It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Orion Connection: Can we Deny it?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cinrad
Cool, I'm in the southern hemisphere, we can't see Orion's belt, so I guess we wont be affected by what is coming?

I'm in the very Southern part of Australia and I can see Orion's belt every night if I feel like it. Where are you, on the Antarctica at the South Pole?
edit on 26-4-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
From what I understand the Ra Social Complex contructed the Egyptian Pyramids (Well, the one) , and friends of Ra created the ones in South Americas.

Ra is not of Orion.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
even for skeptics, this coincidence is striking. the degree of similarity in these massive structures on the various continents, is hard evidence that cannot be easily written off by saying it's all "tin-foil hat" conjecture.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cinrad
Cool, I'm in the southern hemisphere, we can't see Orion's belt, so I guess we wont be affected by what is coming?

Yes we can. It is the "base" on the "Saucepan".

ETA; Check out the "handle" as well ( the orion nebula ) it is quite spectacular through a good telescope.
Or check it out on stellarium.

edit on 26-4-2013 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Out of all the star patterns in the sky, Orion's belt would probably have to be one of the most obvious, the 3 stars are one of the first constellations to show up when the suns setting because the stars are so bright. Early civilizations would probably have chosen to build after that pattern over any other because its so obvious, it would have already had some symbolic significance to them.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Does anyone know if any of these pyramid structures suggest that Alnitak is composed of 3-4 stars and Mintaka is a binary star system?

If you could show me that information built into these pyramids, that would be very suggestive that these ancient human builders had advanced or extraterrestrial knowledge.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
There you go, just showed my ignorance of constellations.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I think it could be possible, it intrigues me. What if we were a spacefaring race on the run or something and stranded here? What if our true origins got lost into myths? It reminds me a lot of this game, called Homeworld where a race finds clues on their planet that they were not from there.

This is the intro of that game that explains it beautifully, it's one of the best intros in gaming ever if I say so myself, worth checking out!!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Personally I am a skeptic... I believe Aliens exist but I have serious issues believing they're already here watching our every move... or perhaps just floating around outside of our atmosphere. I would assume they would have something better to do then to watch our pathetic species destroy ourselves.

It brings to mind a south park episode where the world was actually a reality show... and it got canceled.

These claims of Reptiles in control of the governments of the world are ludicrous!

Yet... There is one piece of the puzzle that doesn't seem to fit...

We have no solid evidence of the existence of Aliens.... This is true.

Though its very possible that ancient civilizations do...

The Orion Connection

Approx. 2600 years ago (2584 BC) construction started on the largest stone structure on the planet... and it still remains one of the few man made objects that can be seen from space

Logically there must have been a reason for this at the time...

the mathematical precision involved in the construction of the pyramids is still a topic of great interest to this day... but strangely enough, the pyramids placement mirrors the constellation Orion, more specifically Orion's Belt.

Now for some reason, on the opposite side of the planet... in La Venta, Mexico, we have the same arrangement of structures... which are also pyramid like...

Two cultures separated by thousands of years, and thousands of miles... come up with the exact same idea... Lets build stone structures that mirror the stars in the sky...

Teotihuacan

Here we see the exact same thing... structure built to mirror Orions belt...

Next we jump to an entirely different continent...

near the ancient capital city of Xi'an lies a series of pyramid-mounds virtually unknown outside the country until last century. The Chinese pyramid fields are now recognised as one of the greatest pyramid concentrations in the world. They have flattened tops, and are therefore more similar in shape to the South American pyramids than the pyramids of Egypt.

Here we see a view from the air... remarkably similar to the pyramids of Egypt, and south America... Pointing once again, to Orion's Belt

Normally that would be three strikes... The theory that three cultures from different parts of the world, from completely different time periods all point to the same constellation seems to have some weight to it...

But theres more....

Within the last century we've been finding all sorts of buried history... theres even several reality shows about our buried history, and im sure theres plenty of fans of those shows on ATS

Recently three 'pyramids' were discovered thanks to satellite and aerial imagery in northern Italy, in the town of Montevecchia - 40 km from Milan

And yet again... You guessed it!

The arrangement of these "pyramid" like structures point to the same place as the others... Orion's Belt

So...

We have four cultures, completely separated by distance and time.... all pointing to the same place...

This is the connection to the Ancients... the former Gods of the world...

The beings we worshipped in our primitive years.... and perhaps the same beings we might be at war with in the future...

