It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accused Boston Bombers Plotted Attack in NYC, Police Say

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

Regarding Your Question
What's the difference between this incident and recent The Aurora shooting/ Newton shootings? Other then the fact that those are not labeled as Terror incidents, why does this one have so much info being leaked?

Personally I don't see much of a difference between this and the Aurora shootings (other than the Aurora shootings resulting in more people killed) if you base it on the act of senseless murder in a public place (Aurora Century Theatres, Boston Street) at a special event (Batman Opening Night Premiere, Boston Marathon). However if you are asking which incident I have more unanswered questions about, it is close but there are many things that cause me to question if Holmes was responsible and if he acted alone. With Boston while I do have questions, I have more about Aurora.

Regarding the Boston information leaks: Frankly I believe that the primary goal of these leaks are to cement public sentiment that the Black & White Hat Brothers are guilty and acted alone; in the coming days, weeks and months they will "clarify" a lot of these leaks (just like they "clarified" that he was unarmed in the boat). The other reason for these leaks is equally unethical but much more simple: "news" divisions (both broadcast and cable) are jockeying for ratings positions and Boston coverage has given a boost to ratings across the board (except MSNBC); so if a news outlet can provide the viewer with "exclusive" information, even if that information is from the shakiest source they will report it as fact.

Why are details from those two first incidents basically all but closed to the public, but this one is not?
Actually the most important details from the Boston Marathon Bombing are being closely guarded from the public and the media. The most talked about detail that no official has gone on the record saying that they have viewed it is the alleged video footage of each suspect planting their backpack with the explosive device inside, detonating the device and reacting to the destruction. While it is rumored to exist, no one in government or LE has stated that they've seen it (but they have heard about it).

Why is this being considering trustworthy, and not what it technically is, hearsay?
It obviously isn't being viewed as trustworthy by you, me or many people here. Frankly, these sources can say anything about what White Hat Guy allegedly communicated because in all likelihood anything he said prior to being given his Miranda Rights will almost certainly be inadmissible in Court; and if they make his pre-Miranda statements admissible then the defense has a strong argument questioning how lucid the suspect was due to the fact that he was being medically brought in and out of consciousness and on heavy sedatives and likely pain medication.

The suspect is talking, but the only picture the public has seen is one that looks like he is comatose. Where are the new photos of him alert in fair condition? Why no picture?
The same reason that the photo of his brother's corpse was on every website within 5 hours of his death; that is what they want the public to see. And, just like the Bin Laden death photo, it is highly unlikely that we will see additional photos of White Hat Guy because such photos do not advance their interests and without any visuals of him looking healthier it isn't hard to claim that his condition was far worse than officials had revealed and he died from his injuries.

The only difference here is we have a Mayor holding a press conference on info obtained from an inside source. How does that make it more credible?
The mouthbreathing masses who see Bloomberg's press conference on the news will buy it hook line and sinker simply because these are the same rubes who believe that all of the info from every story based on "sources telling us______" is fact.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I believe, my opinion, i think....

No point

edit on 25-4-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
A kid and his older brother bombing Boston, then NYC?

Yeah, look at all the commotion they caused in Boston, and if they had not been killed/lobotomized in Boston, they would have caused a huge commotion in NYC. Imagine the lockdown of NYC?

FBI & Al Qaeda: so creative! Afterall, they created Al-Qaeda, and just imagine their new creations in the work!

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tropic

You would have thought that terrible evil government would have gave them the petrol to drive to NYC so they could enslave you more lol. Missed a trick there i suppose.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I won't even claim to understand what those last two posts are even talking about. In my opinion, this kid is feverishly confessing all the half-brained, "wannabe" plots he and his brother were trying to cook up, particularly after they realized they were done for. And some politicians and some media want to take that and twist it for their own purposes.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosegaol

It is important to note that the information attributed to Dzhokar Tsarnaev aka White Hat Guy are alleged statements he made to investigators and those statements were leaked to the media. There are absolutely zero official statements by investigators stating on the record to a reporter what Dzhokar Tsarnaev told them; if anything. All of the statements the media is reporting that Dzhokar Tsarnaev supposedly made is based on "sources are telling us" which means nothing is verifiable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join