It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You See What I See? ANONYMOUS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Even when you see, all you can do is do what you can do and hope it makes a difference. No thing is too small.

(Still wish Anonymous would destroy something that really would make a difference, like the credit bureaus, for instance, or something else that is at the root of a lot of our enslavement worldwide.)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfootgurl
I'm afraid we may have to crash and burn before things can be turned around. Necessity and survival might be the catalyst that finally begins to rouse the sleeping masses. As of now, life is just too comfy for too many.

The problem with crashing and burning is that it doesn't usually work to correct the issues that led to the crash and burn but actually makes them worse in the chaos that ensues. See the Fall of the Roman Empire and the events that ensued thereafter. Pretty sure we call those years the "Dark Ages" where property owners had absolute and total control/authority over the masses. We let it go that route and we won't see anything good for a few hundred years. I really don't want that world for my kids, future grandkids, and every descendent thereafter.

If we chose to view the problems as being something so cataclysmically insurmountable, then we're not going to get anywhere but doom. You're not going to "wake up" any "sleeping masses" because it's too devastating to bear when people are told, time and time again in a variety of ways that they are powerless and small. They're made to feel small and powerless because they're the "little guy". Well, the little guy is actually pretty freaking huge. There's a line from the movie "A Bug's Life" that comes to mind

Pretty scary attitude that Hopper has and, of course the movie has the big showdown seen where ants probably got harmed. The thing is that we're not living in a world where we're a bunch of ants being dominated by grasshoppers that are going to bully the crap out of us with physical violence should we decide to be upstarts. Well, they might depending one what we choose to do. What we can do, however, is break down the problems and tackle them in ways that can and will still have that avalanche effect.

A lack of empathy and compassion has been cited by many on this thread. Well, how can that be tackled? What are the sources of that lack of empathy? How can those sources be undermined? From my perspective, one of the things I see feeding into this is that decrease in interaction with others and increased usage of technology to form a wall between people. One of the things that I did was to make a remark whenever somebody that I was spending time with happened to whip out their phone to start texting. Never harsh and always a gentle reminder that I had chosen to spend time with them and not spend time with them to watch them texting away on their phone. Then, when they'd apologize and stop, I'd point out a table where a group of friends or family would be sitting down for dinner and remark about how sad I found it. What ended up happening is that even the worst offender that did this kind of behavior (my best friend, no less lol) was just ranting to me about how rude and isolated people had become and how she'd end up scolding her (other) friends whenever they started texting while she was there to hang out with them. She doesn't even remember that I scolded her for the same thing just a couple years ago. Interestingly enough, that little change made big changes in her. She's infinitely more compassionate and observant than she was a few years ago when every time we went out, she was glued to her phone. She doesn't remember that that was her once and she doesn't remember that I was the one who first made that observation. Better yet, she's doing the same thing with her friends.

That, my friends, is the ripple effect. Ripples, when combined, can create a tsunami. All it takes are little ideas and little well chosen changes.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent008

Do you see the real world around you or are you still living in the illusion the corrupt zionist governemts and lame stream media show you. Are you awake and understanding your sad pathetic life is no more than that created for you by the ruling elite.

*I didn't know what forum this video should be in so I picked this one*

Do you see what I see?
I see 7 billion people on earth.
I see 30,000 children dying from starvation everyday.
I see half naked super models exploiting themselves and selling their souls.
I see 1 million pounds of food thrown away everyday.

The video goes on and it gets more intense.

My question is how in the holy hell has it gotten so bad? Do none of you care that this is happening. I can't save the world by my self I need all of you.
It has become a real life "haves and the have nots" if you do not have the money you have nothing then. Please watch the video it brought a tear to my eye, I feel the pain of millions suffering and dying while I sit in my 2 bedroom (messy) apartment with only milk and mac'n'cheese to eat I feel I do not deserve my mac'n'cheese knowing so many humans mostly children are one bread crumb away from falling over dead.

If this doesn't make you want to help and stop living in your own little bubble of "my life is awesome, let's buy a new *insert toy here*" then all is lost, you might as well nuzzle up to your warm TV and pray to the bosses they don't cancel your favorite show.

The Bombings IMO are a wake up call, America your shields are failing Red Alert! All hands on deck!
Take what you will in what I think is a beautiful yet scary Anonymous video.

"You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality"--Ayn Rand.

Sorry for the quote.

