It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Syria used Sarin Gas??

page: 1
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   


ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — U.S. intelligence has concluded “with some degree of varying confidence,” that the Syrian government has used sarin gas as a weapon in its 2-year-old civil war, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Thursday.

Hagel, speaking to reporters in Abu Dhabi, said the White House has informed two senators by letter that, within the past day, “our intelligence community does assess, with varying degrees of confidence, that the Syrian regime has used chemical weapons on a small scale in Syria, specifically, the chemical agent sarin.”

“It violates every convention of warfare,” Hagel said.




I dont believe it myself.

Show me the bodies. Show me the injuries.

The US is looking for a new war in my opinion.

SOURcE

Just yesterday, however, Hagel was skeptical. All of a sudden, they are sure? How did they come to this conclusion?

SOURCE FROM YESTERDAY




CAIRO — Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel on Wednesday cast doubt on an Israeli general's conclusion that the Syrian government had used chemical weapons against its own citizens.

Any U.S. response to Syria will be based on American intelligence findings, Hagel said in his first public remarks since an Israeli official alleged Monday that the Syria government had used chemical weapons.

"Suspicions are one thing," Hagel told reporters traveling with him. "Evidence is another."




This is getting ridiculous!
edit on 25-4-2013 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2013 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)




posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack



ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — U.S. intelligence has concluded “with some degree of varying confidence,” that the Syrian government has used sarin gas as a weapon in its 2-year-old civil war, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Thursday.

Hagel, speaking to reporters in Abu Dhabi, said the White House has informed two senators by letter that, within the past day, “our intelligence community does assess, with varying degrees of confidence, that the Syrian regime has used chemical weapons on a small scale in Syria, specifically, the chemical agent sarin.”

“It violates every convention of warfare,” Hagel said.




I dont believe it myself.

Show me the bodies. Show me the injuries.

The US is looking for a new war in my opinion.

SOURcE


When they say with varying degrees of confidence, I don't believe it.



posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Hmmm... I shouldn't be surprised but maybe others will find it interesting. Hagel seems to have a history of being WRONG about things like WMD.

Senate Roll Call: Iraq Resolution

Iraq War Vote (11 October 2002)

Just another scumbag politician ...only this one actually got promoted to leading the most powerful military on Earth. God help us. No one else is in a position to anymore.



posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack
 


I agree with you, because I don't believe it either. Especially after seeing the term, "with some degree of varying confidence." With the Iraq War still looming in our rear view mirror, we should be demanding nothing less than "absolute confidence."

Maybe you should place a question mark at the end of the title to this thread. Just saying.



posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I think Syria is being framed by TPTB.

The USA is funding the uprising, just like those in Egypt and Libya. The uprising is being fueled by Al-Qaida.

We are FUNDING our ENEMY!

What purpose would Syria need to use Chemical Weapons? It is a form of suicide for Assad to do so.

I have a pretty good sense of reading people, and I just don't see Assad as a bad person. And, my family immigrated from Syria at the turn of the century, and I am obviously familiar with the culture, being from syrian heritage myself.

I am sorry, I just don't see the same picture that the MSM is painting for us.




posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

I dont believe it myself.

Show me the bodies. Show me the injuries.

The US is looking for a new war in my opinion.


The Syrian regime has committed the 'crime' of being Shai (like Iran) while all of the USA's and Western Europe's Arab allies are Sunni.

I suspect that Western politicians were bought and paid for long ago with Sunni oil money.

What else explains them falling over themselves to arm assorted Taliban, Al Qaeda and other assorted jihadists who make up much of the FSA?



edit on 25-4-2013 by ollncasino because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack
 


How exactly are we funding them?

If you know any history of this region its very clear to see how certain factions have risen to power over the years, the tensions that exist, and where it all flows from.

It has nothing to do with US funding. Do you believe everything was just peaceful there and the Americans show up, hand out some weapons and bags of cash, and say go cause trouble?

The only funding we've done is from the support of the Mujahideen during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. Granted that played a part in the build-up of some of this but its mostly old regional tensions finally hitting a boiling point.



posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest
 


Cmon...

