Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Williams-Sonoma Pulls Pressure Cookers Off Shelves In Boston Area

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Ridiculous? Obviously! Too little, too late? Irrelevant!

The decision to temporarily stop selling the cooking device, which is meant to cook food at a high pressure, was not a corporate-wide decision, Chief Marketing Officer Pat Connolly told HuffPost. Connolly said that some managers of stores near the location of the bombing decided to pull the item.

"Some of them had friends and relatives who were impacted by everything," he added.

I'm not trying to be insensitive, but this just leaves me shaking my head. As if, New York, L.A., Bellevue, Orlando, Portland, Anchorage or any other city doesn't have pressure cookers on their shelves.

The pressure-cookers are not the enemy people!!!!

Should Boston take nails off the shelves because they were used?
Should Boston take backpacks off the shelves?
Should Boston take Chechens off the streets?

I know this was decided by a couple of local store managers but, COME ON MAN!!! Get real!

AND this is only temporary, meaning after an unknown amount of time, we will apparently all forget pressure cookers were ever used as bombs.

Local Boston store managers -- if you're sooooooo concerned a copycat will conduct another bombing... don't you think you should've pulled these from the shelves.... i don't know... maybe TUESDAY APRIL 16!!??!?!?

source

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Hate it when pressure cookers pack themselves full of explosives and shrapnel and go off in my face... Been dodging those on the daily. Do it all by themselves too, fascinating occurrence.!

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

I saw this yesterday and also thought it was the most asinine ridiculous thing ever.

Pulling pressure cookers off of shelves. I don't even know what to say...

reply to post by boncho

It's not shrapnel, it's fragmentation, or frag.

Shrapnel is only found in the Shrapnel artillery round that has not been used since WWII.

Sorry, it's just a thing that bugs me.
edit on 25-4-2013 by watchitburn because: Shrapnel

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Just wait.... Pressure Cooker Legislation is around the corner......
THEY TOOK OUR PRESSURE COOKERS~ I hear the protests now.... Anti-Pressure Cooker Legislation....
I crack myself up sometimes.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
crap now I guess we will have to just use regular metal pots with lots of duct tape to make our bombs.. or go to one of the many flea markets, ebay, online stores, kitchen stores, walmart, ect and buy a pressure cooker.

maybe they should stop making pressure cookers all together or require licensing to buy them and make it a felony to sell it without going through the police to transfer it to new ownership...

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

what a shallow attempt to look righteous....because I'm sure over at Williams-Sonoma they were flying off of the shelves....nitwits

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Yeah, it just doesnt make any logical sense whatsoever.

What, do employees in Boston walk by pressure cookers in their stores and cower?

As if only Bostonians were affected.... as if 90 other countries weren't represented at the Boston marathon.

dumb dumb dumb

new topics

top topics

join