It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student wrongly tied to Boston bombings found dead

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I think kids need to harden the **** up.

Seriously, what kind of kids do we want in tomorrows world if they cant cop some ridicule ONLINE!

Hell, i got pushed around at school and teased, no big deal. Everyone does, its a part of growing up and learning to stand up for yourself.

Kids now a days, what a joke. We're turning into a planet of whimps.

No kidding.
And this kid was going to an Ivy League school as I recall? So likely born with a silver spoon... My stepson is 18, no job, has a free roof over his head in a nice house, cable, video consoles to play, and can even go out and ride a horse if he wants, but then listens to Emo crap and is convinced he's "spiraling into a dark abyss" or some other such Emo nonsense....
Please, wish I had it so "rough" when I was 18 and paying for my crappy 1 room apartment with my crappy job that I got to on my crappy motorcycle that had crappy brakes. Planet of wimps is so right.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I think what this event illustrates is the need for people to take responsibility for what they type and say. Even if his death is not connected to the Reddit posts and tweets the witch hunt that emerged was pretty scary. Even now we see people trying to drag this poor kid's name through the mud just because it fits their fantasy narrative. We saw the same thing leading up to 2012. People were content to spread fear. In many cases they didn't even believe in the fear they were spreading. However, if anyone took any kind of action because of the fear that was spread it was not the fearmonger's fault in any way. Just because you have freedom of speech does not mean you are free from the repercussions of that speech. I'm not saying to start censoring yourself. All I'm saying is that maybe you should take a minute and review whether or not what you're about to send out on the Internet is something you would actually say if you weren't hiding behind the anonymity of an avatar and a screen name.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You realise this kid is dead, never coming back to his family and had done nothing wrong

Why speak so ill of him?

Would you appreciate others doing the same of your kid?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I can tell you not everyone that goes to an IVY league school is rich, some parents sacrifice a lot for their kids education, his parents being Indians, i know few that that sacrificed their comfort lives for their kids, even sold their house to live in a basement for such chance. All in the name of their child will help them after.

On the news, it sucks that a family that lost their son, who was probably very good in school. Also on top of grieving for their son, people accusing of them as terrorist and throw threats around.. such a sad event.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I see separate issues in the OP:

1.) No one seems to have "gotten it" that Sunil Tripathi was NOT Muslim. He was Hindu.
These religions are not connected at all.

Hinduism (India) is thousands & thousands of years old.
Islam (Arabia) is about 1400 years old. Muslims kill Hindus.

The names Sunil Tripathi are derived from Sanskrit (Hindi). Sunil means "deep dark blue" -- usually connected to the Hindu god, Shiva. Sometimes associated with Krishna, the 8th Avatar of the Hindu god, Vishnu.
Tripathi means "one who has studied the 3 Vedas (Hinduism)."

I'm reminded of that idiot who killed Sikhs at their temple because he thought they were Muslims.

2.) Sunil Tripathi was last seen on 15 March 2013. It's not certain WHEN or HOW he died. His body was so decayed it could not be visually identified -- they had to use dental records.

3.) Someone on Twitter (or some other social media) mistook one of the Boston bombers photos for Sunil Tripathi.

4.) Sunil Tripathi's family must be going thru hell. Not only was their son misidentified as a possible Boston bomber on social media, but now they know their missing son is dead.

Losing a son, is huge for anyone, but especially for a Hindu family -- a son who managed to get into Brown U (Ivy League -- this is the same university JFK, Jr. attended). Hopes for a bright future dashed.

5.) The irresponsibility of social media in their wild speculations. But that's the nature of the beast. Unless you want all social media moderated. Then you would have complaints of censorship.

Personally, I'm very curious about what happened to Sunil Tripathi. More tragedy.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I found an article written by a blogger that calls Tripathi one of the bombers, from April 19th. In the blog it says "Police reportedly released the names of the Boston Marathon attackers." and implies that Tripathi is one of the names they released. Did police ever mistakenly release the wrong names?

blog.doodooecon.com...

Also, the same article from the 19th says this about Sunil.

His family further reported that he may have been battling depression while on leave from school. "He's been trying to figure out what he wants to do in life, where he wants to go," Ravi Tripathi, Sunil Tripathi's brother, said."

edit on 26-4-2013 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

The Business Insider article that this blog links to, in the first paragraph, originally connected Tripathi to the bombing. They have since changed the names to the real bombers names. I think the police and main stream media are as much to blame here as "internet vigilantes" if this turns out to be true.

From comments section at the bottom of blog.doodooecon.com...

The first paragraph linked to a story that the police published the names. This article was published at 3 am, the referenced report changed at 3:07am.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Tripathi’s family said in a statement expressing its “indescribable grief” and gratitude. “We appreciate the coverage and support, but at this time, we ask for privacy for our family and for our love for Sunny.”

