Atheist with questions on possession.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
For any that know me they will know that I am an agnostic athiest. To get to the point last night my girlfriend woke me from a startling dream saying that I was talking in my sleep.

She asked what I was dreaming about and I was reluctant to tell her as she is Catholic and I am atheist. My dream however was me pleading with Jesus and God do "release these demons" from me. In my dream I was possessed and I was pleading with figures I have no belief in to exercise me.

Upon the morning commute she says that I scared her last night because she woke up to a growl and it sounded like there was an animal in the room. Furthermore I was talking in my sleep but not in English. She says I was talking articulately just not in english, plus the growl....

When I told her the subject of my dream we both got the chills and heebiejeebies...

Any thoughts?
edit on 25-4-2013 by mrperplexed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Welcome to the party Sheriff

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Thanks! Im still kind of freaked however.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
With her being Catholic, you may want to talk to your friendly neighborhood priest and ask him for advice. Even if you don't believe in it, it would help her if nothing is really wrong.

However, if something IS wrong, you may want to reconsider that whole "no God" thing.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Agnostic root word means no knowledge or I don't know, not sure how your are a agnostic atheist, but that's not here nor there.

If you are concerned why don't you do a test, a prayer of sorts, simply ask God, or the creator or Devine being what ever you want to help you, give you a sign of some kind if he's real to help your situation. See if anything happens over the week.
edit on 25-4-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Your "friendly" neighborhood priest is the very LAST place to go for advice.

Jesuits are sometimes called "the Men from Below" for a VERY good reason...

The father of lies is hiding behind Religion which is the reason WHY it is 99% lies.

“ If ever there was a body of men who merited eternal damnation on earth and in hell, it is this Society of [Ignatius de] Loyola.” – John Adams ( 2nd President of the United States)

As usual, benrl gave you some excellent TRUTH.

Something you will rarely find in Religion.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mrperplexed

My thoughts are, something is bothering you, and you aren't dealing with it in your waking life, so it's coming out in your dreams. The only demons you have are unresolved issues that have nothing to do with evil spirits possessing you. As to the growling sound. Again, nothing new. Humans are capable of making some strange sounds in their sleep.

And lastly, if you ask for a sign from God, you're going to get one if you really want it, even if God isn't real. That's how the subconscious mind works.

Deal with the issues you've been repressing, and you'll find the rest will take care of itself.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Care to explain why the Jesuit Society is apparently the Antichrist?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Anyone ever notice that only Catholics get "possessed" by demons?

Maybe its just in the movies, but I don't recall ever hearing about anyone being possessed except devout Catholics...

Is it just me?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Your heart knows the truth but your mind resists and the flesh is weak and your soul longs for Gods embrace to free you from this capsule, all you have to do is ask and you shall receive.
edit on 25-4-2013 by WarriorOfLight96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I am also an agnostic atheist.

I agree with Klassified. Is there something going on in your waking life that you're not dealing with? Are you not being honest with yourself about something? These 'demons' in your dreams are most likely reflections of something in your waking life that you need to face.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I don't interpret other people's dreams, but some dream motifs and characters are dreamt by many people, and I sometimes recognize those motifs and characters. I can tell you what several of the people who have dreamt dreams like yours have thought about their dreams, but only you can decide whether that has anything to do with your personal dream.

Your girlfriend woke up, probably because your talking in your sleep coincided with a shallower portion of her sleep cycle. She didn't hear an animal growl, but she was trying to place the sound while half awake. The growl was an early discarded hypothesis.

Apparently you were vocalizing, but nonsense. Unless you speak another language besides English that she doesn't, there's no reason to think you were speaking in a genuine language. As can hardly be a surprise, a human being will "recognize" speech as speech even when it isn't actually speech, and not be the least bit bothered that they don't know the language.

www.youtube.com...

As for your dream, you live in a Christian culture, with a Christian woman. Why would dreaming an iconic Christian theme surprise you?

In fact, that's probably a good idea for conscious follow-up on your dream. Why does it surprise you? That's for you to answer.

And yes, it is a Christian theme, Akragon, Catholics are the most prevalent form of Christians. You can easily find Orthodox exorcism material and Fundamentalist Protestant exorcism material on the web. Non-Christians, too, have forms of exorcism.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrperplexed
She says I was talking articulately just not in english, plus the growl....

When I told her the subject of my dream we both got the chills and heebiejeebies...

