It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea didn't just go away during all of this....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I went to CNN and some other mainstream sources to see what is going on, and REALLY had to dig! Pretty sad.

Anyhow, this crisis hasn't abated much during all of the Boston Bombing fervor. Supposedly, we're facing a week of talks between NK and the US, but with both sides not willing to budge on the key point of a nuclear NK, I don't see how this will go anywhere. Also, SK is now threatening "dire consequences" if NK doesn't talk about what's going to happen at the shared industrial complex in the North.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I thought NK said they would take nuclear action if SK threatened them again. Should we expect NK to nuke SK sometime very soon?

Looks like SK put a deadline of Friday on the talks happening before consequences from their side as well. Isn't it already Friday there?
edit on 4/25/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Funny thing . . . when Jong un is shooting off his pie hole for the world to hear, I feel somewhat safer because it's more of the same old sabre-rattling tactics he and his predecessors have used in the past.

It's when he's quiet that I get nervous because I wonder what they're up to . . . but then again, it's basketball playoff season so the runt's probably busy glued to the tube marvelling at those twice his height!

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
i saw NK disappearing from the scene slowly slowly during the Boston Attack..

i knew something is not right..

im afraid that..

1. NK is on the brink of collapse

2. NK knows its war machine is getting old..they cant for sure modernize it now...their time ran out years ago

3. Now it all depends on what the collapse of this regime brings to the world..peace? or ww3?

IMO NK arent going down alone..they wil try to take the SOuth with them...so a land invasion of SK is more than possible...it already happened to start the Korean War..and it can happen again..and again the US get involved..they re-occupy NK and meet the chinese again...this time...for good i believe...

the chinese army is at their peak

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
just to get an idea ...

to face the chinese the US must regroup..withdraw from all the battlefields engaged into...away from their precious oil..

this aint looking good at all

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The USA are not going to allow South Korea to damage or hurt North Korea, because that would bring China into a war with America, a war America know it is never ever going to be the winner.
No I am sorry but America & South Korea are going to have to live with a Nuclear N/K and Iran and others soon stt, simply because America cannot do a thing about it apart from talking, that is where America can win, because America is, and always has been a Jaw Jaw nation, so USA will have to jaw them to death, simply put America cannot afford any other way being bamkrupt the last 6 years.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
The USA are not going to allow South Korea to damage or hurt North Korea, because that would bring China into a war with America, a war America know it is never ever going to be the winner.
No I am sorry but America & South Korea are going to have to live with a Nuclear N/K and Iran and others soon stt, simply because America cannot do a thing about it apart from talking, that is where America can win, because America is, and always has been a Jaw Jaw nation, so USA will have to jaw them to death, simply put America cannot afford any other way being bamkrupt the last 6 years.

We are just waiting for our newly released American made bird flu H7N9 to tear through the populations there. Will be much easier to take over with many dead or dying. Once in we miraculously find the cure, save millions and once again are sitting pretty in the eyes of the world. Come on....it makes perfect sense....

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

NoKo obviously didn't go away these past weeks but their warmongering has quieted down. The good news is China is on board with peace talks and open dialogue between the SoKo & the US. So far NoKo is being stubborn but if they're gonna listen to anyone it's China.

China 'Won't Accept N.Korean Nuclear Armament'

english.chosun.com...

Chinese Premier Li Keqiang on Wednesday assured South Korean Foreign Minister Yun Byung-se that Beijing will not tolerate North Korea's nuclear arms, according to a diplomatic source.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

North Korea didn't just go away during all of this....,

Just the media coverage of it. They have been busy with another agenda. But thank god we can now look forward to more about the evil Korean overlords. After all, we need to establish how terribly necessary it is to do something about them.

Despite that they have actually done nothing...

and that they are the straw man for the real issue, China.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Originally posted by Alternative4u

We are just waiting for our newly released American made bird flu H7N9 to tear through the populations there. Will be much easier to take over with many dead or dying. Once in we miraculously find the cure, save millions and once again are sitting pretty in the eyes of the world. Come on....it makes perfect sense....

Yes sounds good, but the thing that is lacking there is that America has no skill or money in that field of medicine, they are even having problems finding a new Antibiotic that works for blood poisoning, let alone bird flu things.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I knew they never went anywhere and was pondering to myself about the disconnect a couple of days ago. It kind of made me fearful that they stopped covering it altogether in light of the bombing and that North Korea didn't slow down just because we did for a few brief days (in a war scheme of things) . It almost seems like things are more unsettled whenever you don't hear much of anything versus "saber rattling". If his mouth isn't blabbing, it means he's actually working which is scarier than him spewing threats.

Also, is it bad that I'm honestly shocked that the government did not try to blame the bombing on North Korea to pose imminent threat so that we could go to war or turn them into a parking lot? The populace seemed to blindly follow whenever we needed oil in Iraq, I'm sure they could be fooled again by the same old cheap tricks.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
North Korea's posturing has failed. The rest of the world will never recognize them as a nuclear power. The big question is what will they do next? More threats are pointless, i think even they can see that. So, will anger and frustration force them into lashing out and trying to scare everyone into submission? That is the real danger here. Another incident like the artillery bombardment of yeonpyeong is all that it might take for things to spiral out of control.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myomistress
I knew they never went anywhere and was pondering to myself about the disconnect a couple of days ago. It kind of made me fearful that they stopped covering it altogether in light of the bombing and that North Korea didn't slow down just because we did for a few brief days (in a war scheme of things) . It almost seems like things are more unsettled whenever you don't hear much of anything versus "saber rattling". If his mouth isn't blabbing, it means he's actually working which is scarier than him spewing threats.