It has always been bad. I would say it's better tho this day in age. Back in the 80's the number of starving just in the US were higher then today.

The US puts out more foreign aid then any other. Without the US supply, the statistics the OP showed would probally double.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Even when you see, all you can do is do what you can do and hope it makes a difference. No thing is too small.

(Still wish Anonymous would destroy something that really would make a difference, like the credit bureaus, for instance, or something else that is at the root of a lot of our enslavement worldwide.)

Naa. I was thinking instead of them crashing PUBLIC DOMAINS. Yes, the .gov sites are PUBLIC DOMAINS> Anon could be phone hacking or hacking the e-mails of politicians in order to EXPOSE CORRUPTION.

But no. They want to stick to making short clips to remind us how #ed up the world is, instead of them doing and standing up for the message that they give.
edit on 25-4-2013 by TruthSeekersRUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeekersRUS

Yep. Like each and every one of us, Anonymous could do more too. It might be in their collective or singular power to make the bigger difference, but....

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Yep. Like each and every one of us, Anonymous could do more too. It might be in their collective or singular power to make the bigger difference, but....

Good. I am glad my comment was so thought provoking it made you stop mid sentence.

edit on 25-4-2013 by TruthSeekersRUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
So you say we need a revolution?

We'd all love to see the plan.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I honestly believe that in order for the world to have peace and be in balance and harmony, the Psychedelic experience needs to be just as common as having sex.

You can't bash me unless you have actually had one, then you might know what im talking about

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Do you see what I see?

I see once again someone blaming the Jews for everything....

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Another great video from Anonymous. I wonder if they're members here ;-p

No they're all on 4chan....

I find it highly interesting looking at the childish stuff they used to get up to before and the stuff they started dong after they saw V for Vendetta...

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxSteiner

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Another great video from Anonymous. I wonder if they're members here ;-p

No they're all on 4chan....

I find it highly interesting looking at the childish stuff they used to get up to before and the stuff they started dong after they saw V for Vendetta...

Everyone in hollywood does this. They wear mask's all the time.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
If we want this, it will take SACRIFICE! We have to boycott the banks and stop buying food and products from companies that don't give a hoot about nature or human rights. It will take integrity and sound judgment. Also, solidarity, unity and harmony. No more gadgets and TV for a good while. Keeping your money at home or somewhere else then at the bank. This is risky because some humans are pigs. We need to shift where our money goes. We need to control which company gets our dollar.

We need to give our dollars, our time to the companies that are REAL and honest.

Is anybody willing to sacrifice some blood, sweat, tears and time for the future generations? IIf we don't start now then it will only get tougher for the next generation to make the switch.

Be independent, be wise and stand strong.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Whenever I see something like this, certain questions pop into my mind.

Is life worth living when you are one meal from death?

If everyone in the first world stopped enjoying the luxuries, what standard would they have to compare themselves to?
To elaborate: if we are all living trying to live in poverty, where will we find the resources or will to help?
If we are all hungry too, we have no reason to want to reach out.

Are we being conditioned to feel guilt, when we as average citizens, only have as much power as money to help?
Those with the most money could already feed those who are hungry.. so someone wants them hungry.
Have you noticed that the kids in the World Vision commercials don't look quite as wasted and destitute as they used to?
Is this because WV is actually making a difference and conditions improving, because things are getting better in a lot of places and that those in the poorest countries are actually just as greedy as we are, due to human condition. Is it just a ploy to keep WV in business?

If the positions were reversed, would they help us?
Should they? Survival of the fittest in a world short on resources?

I absolutely agree that we need to waste 99% less than we do already, that the deaths of starving people in this day and age is a tragedy.
The majority of waste is industry, and we will all pay for it with bigger utility bills and grocery bills, which should be our first target of waste reduction.

As individuals, we want to help each other, but only if our own needs are met first.
That is the selfish way we are.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Yeah but the stuff they used to get up was REALLY childish (and quite racist) take a look at the encyclopedia dramatica if you can handle it, quite eye opening.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Don't worry about sounding far out, we need more people to voice their far out side. As the line goes in the movie Network "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!" We got to get mad fist. The media keep us mad at trivial or non issues just watch the local 6:00 news, it is petty crimes and what the government is doing today to "fix" the economy, maybe a cute cat video in the end to tie everything together.