Go back through 2 years worth of Syrian reports from the West and tell me that we have not thrown any money or weapons the rebels way? How the hell did a minority group of protesters get military grade weapons in the first place?



posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest
 

How AREN'T we funding them?? What am I missing here? ..or have we been watching two radically different things??

Kerry announces $123M in more nonlethal aid to Syrian rebels

Kerry: 11 Nations to Direct Syria Aid Through Rebel General

Sec. Clinton Pledges Additional $45 Million in Aid to Syrian Rebels

The terrorists which form a large % of the FSA aren't entirely American produced by any means ...but at the same time, they've been in a position to cry for help, on the verge of defeat more than once since this began. They wouldn't still exist as a viable threat to the Syrian population and rightfully serving government without the help of the US and Western powers.

Sorry.. We own this baby as much as anything else in recent times. We didn't have to make 'em. We just had to make sure they couldn't LOSE as they well should have more than once now. That makes ownership, IMO.
edit on 25-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by Hopechest
 


Cmon...

Go back through 2 years worth of Syrian reports from the West and tell me that we have not thrown any money or weapons the rebels way? How the hell did a minority group of protesters get military grade weapons in the first place?


There are no shortage of weapons in that region. Never has been.

All the weapons we supplied the Mujahideen to fight were still left when the war with the Soviets ended. Many, many of Iraq's weapons disappeared during the Gulf Wars, the Soviets may be supplying some....they can come from any number of places.

I can guarantee you that we are not covertly supplying weapons there, not given the history of issues like Iran-Contra and the amount of political capital it costs if that's ever found out.



posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Hopechest
 

How AREN'T we funding them?? What am I missing here? ..or have we been watching two radically different things??

Kerry announces $123M in more nonlethal aid to Syrian rebels

Kerry: 11 Nations to Direct Syria Aid Through Rebel General

Sec. Clinton Pledges Additional $45 Million in Aid to Syrian Rebels

The terrorists which form a large % of the FSA aren't entirely American produced by any means ...but at the same time, they've been in a position to cry for help, on the verge of defeat more than once since this began. They wouldn't still exist as a viable threat to the Syrian population and rightfully serving government without the help of the US and Western powers.

Sorry.. We own this baby as much as anything else in recent times. We didn't have to make 'em. We just had to make sure they couldn't LOSE as they well should have more than once now. That makes ownership, IMO.
edit on 25-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)


You would need to provide an itemized list of what was sent since your links refer to non-lethal aid which certainly are not weapons.

Not saying you guys are wrong but I have seen absolutely no evidence or even need for us to fund or arm that area. Way too risky politically to get embroiled more than we are over there and it doesn't fit Obama's MO. He prefers to operate from outside the sphere with no committments.



posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This is a very serious accusation.

If they say they have evidence, then they better f-ing show it. Otherwise, they need to keep their damn mouth shut. If no evidence is being shown, then what they are doing is by-the-book, 100%, Grade A shameless propaganda.

I am not about to sit back and watch another war-front get drummed up just because the money printing machine ran out in Iraq/Afghanistan for all the out of work, out of bids - contractors.



posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by guymontag
This is a very serious accusation.

If they say they have evidence, then they better f-ing show it. Otherwise, they need to keep their damn mouth shut. If no evidence is being shown, then what they are doing is by-the-book, 100%, Grade A shameless propaganda.

I am not about to sit back and watch another war-front get drummed up just because the money printing machine ran out in Iraq/Afghanistan for all the out of work, out of bids - contractors.


Their proof has to be pretty "iffy" at best. The report says varying degrees of confidence, so it's not a home run by any means.
edit on 25-4-2013 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest
 


CIA and friends shipments to Syria


With help from the C.I.A., Arab governments and Turkey have sharply increased their military aid to Syria’s opposition fighters in recent months, expanding a secret airlift of arms and equipment for the uprising against President Bashar al-Assad, according to air traffic data, interviews with officials in several countries and the accounts of rebel commanders.


But this has been going on for a while, it's not an isolated incident.


