It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA 'tracked Boston bomb suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

CIA 'tracked Boston bomb suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev'

www.bbc.co.uk

One of the Boston bomb suspects was added to a terrorism database 18 months ago at the request of the CIA, officials have told US media.

The FBI has already said it investigated Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, but had found no evidence of a threat.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Well this does seem very interesting, It would seem that CIA had been keeping a eye on this guy adding him to a terrorist watch list 18 months ago.

What is also interesting is that the FBI investigated this guy and found that he posed no threat.

I am not jumping on the band wagon of the conspiracy theories of what actually happened but I know some will find this interesting.

Personally I think that pretty soon we are going to discover this was the result of a intelligence failure.

www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Even if he was on a watch list that doesn't mean anyone is watching. There must be so many thousand people on those lists, and only so many agents. And the brothers were going about their normal lives even after the bombing, so they must have been doing the same before the bombing, and only talking about what they were going to do when they were alone. So there's not much anyone could have done, even if they had all things tapped and three cars outside their homes or trailing them. So in reality watch lists don't mean very much, especially with people more savvy about what not to do. (the only weird thing is why nobody in an agency or police force recognized the pictures sooner).

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Personally I think that pretty soon we are going to discover this was the result of a intelligence failure.

This made me chuckle a bit.

I get what you are suggesting, but it's already an intelligence failure.

If it was terrorism, then intelligence failed, because the bombs went off.
If it was known about and allowed to happen, for whatever reasons, then again that's a failure of human intelligence on any level.
If it was a 'false flag', just to manipulate the people, then again that shows failure of human intelligence. If you feel the need to manipulate people's minds then that clearly shows you have an intelligence failure.

If you happen to be a terrorist and you resort to bombing innocent people, then that demonstrates again a failure of intelligence, because a government will never change it's actions just because you put the fear up it's people.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

www.bbc.co.uk

Personally i think pretty soon we are going to discover that this was the result of a lack of intelligence....and i dont mean information...
edit on 25-4-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Many expected this inteligence fail because like 911 and the underwear bomber and WTC 95
the bombers were being tracked.
Once maybe,
but basically everytime?
Come on
this was expected because it fits the same MO, a pattern that repeats again and again

Oh, how long till we find out like the others, it was a DIRECTED FAIL?
edit on 25-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2013 by Danbones because: spelling spelling spelling

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Doesnt anyone remember that 9/11 was "result of intelligence failure" even though all the information was there, on a plate..and on paper.

People were firing warning shots about 9/11 years before and intelligence was ignored on purpose, investigations hampered or stopped without reason.

John O'Niell was ignored upto the point he said they were "blowing smoke up his ass", and making his investigation into Al Qaeda impossible, so he resigned, and they gave him a job as head of seurity for the WTC, which he started on 9/11.

His first and last day on the job.

Now, we know for certain that for at least 3 years these kids were on the computers of at least two countries because of their actions (or supposed actions).

We know the Russians, the FBI and now the CIA, all had them under observation for years, yet found nothing to worry about....and then BOOOOOOOOOOM.

How long will it be before a whistle blower comes forward like John O'Niell...

edit on 25-4-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I dont know what the latest thread on this boston bombing is as there are so many, so I will just post here what has just sprung up on skynews:

news.sky.com...

Apparently the Mother is still insisting that this was a set-up claiming: she does not believe her sons carried out the marathon attacks and they were framed by the US authorities.

"America took my kids away from me."
edit on 25-4-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

That is very funny
"intelligence failure"

new topics

top topics

join