It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tritium leaked from 4 of 7 reservoirs, “1,100,000,000Bq/m3 from reservoir No.1″

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

So no effect on ocean life?

There is always an effect.

Even one stray gamma photon effects you... maybe it kills a single cell in your body?

But since we are individually made up of trillions of cells, a few cells dying aren't going to have that much of an effect on us.

The average human body has around 4,000 Becquerels of radiation at any given time....

And typically, this means that thousands of your body cells are dying every second.

But this would be true even without radiation....

Is there an effect on Ocean life from the massive amounts of radioisotopes in the ocean?

Of course there is.

The real question is, is it enough of an effect, to affect them?

Our planet is alive with radioactivity, there are radioisotopes of various concentrations in the soil, in the water we drink, in the food we eat, the air we breath, and even the sunlight that shines down upon us have ionizing radiation in it.

But we have lived with radiation since the beginning.

There has never been a time on the planet earth when there was not radiation.

And you have never lived a single day of your life, when you weren't being bombarded constantly by ionizing radiation, having some of your cells die by the radiation, and then being healed or re-grown by your bodies natural processes.

Radiation is just something that all life has to deal with, and all things considering, we do it quite well.

So, the only real concern with radiation, is your PERSONAL DOSE of radiation.

Sure, One billion Becquerel of tritium sounds mightily scary.... but it's all extremely concentrated, and for most of us, half a world away.

Even the people in Tokyo are far enough away from the source of this radiation that they will in all likelihood never see any detrimental effects from the tritium, and if they ever ARE exposed to tritium from that source, it will probably be in concentrations too small to be registered as any different from background radiation.

You are NOT going to want to play around the reactor, or within several miles of the facility... because it would be killing off your bodies cells at a faster rate than they can replenish them.

But letting these radioisotopes into the environment isn't going to "Ruin" the planet, because it will disperse the concentrations where any particular biological entity isn't going to be hit by anything except the most minute fraction of the total emitted energy so as to be indistinguishable from background sources.

Radiation CAN BE Dangerous in large enough quantities..... but it's not an automatic world ending, biosphere destroying super poison.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Nice huh? Now WHAT is LEAKING from the OTHER plants up there, Fukushima was NOT the only one! Why is there ZERO news about the other plants, ALL of which were closed due to the tsunami and earthquake. Some with larger reactors than fukushima. What about THOSE? I imagine if Fukushima is this bad the others have more problems too. In order to see the WHOLE picture we should be discussing ALL the nuclear plants that were damaged by the tsunami/earthquake.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Opportunia

Which plants other than Fukushima were damaged?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Oh, yeah. Tritium and radiation are natural and nonlethal. Blah. Blah.
I've said it once and I'll say it again,
go drink 5 gallons of water consecutively (in one sitting) and come back and tell us what happens. After all, water's natural and necessary to life right?
I'll give you a hint, you won't be coming back to report because you'll be dead.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Oh, I'm terribly sorry...

BUT YOU MUST HAVE MISSED EVERYTHING I HAVE SAID IN THIS THREAD

I swear, I have just about had it with you people using the strawman tactic against me.

ESPECIALLY when you don't even bother to READ what I have written.
edit on 26-4-2013 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Hey, Tepco...you could make some serious bank by selling your HTO to Savannah River. We'll take all you've got. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by Opportunia

Which plants other than Fukushima were damaged?

Try this post where I listed the ones I could find info on:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia

Oh, I'm terribly sorry...

BUT YOU MUST HAVE MISSED EVERYTHING I HAVE SAID IN THIS THREAD

I swear, I have just about had it with you people using the strawman tactic against me.

edit on 26-4-2013 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

Please go have some water and calm down.
You aren't even aware that there was more than one plant damaged.
Oh, and next time you have to have an x-ray, tell them you don't need the lead apron.

Here's an article about plants 1 & 2 suffering damage. Reactor 4 isn't mentioned.
articles.latimes.com...
edit on 27-4-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

You aren't even aware that there was more than one plant damaged.

Are those plants leaking radiation?

Oh, and next time you have to have an x-ray, tell them you don't need the lead apron.

Stop trying to strawman me.