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Do you know why Israel does not have mass murders and bombings like Boston Marathon?

The government there racially profiles.

We racially profiled during WWII with the Japanese and we had no trouble.

The environment of this war today is a lot different that tanks and planes.

We need to do more racial profiling not less.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

Tripalthi was a Hindu. They are not members of Al Qeada. They are further from Islam than a Jew or Christian would be.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Someone could start a thread
about the *ussification of American Males.

However they could also start a thread
parallel about the *enisification of the American Female.

(Hint: missing letters are p+p).

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
nm
edit on 4/26/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by neformore

Do you know why Israel does not have mass murders and bombings like Boston Marathon?

The government there racially profiles.

We racially profiled during WWII with the Japanese and we had no trouble.

The environment of this war today is a lot different that tanks and planes.

We need to do more racial profiling not less.

Identifying Muslims as POTENTIAL terrorists is NOT the same thing as "racial profiling." Muslims come in ALL RACES: Semitic, European Whites, Black, Yellow, Brown, etc.

Don't compare this to the INTERNMENT of American citizens of Japanese descent during WWII.
That was not really "racial profiling either. They did not lock up the Chinese or other Asians, only Japanese.

More like "ethnic profiling," even though there was unmistakable racism behind it.

As an example of the racism: if an American citizen was as much as 1/8 (one eighth) Japanese, he or she could be locked up in an Internment camp. One eighth Japanese means one has ONE GREAT GRANDPARENT who was Japanese.

These were American citizens (some who had served in the US military during WWI) who were forced to abandon their houses and businesses, ALL their property except what they could carry in ONE suitcase.
No recompense for their loss.

Don't compare that gross injustice of internment to the "religious profiling" of Muslims.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Here's a conspiracy for ya!

This student was originally supposed to be the patsy for the bombings, but something went wrong either because he wouldn't cooperate or they couldn't properly get him into the role for some reason so he was "taken care of". Meanwhile, certain internet trolls and operatives were instructed to peg him as the suspect when the bombings occured but not until after the photos went out. Someone didn't get the memo that a new patsy was tapped to play the role and mistakenly identified the missing-at-the-time student as the bomber.

I mean, what are the coincidences that a person missing for weeks would be identified as the bomber by some random person on the internet? How did someone get from point A to B that this now-dead student was the bomber based on a fuzzy photo.

Just sayin'....(this is slightly tongue-in-cheek, btw. Just slightly.)

ETA: Maybe it also explains his disappearance.
edit on 26-4-2013 by nunya13 because: (no reason given)

ETA: It could also explain why even the police were releasing his name as a suspect. They must not have gotten the memo either.
edit on 26-4-2013 by nunya13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
This article explains how the mix up happened by way of tweets and the police scanners mentioning his name, has audio recording of the scanner broadcast that doesn't seems to have his name afterall. Unless it was edited out to online listeners recording it.

Link

This is a great link and I hope more see it, it explains the whole how and why the poor guys name came up and how it spread so fast.

Edit I'd like to add I wish ATS's search function worked better so I could search when the first mention of him appeared on here, not to chastise the Poster but to see where he links it from and see if it was before the supposed school friend of Sunil tweeted something.
I remember seeing his name on here pretty quick, I'm sure others noticed too, it died down for a bit then it became the main story of discussion in some thread for a little while.
edit on 26-4-2013 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

then we need to do more religious profiling.
Thank you for correcting me.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
He was more than likely collateral damage, so as to avoid any possibly unforeseen dynamics arising in future to what will serve as histories 'Official story'.

As an added bonus!!! "HE DIED!!! OH NO!! YOU SHOULD BE BAD AND ASHAMED OF YOURSELF JOHN Q CITIZEN!! .. See what happens when you try acting collectively in a manner smarter than we are comfortable with?!? In future just stay unattached .. dumb .. and drink our Kool aid! It is the best Kool aid, because we said it is!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Stuff like this has happened before the internet was around.. just a news flash in case you have been living under a rock

This occurrence is not exclusive to the internet. Back when print was big i bet there were people saying "the darkest days of print blah blah blah" ...that was all the rage.

It is not a big deal at all. People like to talk and pick on people... sometimes some people are picked on who cannot take it and bad things happens. It comes with living life... seems to me some people can deal with it.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Some paranoid basement troll from 4chan (with sh**itty Windows Paint skills), got confused between a missing Hindu (from a month prior), and an FBI 'Most Wanted' portrait of the 2nd bombing suspect. "DURR, they kinda look alike."

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by votan
Stuff like this has happened before the internet was around.. just a news flash in case you have been living under a rock

"Stuff like this" didn't go viral within minutes, being able to be seen and viewed by millions of people across a nation and across the planet though, did it?

Just a news flash in case you'd forgotten

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join