The airlift, which began on a small scale in early 2012 and continued intermittently through last fall, expanded into a steady and much heavier flow late last year, the data shows. It has grown to include more than 160 military cargo flights by Jordanian, Saudi and Qatari military-style cargo planes landing at Esenboga Airport near Ankara, and, to a lesser degree, at other Turkish and Jordanian airports.


And just some further information to confirm this is likely correct.


From offices at secret locations, American intelligence officers have helped the Arab governments shop for weapons, including a large procurement from Croatia, and have vetted rebel commanders and groups to determine who should receive the weapons as they arrive, according to American officials speaking on the condition of anonymity. The C.I.A. declined to comment on the shipments or its role in them.


That is only one source.. The US spy agencies have been involved pretty much since the beginning and going by this report, they are using those Middle Eastern countries to hide their influence as best as they can.



posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
All the foaming at the mouth about false flag this, false flag that... Well this could very well be the real deal. It would be relatively easy to pull off, hard to prove, and they have a reason for doing it.
edit on 25-4-2013 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest
 


Hope, no, actually I don't need to provide any itemized list. When aid is sent into a civil war and 100% one sided to support for whom it's going to help win or defeat? It's irrelevant what precise supplies went in which shipment.

First, do you always believe everything the United States Government says about the nature of aid shipped to combatants engaged in open war? Hmm.. I suppose you would have argued for the fact advisers were just advising the South Vietnamese prior to the Marines landing in 1965 too, right? Just helping the poor folks (of an unthinkably corrupt regime..) before history shows we just got tired of even trying to play the game and outright assassinated the South Viet President. What a friend the US can be at times....but hey, they ALWAYS tell the truth huh?

Let's say..for the sake of argument, it IS 100% non-lethal aid. What does that mean exactly? Medical supplies ....to help support the Rebel war effort and continue the struggle? Night vision devices of older vintage to help them see the Syrians better to use the LETHAL aid other nations like Oman and Saudi Arabia are sending in clearly marked crates the FSA have released pictures of themselves opening?

I'm sorry, but it's naive or disingenuous to say that any nation can pump hundreds of millions of dollars in aid to a rebel group fighting a properly recognized national government in a strictly INTERNAL MATTER of that nation ...and then claim the result is nothing we have bloody hands for. That's just spinning so bad, it's a blur as the truth is lost entirely.



posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by phantomjack
 


How exactly are we funding them?

If you know any history of this region its very clear to see how certain factions have risen to power over the years, the tensions that exist, and where it all flows from.

It has nothing to do with US funding. Do you believe everything was just peaceful there and the Americans show up, hand out some weapons and bags of cash, and say go cause trouble?

The only funding we've done is from the support of the Mujahideen during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. Granted that played a part in the build-up of some of this but its mostly old regional tensions finally hitting a boiling point.



articles.washingtonp... ost.com/2011-04-17/world/35262231_1_syrian-opposition-diplomatic-cables-syrian-authorities

www.npr.org... omes-with-fears-of-islamist-presence

www.cbc.ca... ed-states-backing-wikileaks.html

First three results from google search.

I would list more, but my lunch is getting cold.



posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Here is a crazy idea...

How about the USA fund its own rebels so that we can rise up and effect a regime change?

No, we are too busy bringing down foreign countries and wasting tax payer money.



posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
Here is a crazy idea...

How about the USA fund its own rebels so that we can rise up and effect a regime change?

No, we are too busy bringing down foreign countries and wasting tax payer money.


No, westerners are to busy watching toddlers with tiara's and stuffing their faces with McD and KFC to give a toss whether our leaders are criminals or not let alone care about whether Muslims are dying t the hands of our terrorist payouts.



posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
We all knew the ace card would be pulled if there rebels didn't succeed in overthrowing the Syrian government
despite attacks upon it from Turkey and Israel,Syria has not retaliated,if the western forces enter the Syrian theatre it should be in the form of medical supplies and humanitarian aid (as we are lead to believe),but instead they will come in Guns blazing,and in doing so draw in Iran

edit on 25-4-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join