It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pain for thee but not for me! Obamacare exemptions for Lawmakers??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

As citizens, it is in our power to fix it by pounding the phone dial to our representatives, and demanding their active participation in exercising the will of the people

If we sit back and depend upon their measured response to fail in the nick of time, then they will win and this is the reason that everyone should be encouraged to take their power back

Giving the power to them has this as a result, and they are unable to promote their constituents requests, so it is time to take our power back by calling every representative and advising them of our position or concerns

If Americans depend upon them to right the wrong, the result is already decided

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by augustday

I do agree 100% with you there. It IS all a numbers game just as we all saw when Amnesty for illegals was pushed hard by John McCain and crew the first time under Bush's latter term. 84% against as I recall the numbers off the top of my head and the Capital Switchboard actually shut down for physical overload. Of course, they never EVER stop .... Losing just means they'll ram something down our throats 3x's as hard the next time ..as if the people were just kidding when saying NO the first time, right? (Then again, McCain was just re-elected....so what DID that tell him personally?
)

I would suggest something else with your phone call idea though ...if a matter allows time for it, which so much is rigged NOT to allow these days. However, politicians rank contact with a weighted score system for value in recording it for their statistics and ultimately, how much they figure they ought to care. I believe Email is ranked the lowest for importance ... Phone calls are ranked next with physical snail mail being the top.

Each higher level is calculated to represent a larger # of people behind your single effort for the effort it required you to make. I.E....If it only warrants an Email, then not that many more likely care so screw 'em if they don't like it. Where snail mail takes time, effort and money, if only a stamp. It's still more than the vast majority ever actually DO ..so they record that as meaning the maximum number of others per your one attempt likely ALSO care a whole lot.

One of my instructors (Poli-Sci/Gov) explained that in some detail from personal experience earlier in life. It's a very interesting thing to learn about for how the system really works... Of course, you may know all about it already, in which case, this would just be out here for those who don't.

edit on 29-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Who couldn't have seen this coming? Like who didn't realize immediately that the TSA would devolve into a bunch of sociopathic thugs? Or that the income tax wouldn't stay in the single digits for long?

Of course, the average sheep still believes it's a fair government. "The best on earth", even skeptics say. In reality, it's a tyrannical top-down system where you don't stand a chance.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Seems like Politico got it wrong.

www.washingtonpost.com...

There isn't a discussion about exempting Congress from "Obamacare". There was an amendment added to the ACA (from a Republican) that made it required that members of Congress and their staffers to get their insurance from the exchanges. No one else is REQUIRED to purchase through the exchanges, only members of Congress and their staffer due to this amendment. The amendment was supposed to be a joke, but Democrats actually liked it and it backfired on the Republicans.

The only issue now is the question if the Federal government can still continue it's contribution to employees health insurance if it is bought through the exchanges. That is all that is being discussed...not an "exemption".

And even if they did pass a bill to remove this amendment...it isn't an "exemption" because this requirement to purchase through exchanges doesn't apply to anyone else besides members of Congress.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by buckrogerstime

I see you beat me to the Washington Post article which explains what is actually happening.

And I also see that your post was ignored and avoided like the plague...what a surprise.

People don't seem to want to discuss facts...just their paranoid delusions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join