It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Unless the problems of radiation, power, water, building materials, repairing and replacing Mars suits, and the rest are solved, you’ve just sentenced yourself to a life in prison, and that prison is the closest thing to hell that any living person can experience over protracted periods. Without hope, Mars One is doomed today.
Skip over the problems with four people traveling in cramped quarters for the eight-month trip to Mars. They pale in comparison to living on the planet.
The habitat consists of modules that will arrive on Mars over a period of years and will be moved into place by a Mars rover. The first colonists will do the final assembly. Every two years, four more colonists will arrive until the total population consists of twenty immigrants. At that point, the colony intends to be self-sustaining, requiring no additional supplies from Earth. No kidding!
Originally posted by ispyed
This mission is wrong on so many levels.
1. Sex. What do people do about sex? What happens if you get raped?
2 What laws apply?
3. What happens if one member kills another?
4. There is apparently a "reality TV" aspect to the mission. What happens if the owners want someone to do something stupid to increase the ratings? They could promise somene benefits to their family on earth if they say assault someone.
5. What happens if someone goes mad and trys to kill the other members?
6. What happens if members decide to kill one of the other members because they" don't like them"?
7. What happens if one of the members trys to destroy the space ship while the others are asleep?
8. Perhaps the corporate company will be conducting experiments on yo without you knowing. its got to be so tempting having control over people like that.
I think this idea is very dodgy. I would only consider a flight like this if I could come back.
Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by BruceEFury
In 2022 there will be a launch to Mars. Volunteers are welcome but on the premise that they will never return home
Here's a question: why the hell would anyone want to go to Mars and stay there? From what I have seen, there would be no logical reason whatsoever why a human being would be interested in living on that planet. What is there on Mars that is even remotely appealing to a human being other than the excitement of visiting......VISITING.....another planet. No water, no trees, no animals....NOTHING.
I ask the same question everytime I hear people get all worked up about colonizing the moon. Who would want to live there? WHO? Are you kidding me?