This is The Orion Connection

edit on 25-4-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

I am concerned that anyone with half a brain in this modern age still thinks the pyramids were only built 2600 years ago, Next they will be saying they were built as tombs, which BTW is total rubbish.
If anyone is going to make a connection to Orion then go the whole hog and explain the pyramids were built at least 10000yrs before the above 2600yrs, and that all the pyramids combined show a map, with the 3 great pyramids corresponding to Orions belt.
There is also much evidence to show that the largest pyramid was functioning as some sort of power station, Christopher Dunn does a great job in explaining how and why this is.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I think these stars were used in the Jesus story also. Why is another question but they seem to have significance to a lot of cultures.

Hows it go, The three kings (Orion's Belt) followed the star in the east (Sirius) and the story goes on. One thing that is interesting is that when you align Orion's Belt and Sirius, it point's to where the Sun rises. Not sure whether this is a 25th of December thing but yeah.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by monica1968

Would you happen to have a link? I'm very interested in the subject. Please, and thank you.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Orion is my favorite to stare at and to photograph too!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

This is correct and the most plausible answer. The pyramids alignment was in conjuncture with Orion's Belt. However, its a religious context not an alien one. The ancient Egyptian god Horus was "born" on December 25. On that day the three stars on Orion's belt (known as the 3 kings) align with Sirius and point to the sunrise. This is why so many sun god deities share so many of the same aspects. Other popular gods that share many of the same aspects are Attis, Krishna, Dionysus, Mithra and yes Jesus Christ. Thousands of religions from all corners of the world share this aspect.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentinoG

Wayne Herschel wrote an excellent book called the hidden records, when he wrote it he had enormous hardship in getting it published especially in California, he postulates that all of the pyramids in Egypt point to them being a map of the way to Sirius via Orion's belt, he also covered much about the key of Solomen, Wayne's site is called www.thehiddenrecords.com all the stuff in the book can be found at this site..enjoy.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoobieSquaw
reply to post by DarknStormy

This is correct and the most plausible answer. The pyramids alignment was in conjuncture with Orion's Belt. However, its a religious context not an alien one. The ancient Egyptian god Horus was "born" on December 25. On that day the three stars on Orion's belt (known as the 3 kings) align with Sirius and point to the sunrise. This is why so many sun god deities share so many of the same aspects. Other popular gods that share many of the same aspects are Attis, Krishna, Dionysus, Mithra and yes Jesus Christ. Thousands of religions from all corners of the world share this aspect.

See the issue I have is this. Jesus is not a Sun God and his birthday is still debatable to this day. I think someone has delibratly used this celestial occurence to deceive Christians into worshipping a Sun God. Though the date may apply to the Gods prior to Jesus, I don't think it's meant to apply to him. I have always wondered why he has a Sun behind his head. It is too obvious. And even if he is a Sun God, then what the hell are Christians worshipping?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

There is also a site over in Yorkshire, England called the Thornborough Henges, which also appear to align with Orion's belt stars.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I’ve always been enamored with Orion’s belt and its historical significance
Years ago I was staring at the constellation and realized that, if viewed in 3 dimensions, the belt anomaly made sense. It’s an optical illusion if viewed in 2D, when you see it in 3D it takes the form of a Jack,
I cant seem to get this image to appear, but it shows what im talking about
All cultures viewed Orion as the center of everything, and when viewed 3 dimensionally it appears the center star is the center. I’ve never been able to see it 2D since

[img=http://imageshack.us/scaled/large/211/orion4.jpg]

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the dogstar connection yet. (Sirius)

I read over a year ago when the "strange sounds" all over the earth were going on, that there was a tribe of aborigines that worshiped or prayed to Sirius, and the WAY they worshiped/prayed, was with these bolo type objects, which interestingly enough, sounded VERY similar when they were whipped around their head.

(I never bookmark these sites, I can't find it. I have no idea why I'm stingy with my bookmarks...

Point is though, that there is a connection with this thread & Sirius, as well as the old "god" Dagon.

There's your real starting point; find out the answer to that, and you're onto something. Notice how the china pick had four instead of three pyramids? Maybe that's why.

And if anyone finds it, heck i think there was even a video of the story out there, please post the link would ya? thx.
edit on 26-4-2013 by schadenfreude because: typo

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
reply to post by Akragon

Good post, Akragon, though I think the reason Orion's Belt figured so much in ancient civilisations, was for no other reason than it is very prominent in the night sky, and the three stars almost look placed, due to their positioning, which attracted attention.

Purely my opinion though, and not based on fact.

You might think not, but the bolded parts in the above quote are the basis for what you said, and they are facts.

Harte

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join