It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist says Atacama humanoid is human but still a mystery

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Actual he said its more human than a chimp so they have to call it human but his words depicted very very clearly it was humanish. I watched the show and heard his lengthy description. And of course humanoid Ets would be more human than chimp, and the hybrids.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Actual he said its more human than a chimp so they have to call it human but his words depicted very very clearly it was humanish. I watched the show and heard his lengthy description. And of course humanoid Ets would be more human than chimp, and the hybrids.

Humanoid; /ˈ(h)yo͞oməˌnoid/
Adjective
Having an appearance or character resembling that of a human.

So if we are going by appearance, yes Humanoid Aliens would be more human like than a chimp, how ever if we are going by DNA, a humanoid Alien could have far different DNA than ours and still look very similar, just like chimps look absolutely nothing like us, but are remarkably close when it comes to DNA.

A hybrid, would be the middle ground. Half Human, half Alien. So it would be further from us than a chimp, because of the alien DNA.
edit on 26-4-2013 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
The professor from Stanford (in the sirius film)said a few interesting things about the being.
He said the mother was a native Chilean,that the body was 6-8 years old when it died,and it died within the last 100 years.
He then went on to say that there was more he wished to add,but wouldn't in case it wreaked his reputation.
He also said that the gene sequences which would cause the anomalus size of the head/body were "normal"-in other words,the mutations they expected to be responsible for this were NOT THERE...

I got the impression that he may have been leaning towards an alien hybrid-father alien,mother Chilean.

You might have that impression, but the scientist you're talking about says otherwise:

Nolan’s last statement in the documentary was that he wanted to say more, but couldn’t. I asked him about this statement, and he clarified, “I simply wanted to avoid speculation. It was not that I had some secret data I wanted to share but could not.”

Source

Harte

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ross 54
A human/extraterrestrial hybrid seems very unlikely. The scientist said that the little creature is human; more like us than a chimpanzee. Chimps have 96 to 99 % genetic similarity to humans, so the Chilean body apparently has around 98 to 99+ % similarity to a typical human. Given its abnormalities, this is probably due to genetic mutations, rather than hybridization. A real hybrid would probably show much less genetic similarity to a normal human.
I suspect that this is an aborted abnormal fetus, and that the factors that seem to suggest it lived for six to eight years were caused by its genetic mutations and/or the unusual conditions that caused it to become mummified.

If its true that a group of extraterrestrial species are the ones who created/engineered mankind as we know it, then it stands to reason that they could look similar to us, but be even more similar on a genetic level, and pass as "human" or "mostly human", genetics-wise. If we share genetics, through this integration that happened long ago.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
So there was some cute little humanoids running around Chili a while back. I wouldn't say they were harmless though. If they could hop they could hit that pointy head right where it hurts the most.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I jsut wonder how it died. Apparently it had its skull bashed in by something. Did someone get scared and throw rocks and beaned it a good one? Did it get stepped on while sleeping? Take a fall?

Need to call Dr. Bones and get her on it ASAP!

/chuckle... (I know.. I know.. I have a singular humor)

Seriously though. It is a bit of a mystery. Sometthing that has DNA that matches humans but has a large "garbage bin" that cannot be sorted yet.

I wonder if that science guy on Sirius is gonna follow up with any interesting research on this. Whatever it is, it needs to be guarded lest it fall into the great black hole that other "fringe" research tends to get sucked in to.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by prelar
this is a fake if u ask me... reminds me of the half ape/ half mermaid... or the little fairy that was found. i tried to watch sirius, but it was not worth my time... too much anecdotes and boring hear-say talk..

My first thought was that it was hand carved out of a human leg bone. Who knows?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Well one of the scientists thought it was real and pointed out that even the leg bones had very tiny entry ways for blood vessels to feed the bone marrow. He said it would be pretty impossible to fake such fine details like that.

But like you say... who knows?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terminal1
I jsut wonder how it died. Apparently it had its skull bashed in by something. Did someone get scared and throw rocks and beaned it a good one? Did it get stepped on while sleeping? Take a fall?

If this is in reference to the chunk missing from the skull-- The skull was initially intact. That small piece was removed by Greer's team researching this....

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by prelar
this is a fake if u ask me... reminds me of the half ape/ half mermaid... or the little fairy that was found. i tried to watch sirius, but it was not worth my time... too much anecdotes and boring hear-say talk..

My first thought was that it was hand carved out of a human leg bone. Who knows?

Yeah, some people just like to be default skeptics even when there is evidence present that they're wrong. Makes 'em feel smart. And that's more directed at the other, ignorantly dismissive guy, rather than you....

Regarding your comment-- One of the scientists examining this says that there is marrow inside this things bones, and small holes where veins / arteries would feed in. Scans also picked up on internal structure / organs. So it wouldn't seem that it's carved from bone, and if it's a fake it is a very highly skilled one.
edit on 29-4-2013 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I have reason to believe that if one takes a normal, dead human fetus and squeezes it flat, it might turn out like that, especially the skull. It would also explain the hole in the back because it popped when the dead fetus was squeezed. This squeezing could have happened over time, eg someone buried (or hid) the fetus, a heavy rock on it as grave stone or similar...wait some time...voila..out comes your "Alien"!

Because, THIS considered it would indeed look like a fetus, the skull would be the only difference.

Theory 2: Intentional hoax where someone "created" the alien by doing this to a fetus so it becomes "alien like" by squeezing the skull.

The rest of the scientific statements I take with a grain of salt (eg. lived 6-7 years etc.) because this all comes from Greer which automatically implies a scam or hoax. Greer has ZERO credibility, I would even doubt him even he would make a statement that the sun rises tomorrow.
edit on 29-4-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

Yeah, some people just like to be default skeptics even when there is evidence present that they're wrong. Makes 'em feel smart. And that's more directed at the other, ignorantly dismissive guy, rather than you.... Regarding your comment-- One of the scientists examining this says that there is marrow inside this things bones, and small holes where veins / arteries would feed in. Scans also picked up on internal structure / organs. So it wouldn't seem that it's carved from bone, and if it's a fake it is a very highly skilled one.

Hey, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. And, that would be great! I've become so jaded from everything being a hoax every time.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
# # #

A seven year old foetus??

rense.com...
edit on 29-4-2013 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
**this space intentionally left blank**

I asked a dumb question when my google-fu failed me. I got it figured out now.
Move along.
edit on 1-5-2013 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Even hitting regular news channels

discovery link

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I think it looks like a fetus, but they say it has aged 6 to 8 years. So, unless they were practicing bad science to determine he lived to be 6-8 years, I guess it isn't a fetus... even though it sure looks like one.

My next thought was maybe it is a parasitic twin? That allowed him to age 6 or 7 years before dying. I have no idea. It's an interesting mystery.

I think this would be much bigger news if Greer wasn't the man behind it... his reputation precedes him.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

##

Check out the link in my post three posts previous above

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia
A seven year old foetus??

rense.com...

I think you might have hit on the explanation here.

Good work.

Harte

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

I agree. This is not case closed. The DNA is not an exact match at all!

The case is not closed... it has just begun.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
They estimated it's age by looking at epiphyseal plates. Which are growth plates. They are like Cartilage that slowly turns to bone as you grow. You stop growing when they become Mineralized.
So here is my guess. It's a human fetus with a form of Progeria, the rapid aging disease.
In this extreme version of the disease. The bones hardened much sooner, giving the appearance of an older person. So it wasn't really 8 years old.
Did they use any other methods to estimate the age?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join