It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your greatest experience in life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Wanderer777

I have a weird one of those....

My wife used to be married to my best friend. He passed away due to a heart condition, in his 20's. Took some years, but eventually, we got together. She had two kids from her previous husband.

A couple days after her dad's death, the little girl picks up her toy phone, and has a one-sided conversation with her dad. I mean, if she was pretending, she was giving an Oscar-worthy performance. Gave us all goosebumps.

A few weeks later, we take her to the cemetery, where her father is laid to rest. Keep in mind, there is no gravestone or marker of ANY kind at this point....just grass. No indication at all of anything there. This is about 50' from the road, and several other marked and unmarked graves surround his. She gets out of the care, walks RIGHT to the spot where her dad lay, and sat down and started talking again. Creeptastic....

She was around 3, barely started talking in sentences.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

That is an amazing story. Proof that we live on through our loved ones. You're chalk full of good stories. I hope I'll have a lot of stories when my days are up. It's hard to shut me up, but then I'll actually have personal stories to share. I'm going to be one of those old guys with a story for anything. I'm definitely going to share some of these stories with my wife

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Peace. Just being alive as a human seems to be the greatest experience, but the deepest experience I've had was taking a trip to hell, I wrote about it in a thread, ''Terrifying descent in to a Hellish realm''

I shun evil and stand for good, but God seems to have other plans for those that don't. This put life in perspective for me, no more mysteries, the unseen and otherworldly is more pertinent than what we perceive with our five senses.

Quitting the nasty things I put in my body since 3 months ago changed my life, I feel great, nothing like a good diet, lots of water and excersize. Peace.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
My list is way too long for stories so here are just a couple of things that were great.

Realizing after shaking a strangers hand that I was not a good person: It changed my life.

Paragliding at 17,000ft in the Swiss Alps.

Getting hugs from 70+ year old clients and being told that the balloon ride was the greatest experience of their lives. (This has happened many times).

Buying and riding a Ducati after wanting one for 20+ years.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I haven`t seen much but compared to other people my age it isn`t really nothing- i`ve witnessed 4 pretty bad car crashes, seen a two prop-engined plane crash (from the 8 people in it 1 died), seen a girl crossing a street getting hit by a car (going at around 35 MPH) just right before my eyes (she was like 8 foot in front of me) ... lucky she survived with some major bone fractures, however it still traumatized me a little, even today i`m still a little scared to cross the streets on crosswalks. I am not even exaggerating. I turned 17 recently btw

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Latvietis96
I haven`t seen much but compared to other people my age it isn`t really nothing- i`ve witnessed 4 pretty bad car crashes, seen a two prop-engined plane crash (from the 8 people in it 1 died), seen a girl crossing a street getting hit by a car (going at around 35 MPH) just right before my eyes (she was like 8 foot in front of me) ... lucky she survived with some major bone fractures, however it still traumatized me a little, even today i`m still a little scared to cross the streets on crosswalks. I am not even exaggerating. I turned 17 recently btw

These are the greatest things you have experienced? I think this thread was about the good stuff......
2nd

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

sorry I guess i reckoned its about all the awesome/great stuff, not only the good stuff

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Some great stories so far. It's good to see what changes people and koves people. It is not just about good, but bad experiences can change you just as much if not more than a good story. Anything that changed you is what im looking for

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Congrats chiefsmom! I'm not old enough to be a granny in my mind either (I'm 46 and grandgirl about to be 3). If you thought the kids were fun you ain't seen nothing yet! Being older means more patience and appreciation for the little things (and usually better financial situation than when the kids were little). You are gonna absolutely LOVE being a grandmother!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I was lucky enough to grow up in a lot of different places, and to travel when I was younger. Also, lucky (?) enough to have some pretty weird paranormal stuff happen around us...nothing harmful, just weird and hard to explain.The only other weird thing is that I've been in the position to save folks more often than anybody I know (5 times)...especially since I in no way work in any field where I'd be exposed to it. It even prompted me to take First Aid training a long time ago.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Latvietis96

At least I'm not the only one who seems to have such things happen more often than would seem possible. I think you're right up there with me, and I've got quite a few years on you. What horrible things to have to have witnessed so young...

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

While I was not thrilled at the fact my in-laws invaded the moment unwanted...the birth of my son would have to be #1.

Soul

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I was nearly killed in a near fatal fall from heights and was crushed.

I saw a blinding FLASH of white and gold around a single hand.

Later, I learned a Viet Nam Vet had used one hand BEHIND me (where of course I couldn't see it)....and pulled me out, saving my life.

So did I see his hand from behind me...or was it the Hand of God? I think it was both.

That...was life changing.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Wow I'm impressed with a lot of you. Y'all seem to have witnessed many great and horrible things, but all were life changing. And I'm sure they have all changed you all for the better. I feel blessed I have never seen death, nearly died, been to hell, or a drug problem. You guys are some hardy and strong individuals. Real people. I love it

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Off the top of my head, the only thing I can think of is that which brought me to ATS to begin with.
And that was my UFO sighting.
Though I have never discussed it on this site, as it is, it was not just a ball of light and it was most surely a moment when I was in awe

And then later, much fear.
It was a moment that confirmed for me that something is very much going on, and after years of believing, I was seeing.
E.T.? Government? or something else? But whatever it was, it was real.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Falling in love has to be the greatest experience of anyone's life. It gives you the feeling that the only thing important is the relationship and nothing else matters in the world. It's a feeling of elation that out does anything in our lives next (but not above) to having children.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join