It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist with questions on possession.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by mrperplexed

Sometimes a dream is just a dream.

This. Are you possessed ? Doubtful. Are you dealing with known or unknown stress? Probably. Speaking another language not really a big deal because you are neither awake nor does your GF have a clue as to whether your using it correctly. Once upon a time my exhusband woke up to hear me babbling math problems in my sleep when i was stressed out over a math course i was taking. He had no idea if i was solving them correctly but he was certain I thought I was. It happens. Your brain is exposed to so much on a daily basis there is literally no end to what one could come across in their sleep and dreams.
edit on 26-4-2013 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrperplexed
For any that know me they will know that I am an agnostic athiest. To get to the point last night my girlfriend woke me from a startling dream saying that I was talking in my sleep.

She asked what I was dreaming about and I was reluctant to tell her as she is Catholic and I am atheist. My dream however was me pleading with Jesus and God do "release these demons" from me. In my dream I was possessed and I was pleading with figures I have no belief in to exercise me.

Upon the morning commute she says that I scared her last night because she woke up to a growl and it sounded like there was an animal in the room. Furthermore I was talking in my sleep but not in English. She says I was talking articulately just not in english, plus the growl....

When I told her the subject of my dream we both got the chills and heebiejeebies...

Any thoughts?[

You have no business being in a relationship with a Catholic (not telling her your non-existant belief systems) and expecting all things will go well. She very well may be driving these unsettling dreams; unknown to you whatever grips her subconscious will eventually grip yours (ownership) and the Catholic church is famous for soul hoarding, especially those that are fence sitting, thereby vulnerable to influence.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrperplexed
For any that know me they will know that I am an agnostic athiest. To get to the point last night my girlfriend woke me from a startling dream saying that I was talking in my sleep.

She asked what I was dreaming about and I was reluctant to tell her as she is Catholic and I am atheist. My dream however was me pleading with Jesus and God do "release these demons" from me. In my dream I was possessed and I was pleading with figures I have no belief in to exercise me.

Upon the morning commute she says that I scared her last night because she woke up to a growl and it sounded like there was an animal in the room. Furthermore I was talking in my sleep but not in English. She says I was talking articulately just not in english, plus the growl....

When I told her the subject of my dream we both got the chills and heebiejeebies...

Any thoughts?
edit on 25-4-2013 by mrperplexed because: (no reason given)

Your experience sounds like nothing more than a dream to me. However, even though it may just be a dream, what no one has bothered to mention is that God and angels do have the ability to appear to you in your dreams to send you a message as they did to Biblical characters like Joseph as shown in the verse below.

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily. But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins. Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus. - Matthew 1:18-25

I can assure you that if you did truly did come in contact with a demon (also referred to as 'foul spirits' in the Bible) or fallen angel at all then you would have a lot more to say about your experience than what you've written, more vivid, unpleasant and quite horrific things to be exact.

Demonic attacks

edit on 27-4-2013 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Anyone ever notice that only Catholics get "possessed" by demons?

Maybe its just in the movies, but I don't recall ever hearing about anyone being possessed except devout Catholics...

Is it just me?

By no means. While I agree it seems like it happens to them the most, and with more extreme things like Stigmata, etc., it is not only Catholics who become possessed. Here are a couple of examples:

www.youtube.com... (prime example of self-professed Christians giving heed to seducing spirits)

www.wnd.com... (scroll down just a little bit to get to the video)

OP, based on your dream, it sounds as though the Holy Spirit was touching your heart. If you like, please click on this link and read the information it has to offer.

www.remnantofgod.org...
edit on 28-4-2013 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I couldn't help but comment on this, as it is perhaps the other side of that coin. You ever notice in how all the "possessed" movies it's always a Catholic priest that does the exorcism? Why is it you never see a Methodist preacher? Or a Hindu?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mrperplexed

As others have said, I'm not sure if "agnostic atheist" makes any sense.

If you can believe demons exist, why can't you believe God exists? If God doesn't exist, than what's the big deal? Nothing to worry about, correct?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join