Pray, even if only in relation to an imagined perfect observer, including Jesus Christ. But if something profound takes place, prepare to become a person of faith.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

About possession. What you need to understand is that all things are from God. The good and the bad. If you feel possessed, what is the feeling telling you to do?

If the feeling is against love than you simply need to ask God what you need to do to eliminate this from your life. This may be a vision to awaken you to a future problem. If you make whatever situation right that may not be right than you can be sure that you have only been given a warning. Do you need to change anything? This may be personal so I'm more asking you to reflect.

Most likely when it is a dream it is either nothing that can be interpreted or something coming. If it is a true vision I would imagine it would feel like something could be coming soon or maybe later but that you would have a feeling either way.

Once you understand that the only thing that can posses you is whatever God allows, than you know that the purpose is for God. If what the possession is telling you to do is against love, consider this a test that without love you will fail. You must do only what is right, you cannot give into temptation.

Otherwise I believe it is simply a warning about a time to come. Be ready for anything but remember love always conquers so when you become weak let love become your strength.

Or it could all be you and your girlfriend being paranoid? I will leave it up to you. Hope this helps you understand demons a little. The best way I have found to describe demons is powerful emotions that are against love. But love always wins; at least that is what Jesus said.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
reply to post by Murgatroid

Care to explain why the Jesuit Society is apparently the Antichrist?

Exactly MY THOUGHT. Care to explain the Jesuits as instruments of the Devil? They are not anymore in league with the Catholic Church, (carry long term vestiments, NO MORE),.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Maybe its just in the movies, but I don't recall ever hearing about anyone being possessed except devout Catholics...Is it just me?

No surprise as its Satans personal Church, only can Catholics (some Penticostals) are can be possessed. The strange thing is that in the observation that the Priest is the only one to/can exorcise the wicked DEVIL, it is the Catholic (they know them best) as they created each other. Here is the funny thing, the Catholic Church is not happy in being revealed as the creator/quellor of the Demons, shall I name them, in their refusal to acknowledge the existance of the demonic proves their creation of them (around the block again; ONLY they can admonish, dispell and cast them from the human living body).
edit on 25-4-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Sometimes a dream is just a dream.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Maybe its just in the movies, but I don't recall ever hearing about anyone being possessed except devout Catholics...

Is it just me?

Satan already has disbelievers, no effort needed on the evil one's part. Satan detests the faith, he believes it.
Why do you imagine Satanists have their 'black masses' and steal and desecrate consecrated hosts?

Prophecy tells you the plan and holy Scripture. The anti-Christi is going to attempt to abolish the most
Holy Eucharist. This is the "abomination of desolation" spoken of in Daniel.

God bless you Akragon,

colbe

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrperplexed
For any that know me they will know that I am an agnostic athiest. Text.

She asked what I was dreaming about and I was reluctant to tell her as she is Catholic and I am atheist. My dream however was me pleading with Jesus and God do "release these demons" from me. In my dream I was possessed and I was pleading with figures I have no belief in to exercise me.

Upon the morning commute she says that I scared her last night because she woke up to a growl and it sounded like there was an animal in the room. Furthermore I was talking in my sleep but not in English. She says I was talking articulately just not in english, plus the growl....

Any thoughts?
edit on 25-4-2013 by mrperplexed because: (no reason given)

mrperplexed,

Maybe your bad dreams will go away if...

For your soul, I hope, still it is your choice. God doesn't change, unrepentant fornicators do not get into Heaven. Fornication is a mortal sin! The world in our time rejects fornication as even being a sin like a lot of other mortal sins accepted today. God created sex for marriage and procreation...both.

Marry your girlfriend or remain celibate. If you two marry, it has to be more than a civil marriage, marriage is a Sacrament, you have to be married by a priest or minister. Since she is Catholic, it has to be a priest.

Back to the sin of fornication, both of you confess this sin to God. Your girlfriend must go to Confession.

I am not holier than thou, I did the same as you two before I realized, before my conversion. Pray about it.

love,

colbe

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I am also an agnostic atheist.

I agree with Klassified. Is there something going on in your waking life that you're not dealing with? Are you not being honest with yourself about something? These 'demons' in your dreams are most likely reflections of something in your waking life that you need to face.

What exactly is an agnositic atheist (fence sitters); cannot commit to atheism because thats over the top, meaning you are just as guilty of "BELIEVING" in something as a theist. Your problem is in identifying your self as a believer in anything (you would have to defend it). Agnostics do not know what they believe or if there is a system of belief at all. Would Agnostic Gnostic Theist make any more sense? NO, just as ridiculous.
edit on 26-4-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join