I know what I said in this thread, and apparently you do not.

You keep trying to put words into my mouth, saying that I believe that radiation is harmless or whatever.... and you are frankly, more wrong that I thought was possible.

You apparently didn't even read anything that I said in this thread, and are more concerned with putting words in my mouth, and then telling me that I need to DIE for some odd, psychopathic reason.

Why don't you just leave.... as You are Ignorant of the discussion that is happening in this thread, and I would WAGER that the only reason you are here, is to spread unnecessary FEAR of all things radiation related, wile desperately trying to keep the public as IGNORANT AS POSSIBLE of what radiation actually IS, and how it ACTUALLY WORKS.

Seriously, why is it that any-time someone disagrees with people like this, they always recommend DEATH as something that the person who disagrees with them should do?

It's transparent as all [snip] is what it is.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I never said for you to go die, so please stop crying.
You keep going on about how all life would die without radiation, but you can't lump solar radiation in with nuclear radiation. They aren't the same.
Oh, and don't be asking me if I've read what you've written and don't ask me to go away. You have no power when I'm providing you with info and all you can do is answer my post with a question. If you want to know if plants one and two are leaking, do your own research. After all, according to you, you weren't even aware that plant four was not the only one damaged. I'm not here to spoon feed you and, frankly, your debating skills need work. I'm leaving this thread not because you know so much more than me, but because your elementary debating skills are boring me.
Good luck on proving your point and don't forget to eat a banana, you little monkey.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

so please stop crying.

>Implying

You keep going on about how all life would die without radiation

Would you like to quote where I actually said what you are currently attributing to me?

Oh, and don't be asking me if I've read what you've written

You clearly haven't

and don't ask me to go away.

You really should.

You have no power

And you have the power to tell me what I can and cannot say? IS that it?

If you want to know if plants one and two are leaking, do your own research.

I didn't ask you if those two plants were leaking, because we already know that the Fukishima plants are leaking.

Since you are the one who started the discussion on the "Other" plants that were damaged, why is it so difficult for you to answer these simple questions about them?

Are these other plants leaking?

Is the problem with answering that question that it would make your argument look bad?

After all, according to you, you weren't even aware that plant four was not the only one damaged.

No one in this entire thread, or I would wager, Discussion of the Fukushima incident has ever mentioned any plants other than the Fukushima plants.

This is the first I have heard of it... and so I asked you if those plants were leaking, and instead of responding, you continue to strawman and attack me with vitriol and derision.

You really are quite transparent, you know...

I'm not here to spoon feed you

OtherSideOfTheCoin?

Is that you?

frankly, your debating skills need work.

We haven't been debating, I have been responding to your attacks against me.

And your attacks are TRANSPARENT, and childish.

I'm leaving this thread not because

Because you don't want to answer my very simple question about the other damaged plants that I asked you....

ARE THOSE PLANTS LEAKING?

And, instead of answering the question, like a grown up....

You launch ad homenim attacks, strawman arguments, thinly veiled insults, and steal away into the night before you are taken to task about what you have actually said in this thread.

T
R
A
N
S
P
A
R
E
N
T
edit on 27-4-2013 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

It's a waste of time to try and use science and logic and numerous case studies about the lack of danger of even moderate amounts of radiation, to people who don't want to hear, or as you say, even read anything that clashes with their illogical dread of any amount of radiation. But, I think it also neccessary to realiser that ATS is not in the business of education or trying to determine truths, but of making money, and fear and contoversy sell big time. It is beyond belief that so many people can be so ignorant and unwilling to even consider the other side of the story, but it also has to be considered that some of these people may work for organisations that have a vested interest in promoting the Nuclear Scare Scam. One or two appear to be just some very poor AI programs that respond with the most ridiculous and unrelated rants, good for a laugh occasionally, but pretty pathetic really. I had hoped that even if only a couple of people realised how they were being conned by this radiation thing, and so had one less thing in life to worry about, it would be worth the frustration of wading through all the garbage posted here, but I guess I was very naive in that thinking. So now I think I'm going to put my time to better use by starting work on building my own nuclear power source, just a simple radioisotope thermoelectric generator. Luckily my neighbours understand science, they want in on it too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join