Also, is it bad that I'm honestly shocked that the government did not try to blame the bombing on North Korea to pose imminent threat so that we could go to war or turn them into a parking lot? The populace seemed to blindly follow whenever we needed oil in Iraq, I'm sure they could be fooled again by the same old cheap tricks.

You are quite right, Britain & America did this in 1912 & 1937 they turned a blind eye to Germany building up arms, it's odd that we fell for it twice and it led to a World War, and yes we are turning a blind eye to Iran & Korea now so while we sleep they prepare war, sadly millions will soon die from our sleeping mode idea, but USA & UK think Jaw Jaw is better that War War, plus remember it's only public that die in wars, and Cameron cannot wait to thin British born folk out, he would put the flag up full mast.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
north korea is dying..literally...they will not listen to china...nor the us..they are finished kaput..their war machine's age is their ticking time bomb...the question that remains is does this regime wants to collapse on its own? what do you think they will do?

there is a way out when u think about it..that NK agrees with giving up to their nuclear weapon..what will happen then ..food + aids coming in? economic growth again?

i dont know how much important the re-unification of the peninsula is to the regime..because he can easily be happy with the situation and feed his people....but this is not what they were looking after in the last 60 years

edit on 25-4-2013 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster
Funny thing . . . when Jong un is shooting off his pie hole for the world to hear, I feel somewhat safer because it's more of the same old sabre-rattling tactics he and his predecessors have used in the past.

It's when he's quiet that I get nervous because I wonder what they're up to . . . but then again, it's basketball playoff season so the runt's probably busy glued to the tube marvelling at those twice his height!

Not so much as he shut up, just that's it's not being covered.

They tell us what they want to hear, and what they want us t be focused on, unless your expand media sources to foreign press and also dig.

reply to post by Gazrok

It's very sad, and quite troubling. This is the sole means by which where many people in the US get their worldview, and it changes so often because of what the media choose to focus on report.

Sad and troubling, indeed.

We always need the next big scare, though, don't we? We're addicted to it.

edit on 25-4-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

what do you think they will do?

The short answer is... defend themselves. By any means necessary. They are doing the best they can given their small, rocky, ice covered backyard. Given the aggressive stance and the occupation of half of the Korean peninsula by the US military for 60 plus years...

wouldn't you?

How many resources would you devote to defending your homeland in similar circumstances? Its easy to pick at their militaristic posture when they were created by the even more militaristic posturing of the United States.

In his shoes I would yes, push all the stops back in order to develop the ultimate deterrent and be ready to use it too.

edit on 25-4-2013 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Thanks for the update, Gazrok. My geo instructor at school has really made this a pet project to keep up to date with and noted a couple days ago that she figures Kim was due to throw the mother of all tantrums before too long. Not that there would be good cause ...but that so much effort was expended to be in and stay in world headlines, just to be upstaged by a couple goobers in Boston. He must be enraged that he's been all but forgotten for awhile. I think his ego is larger and more fragile than most in world leadership positions.

Time will tell...but I tend to go with my instructor's opinion on this one. We haven't heard the last of this one by a long shot and silence isn't golden. It's just the sign of pressure back building for a big blow.

edit on 25-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

yes it is and that is why i no longer go to MSM to find out what is going on , PTB want it this way , you have to,look in the over seas news to find the head lines , Now that the Chess board is setting up the game is about to begin, yes this is a game of chess , the only dif is this game has live nukes involved, a nation well two are in jeopardy , when it becomes check mate, one will fall buy the site of a nuke cloud, and more 500,000 rain drops of steel lead an hour if we should fail to stop it , and it is time to say , it is in the tea leaves that this must be, the bones had been rolled skull and cross bone they do tell , the stars point to it and the long road of destiny has reach the dead end for the SK US Forces, er Hagel has now said that Syria has used Chemical weapons breaking news www.nbcnews.com... the DPRK and Un have been waiting for an act like this ,[ i thought it would be Iran first ]for we will now be going into Syria thus giving Un the chance to move on SK US forces

Here is the game plan, US SK Japan China and NATO now are against DPRK little Un that is North Korea for Un to take SK he needs a Mid east issue er war to be of a burden to the US NATO forces why so Un and friends in the Mid east can say they are [ What Un is doing and it is in his eyes, not saber rattling, but a true act of war] defending them selves from the big bad US UN bully.

Syria Iran Pakistan Egypt can once and for all become the AXIS of evil With Un being the driving force! How by nukes, or have you all the reader of this missed this little fact, you do not think Un did it by him self do ya?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I went to CNN and some other mainstream sources to see what is going on, and REALLY had to dig! Pretty sad.
reply to post by Gazrok

It's one thing I hate about the news media. It was like North Korea no longer existed as a country. Something big happens, and they drop everything and report on it for days on end. I sometimes feel like pulling my hair out when all they do is keep on repeating the same crap over and over again. Give it a break already! They get a little more information and then they rehash the entire story over and over again. They devote days on the subject!

If someone is so much removed from current events, let them catch the entire story on the internet. We don't need to listen to a repeating record over and over again. Sometimes it just amazes me how they can make a little bit of new information into a major story and continue to talk in circles.

They completely ignore other news that is just as important and pertinent. .

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
I thought NK said they would take nuclear action if SK threatened them again. Should we expect NK to nuke SK sometime very soon?

Looks like SK put a deadline of Friday on the talks happening before consequences from their side as well. Isn't it already Friday there?
edit on 4/25/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

No.
No again...

top topics

join