It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DarknStormy cannot be this stupid? Really? Yes he can

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
America, I have seen some stupid things in my short time on this floating rock but I don't think I have seen anything as stupid, dumb as what miss Sarah Palin said on Fox News.

“We don’t know everything about these suspects yet,” Palin told Fox and Friends this morning, referring to Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who allegedly carried out the Boston Marathon attacks. “But we know they were Muslims from the Czech Republic.

What? This lady cannot be serious... Well apparently she was and the stupidity only becomes more ridiculous.

“I betcha I speak for a lot of Americans when I say I want to go over there right now and start teaching those folks a lesson. And let’s not stop at the Czech Republic, let’s go after all Arab countries.

“The Arabians need to learn that they can’t keep comin’ over here and blowing stuff up. Let’s set off a couple of nukes in Islamabad, burn down Prague, then bomb the heck out of Tehran. We need to show them that we mean business.”

Prague, Miss Palin, Prague is in Europe

But just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, she continues on to say that the Czech Republic is a part of Russia and the Chechan bombers were Czech. Obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed...

“Steve, that’s probably one of the most ignorant things I’ve ever heard. How is Czech Republic not a Muslim country? You saw those brothers, they were Islamic and they were Chechen!”

“Yes there were Muslim and they were ethnic Chechens,” Doocy started, “but they grew up mostly in Kyrgyzstan and the United States. And more importantly, Chechens don’t come from the Czech Republic, they come from Chechnya, which is part of Russia. “

“What’s the difference?” Palin responded. “Isn’t Russia part of the Czech Republic?”

“No, the Czech Republic is a separate country. It’s part of the European Union and a strong NATO ally,” Doocy noted. “But heck, why not? Let’s invade. What could go wrong?”

“Yeah and while we’re at it,” Carlson added, ”let’s call the Queen of England and see if the U.K. will join us.”

I know my source could be considered unreliable to most but I'm sure this interview could be verified on Youtube or something.. I just hope that most of you Americans don't think like her (Like she proclaims).

Longest facepalm in history at Sarah Palin.... What an idiot.

Sarah Palin wants the Czech Republic to pay for Boston Bombings

If this is a hoax, sorry in advance.

edit on 25-4-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I liked Palin before I knew her.

Now that I know her she reminds me of Marie Osmond, an airhead that is just embarrassing herself everytime she speaks on TV.
edit on 25-4-2013 by malchir because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Some one flagged this Hoax?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
elitedaily.com... evidently its a fake from a site kind of like the onion but spread to other news sites , if it had been any one else but palin id have said no way immediately but as it was her i had to look into it as with her i can see Russia from my house comment she made you cant be to careful.either way thanks for the laugh op needed a giggle today and this definitely did it for me

From everything we’ve researched, it appears that these quotes are actually false. The Daily Current is a satire website that posts purely fictional articles that poke fun at real life people and events. What’s so great about this article though, is how believable it is! Upon first glance, with Palin’s history, you can’t help but believe it’s true. Fortunately for Palin and more importantly the Czech Republic, these quotes are completely false.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Apparently this is a hoax.

The original source The Daily Currant is a satire site, similar to the Onion.

That's not to say that Palin is not an idiot, she can see Russia from her back yard after all. But this particular bit of idiocy is made up.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

The title should read: DarknStormy cannot be this stupid? Really? What a waste of a thread. Hate much?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Okay, this is embarrassing ... Really. Sometimes I want to just point out my Mother came from Canada as a little girl and so, I'm as much Canadian to some people's thinking as I am American, right? Think I can get away with using that line to distance myself a little from these... ahem... Fellow countrymen?

(and I do NOT mean you OP... it didn't take long to see many got suckered by what appears to be satire taken seriously ...like some media have actually run Onion articles a couple times ..TheOnion, not the other kind)

This though? (facepalm) THIS isn't satire at all. THIS is education in America today and it's just enough to cry over.

“War,” Ambrose Bierce said, “is God’s way of teaching Americans geography.” But despite all the lessons learned during the long-running “war on terror,” Americans could probably use a little more instruction.

Yeah..I'll agree and here is the kernel of truth to the satire piece...

Expletive-filled postings on Twitter and Facebook were common, along with milder comments such as “So the Boston bombers were 19-year-old Russians of Czech descent … Why lord?” and “The guys that bombed Boston were Czech. What is it 1980?”

Ummm...

Petr Gandalovic, the Czech Republic’s ambassador to the U.S., was naturally keen to clear up the confusion. “As more information on the origin of the alleged perpetrators is coming to light, I am concerned to note in the social media a most unfortunate misunderstanding in this respect,” he said in a statement. “The Czech Republic and Chechnya are two very different entities — the Czech Republic is a Central European country; Chechnya is a part of the Russian Federation.”
(Source: Time Magazine - Online Feeds)

This is what should come to mind when people say there is no harm in wearing ignorance like a badge of honor.... I mean, the world really *IS* watching sometimes and I think they lost all humor for this sort of thing.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Good satire, but that's all it is.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Don't feel bad.

Even I fell for it.

It's was pretty good.

Just glad I'm not the only airhead on the block.

edit on 25-4-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yeah it was an obvious hoax, there's no way she could look that clever on her own.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

The Daily Currant is an English language online satirical newspaper that covers global politics, business, technology, entertainment, science, health and media. It is accessible from over 190 countries worldwide - now including South Sudan.

Our mission is to ridicule the timid ignorance which obstructs our progress, and promote intelligence - which presses forward.

Q. Are your news stories real?

A. No. Our stories are purely fictional. However they are meant to address real-world issues through satire and often refer and link to real events happening in the world

Source

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Some one flagged this Hoax?

Cheers

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Facepalm for myself for being suckered in..... I still found it amusing though

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I shouldn't have been so hard on ya.....

I read it though and was like WT_? No way.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesaneone

The title should read: DarknStormy cannot be this stupid? Really? What a waste of a thread. Hate much?

settle down cecil... I'm sure there will come a time where you expose yourself and I'll be waiting
I changed the heading just for you also....

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

I shouldn't have been so hard on ya.....

I read it though and was like WT_? No way.

I was sort of the same but I should of read the comments in the report instead of pushing buttons and making threads

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I'll be honest with you, as a Palin defender for a long time I read your OP and thought, "Oh crap."

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah, that's the scary thing huh? I don't feel so bad admitting it now, but me too. I opened the other tabs out to check around other sources because I honestly didn't know from the quotes in the original OP if she might actually have made this kind of mistake.

I can think back to Gore, Bush, we don't even need or want to touch Biden right? lol...and plenty others who have said the most incredibly stupid things and been dead serious in believing it. (Who can forget the Georgia Congressman very concerned about Guam capsizing?) This wouldn't have been entirely out of the realm of possibility...and that is so bad to say, too.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I'll be honest with you, as a Palin defender for a long time I read your OP and thought, "Oh crap."

I am not familiar with those spoof news websites but I will certainly be keeping a close eye on them now.. The thing though is it could of been anyone, not just Sarah Palin lol.. If it came up with Julia Gillard saying it, I'd believe it

top topics

join