL7F77BB69A76E1035&desktop_uri=%2Fplaylist%3Flist%3DPL7F77BB69A76E1035

and Nabta Playa on Wikipedia
en.m.wikipedia.org...

edit on 26-4-2013 by kkrattiger because: fix link for video. if it didnt work, please seatch 'magical egypt ep 3'. im on a mobile device,perhaps that is making link prpblematic.

edit on 26-4-2013 by kkrattiger because: Again, link to youtube was a mobile version, thus I added a link to search results for said video.

edit on 26-4-2013 by kkrattiger because: NABTA PLAYA, not NABLA, not PLATEAU. Apologies. The reviewer calls it Nabla, I typed Plateau, am encumbered with the limuts of small screen to fix it within body of post. Apologies!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Great thread always interesting to read about.

reply to post by Xaphan

Metallica in the morning....mmmm....nice x
more

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kkrattiger

wysinger.homestead.com...

You know about the Nubian lion god?

Hundreds of kilometers south of the Sphinx, exist Nubia, in what is today called Sudan. Apedemek, "the lord of royal power," was a Nubian lion god, and at the Apedemek Temple at Naqa, south of Meroe, relief's show Apedmek worshiped by the royal family. The kings were always seated upon lion thrones. Temple relief's show the enemies of the king subdued by, and in some cases devoured by, lions. It has been stated that lions were kept in the Lion Temple, as living symbols of Apedemek. Interestingly, research has revealed that the worship of the ancient Egyptian lioness goddess, Sekhmet, could have been originally introduced into Egypt from Sudan. One wonders what other leonine-related mysteries exist unrevealed and unknown at the sites of the civilization of Nubia.

The lion of ancient times was also a symbol of wisdom. King Solomon was at times symbolized as a lion. In first Book of Kings (10: 19-20) Solomon's throne is described: "The throne had six steps, and the top of the throne was round behind: and there were stays [handrests] on either side on the place of the seat and two lions stood beside the stays. And twelve lions stood there on the one side and on the other upon the six steps there was not the like made in any kingdom." The lion was the emissary of the sun, symbolizing light, truth, regeneration, and a god of fertility.

Heres a song about Anubis.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

I am concerned that anyone with half a brain in this modern age still thinks the pyramids were only built 2600 years ago, Next they will be saying they were built as tombs, which BTW is total rubbish.

No, it is your own claim that is total rubbish, of course.

If anyone is going to make a connection to Orion then go the whole hog and explain the pyramids were built at least 10000yrs before the above 2600yrs, and that all the pyramids combined show a map, with the 3 great pyramids corresponding to Orions belt.

No, they show the three of spades on a deck of "Bicycle" playing cards.

Just as true as your inanity. Please, is that the best you can do ?

You have a nerve to call me inane, however you failed miserably in every conceivable way to actually back up your insults, so pray tell me, how is my claim that of total rubbish ?? LOL...

:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I'm going to keep this short. There is obviously a connection between the pyramids and Orion. They are just too similar in their alignment.

Star and flag.

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

Lovely share of info. Thanks!
HOW interesting is it, this Orion/Leo link... seems intriguing, no doubt.
Again I'd like to reiterate that the way the stones are positioned on the playa shows that these people KNEW HOW FAR AWAY THE STARS WERE FROM EARTH, AND EACH OTHER.
11,000 years ago they knew this. (If the dating is correct.)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
You Mean this Video

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
You know a few nights ago I finally watched Prometheus. I heard the movie is good, and it is, even got the whole Orion mythos to it, were the crew sets out to find there makers, based on star patterns they find in theme from all over the world, one such being Egypt. Only to find out, well accidents happen, and sometimes in those accidents you create a whole entire species on some speck of a planet you once visited to set up shop for some biological weapons you were once commissioned to make in and outer system.
What can I say # happens.

Is there an Orion connection...Ya but not anymore then any other connection. Most people say that things would be better if the truth was out there and if this place was all mingled with a bunch of other types, but that has failed more times then not. So ya, even if it all turns out to be true, well it would not be that great of an idea if our creators all of a sudden decided to drop by in the flesh. Besides if you look around this world you will notice one thing, we are the invaders and aliens in every ecosystem on this planet.

The Orion connection can you deny it...Off course you can deny anything and everything you so choose, but not for perpetuity.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join