It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Trees UK....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The Woodland Trust is giving away trees to schools, youth groups and community groups in the UK. The trees will be ready for delivery this Autumn. Just thought I would share this as trees are expensive to buy. You can access the trees through existing groups or set up your own community group. Not hard to do you just need a few like minded people and a little work.

There are many different native trees to choose from including Hawthorn, blackthorn, hazel, silver birch, rowan and common oak, dog wood, silver birch etc...

They can be chosen in different theme packs ie.. Edible packs, nature and biodiversity, Colour, Fire Wood and Wetlands. They also come in a range of sizes.

Trees increase the biodiversity in nature, help clean the air, act as Carbon sinks and help keep us healthy in mind. This is only available in the UK but I am sure there are other such schemes in different countries..

So if you want any trees for yourself or community project click on the link below...

www.woodlandtrust.org.uk...

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Do you even have room for wooded areas on that little island with all those people, cities, and farms
I know, it is just symbolic.

Lets see, ten dollars for the permit to plant the tree in the yard, now you landscaped so the property taxes will jump up, if you cut the tree down that will be another thirty dollar permit and it means you landscaped again so it will raise your taxes again

edit on 25-4-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Do you even have room for wooded areas on that little island with all those people, cities, and farms
I know, it is just symbolic.

Pointless reply that shows how little you know about the UK.

Lets see, ten dollars for the permit to plant the tree in the yard, now you landscaped so the property taxes will jump up, if you cut the tree down that will be another thirty dollar permit and it means you landscaped again so it will raise your taxes again

edit on 25-4-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

We don't use dollars here.

edit on 25-4-2013 by DPrice because: to address further ignorance

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DPrice

Considering the UK is about the same size as Michigan and has about six times the population and has a lot of farms, I assume that there are not many forests.
It also seems that farmers won't want to give up land to trees unless they can get some replacement income from the trees.
But you are right, I know little about England.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Well have a look with this thing called Google earth, cracking invention. We have plenty of forest/woodland in the UK but as with anything more is always welcome.

King

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Yes plenty of room for trees. We like our trees here in the UK. I dont get what you mean when you say you have permits to plants trees. Is that to say any tree you plant required a permit.. Here in the UK you do not need to notify anyone if planting a tree...

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

There are no permits required here for planting trees yet, but there are some required in certain subdivisions. I know in Austin Texas it requires a permit to be cut down a tree in your yard. I don't know the particulars but heard from someone living there it was thirty bucks a few years ago. Taxes can be raised by landscaping here in America. They aren't too particular on it yet but if you look at the tax values as representatives of what a house sells for, landscaping is a big part of sale price.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It's always good to have some trees on the edges of farms. Shelter for animals from the weather, or if grain or other food, it good to have the soil sheltered a bit from the wind.

Or shelter around houses, and barns from various weather.

Trees need to be everywhere, it doesn't give up space, they help the space you have.

Sometimes in stores up here, there will be boxes of little seedlings, with a sign that says "take a few".
I picked up about a dozen blue spruce last time.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

It's a great idea. We set up a community garden in my town last year. I will take a look into this, see if we can't add to the area. Free trees

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Well done them, it's nice to be nice. I have always found that little forest there is left in Scotland, for example the 'Trossachs' is one of my favourite days out and one of the most beautiful landscapes out there, so the more the merrier.

edit on 25/4/13 by Ramcheck because: typo

top topics

join