I really like what you said here.
I've wondered a couple times if the major protest movements these days aren't just co-opted, but run for entirely different motives than openly stated right from day #1? If they give the angry people a totally safe outlet to go join and harmlessly spin wheels in, with no change ever possible ...because they own the outlet themselves?

This is a very good point, how does it on the surface seems like a massive movement then turn into a sputter within a year and all of a sudden no body is interested. Definitely smells fishy to me.
So we are back to the same question, what do we do.....

This is "what we do"....

Whatever your faith background, the only thing to do is give your heart to Jesus, trust only Him. Human
respect is worthless, we see it daily yes, just how worthless it is.

For everyone, my dear PROTESTANT brothers and sisters, one of your messengers received the most consoling
and short message from Jesus. An excerpt...

message to Glynda

April 23, 2013

.....Nothing can touch your lives but what I allow. I desire you would look to Me for all the answers to your questions. I desire you would depend on Me for your supply, that you would all know and believe I am your provider.
Why do you fear the future, My little ones? You live now in the future you feared years ago. Are you not well and taken care of? Why have you not learned to trust Me?

Yes, the world around you is beginning to descend into chaos, but this I warned you of aforetime.

Fear not, My little ones, for I am the Mighty Jehovah, and I am able to hide My children even in the very midst of chaos!

www.wingsoprophecy.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
greetings Agent008

I'm glad Anonymous is here

Don't feel bad About eating Mac 'n Cheese Me I can't eat the stuff (I puke it up for some strange reason)

We can't do anything about this but once we destroy the governments we will have free reign and we can sends that food where it's needed!

Our ET brothers and sisters can't intervene Either although I bet they want to!

Try dumpster Diving!
edit on 25/4/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent008

I think that the best thing that anyone can do, to understand what is happening around them, is to look at numerous sources for your information. Be especially wary, if any single source is telling you NOT to look anywhere else. I watch Democratic channels, Republican channels, and come onto sites, like this one, to get a wide demography of input.

Use your own mind to figure out what is logical. You might be surprised, if you are given the chance to sift through the news on your own, and are actually allowed to think for yourself-- you just might figure out the truth.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I hope it's o.k. to just jump in here. I just want to say everyone should see this. My heart sunk while watching it but my eyes opened wider once again. These are things most know but go about their daily lives ignoring. I see the food in my fridge and while it is slim it is more than some will have in a year. I feel the guilt coming forward from the back of my mind and want to help. I think that how much someone can help depends on ones station in life sometimes.

For instance. I have little by American standards but within my little world there is always something I can give. More I can do by not ignoring the pain around me. By not falling into the self trap. For people like me I believe it starts at home. I can't send a big check to a poor country but I can provide food or clothing to a neighbor. I can't sway a big corporations decisions but I can decide not to support them. And while I am one of the little guys I can give and help more than I do.

We have become a selfish society never even bothering to open our eyes. Whether that is out of fear, lack or disgust this world has become selfish all the same. And I truly believe we will pay a huge price for this selfishness. If only this world based the quality of people on their hearts rather than their bank books. But the all mighty dollar has become a God for most. Thank you for sharing this video. I too will share it in hopes of opening more eyes wider.
edit on 25-4-2013 by Cealla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Then tell Jesus to get his butt down here. He can bring his whip with him and start with the money lenders.

After that I will have some more jobs for him. What? Its not time yet? We need to suffer some more.

There is a name for people that like to see others suffer.

P

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cealla
I hope it's o.k. to just jump in here. I just want to say everyone should see this. My heart sunk while watching it but my eye opened wider. These are things most know but go about their daily lives ignoring. I see the food in my fridge and while it is slim it is more than some will have in a year. I feel the guilt coming forward from the back of my mind and want to help. I think that how much someone can help depends on ones station in life sometimes.

For instance. I have little by American standards but within my little world there is always something I can give. More I can do by not ignoring the pain around me. By not falling into the self trap. For people like me I believe it starts at home. I can't send a big check to a poor country but I can provide food or clothing to a neighbor. I can't sway a big corporations decisions but I can decide not to support them. And while I am one of the little guys I can give and help more than I do.

We have become a selfish society never even bothering to open our eyes. Whether that is out of fear, lack or disgust this world has become selfish all the same. And I truly believe we will pay a huge price for this selfishness. If only this world based the quality of people on their hearts rather than their bank books. But the all mighty dollar has become a God for most. Thank you for sharing this video. I too will share it in hopes of opening more eyes wider.

God IS the only hope. A star to you for voicing it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join