It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction and request on behalf of family of murdered ATS member

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+154 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
admin edit:
The following video report has been made by KPRC TV's (in Houston, Texas) investigative reporter team:
www.click2houston.com...

****************************************************************************************************************************mod edit:
BACKGROUND post here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've been a long time lurker on ATS but never got around to making an introduction even though I visit this site a few times a week.

I am here today to let you know about the murder of an ATS member: infiniteobserver. His real name was Coty Beavers and on November 12, 2012 he was found shot numerous times in his apartment. Reviewing his posts, you will find he was very worried and suspicious of his radical Islamic father-in-law.

In January of 2012, his twin brother's girlfriend (Gelareh Bagherzadeh) was killed in her driveway after leaving their home. Nothing from the scene of either Coty or Gelareh was taken, they did not owe people money, and neither were involved in drugs. There is a $200,000 reward (the largest ever offered by Crime Stoppers) for information leading to an arrest for Gelareh's murderer, and a $5000 reward for information in Coty's case.

Despite this, there have been no active leads in either case. However, the two victims did share Coty's father-in-law as a common enemy. The father did not approve of Coty's marriage to his daughter. After his daughter left home to live with the Beavers' family, he began stalking the couple in their neighborhood, driving up and down the the street and offering neighbors money for information on Coty and and his wife.

After numerous reports to the police of vandalism (slashed tires, stolen cars, sugar in gas tanks) and credit card fraud exceeding $50,000 in Coty's wife's name, a protective order was granted, but this did little to slow the continued harassment. During this time, Gelareh had converted from Islam to Christianity and she claimed she'd received several threatening phone calls from Coty's father-in-law.

Speaking to other converts, Gelareh may have been murdered in an attempt to scare Coty's wife into coming home so that her father could reclaim his honor by killing her and that some people would be honored to carry out this out because she had converted. These types of murders are referred to in the Islamic community as "Honor Killings" and all one need to do is search the web to find out how frequently they occur.

The connection may seem merely coincidental at first except this isn't the first time this man has been implicated in murder related to one of his daughters. In 1999, his oldest daughter married a man he did not approve of. The couple ran away and went into hiding. It is claimed that he had one of his daughter's tell the police she had been molested by the son-in-law and the police arrested the husband.

While the husband was in jail, it's claimed the father-in-law was able to locate his daughter and, against her will, had her drugged and sent back to Jordan. After being questioned and released, the husband went to his wife's family's home in search of his wife. It is claimed the father instructed the rest of the children to go to the bedroom in the back of the house. His daughters husband was then shot in the face at close range with a shotgun.

According to the father's testimony, the man had fired a pistol into the roof of the home. While there were no witnesses to this, the case was ultimately ruled as "self defense" but it is still unclear just who shot first.

With the murders of both Gelareh and Coty, it now seems more than mere coincidence.

There have been suggestions of Iran's involvement in Gelareh's murder, however there is little evidence to support this theory and it is unclear why the Iranian government would target Gelareh specifically and risk the political backlash of murdering her on American soil. What purpose would this serve?

Also, some have suggested that Coty was mistaken for his twin brother and killed by mistake. However, evidence in Coty's case indicates that on the Friday prior to Coty's murder a man was seen walking around the couple's apartment complex, asking residents for Coty Beavers by name and asking them to point out which apartment Coty lived in. It seems a strange coincidence this day also just happened to be Coty's wife's birthday.

The reason I bring this to the ATS community is to help bring discussion and attention to both of these cases. Tomorrow night, channel 2 KPRC Houston will be running an investigative report on the case. It appears that they will be pointing in the direction of his father-in-law.

Please ask any questions you might have and I'll try to get them answered.

Thank you

Person in apartment looking for Coty: www.khou.com...

edit on 4/25/2013 by Majic because: Video added at member request.

edit on 4-25-2013 by Springer because: Removed private citizen's names

edit on 4-26-2013 by Springer because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Apr 27 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: added link to background post

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by biowonder

What is the members ATS name? I tried using the search on the name you gave and I could not find any posts from the member?

Also I am pretty sure this post is in conflict with the ATS T&C. I hope they can help you figure out a way to keep it up so everyone can help.

+35 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I remember the name and some threads. Did not know this had happened and am shocked as I know many members will also be.

ATS should keep this thread up if only in support, respect and remembrance of one of our own.

RIP infiniteobserver

Peace

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Here is the the profile of infiniteobserver

If you search the users real name in Google you'll find more info relating to the murder.

Also, welcome to ATS biowonder. I'm sure most here will help you with whatever we can.
edit on 25-4-2013 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I remember the name and some threads. Did not know this had happened and am shocked as I know many members will also be.

ATS should keep this thread up if only in support, respect and remembrance of one of our own.
RIP infiniteobserver

Peace

I tried look this member up and could not find anything......darn search engine. This is a terrible thing and we should all help anyway we can.

All I had to do was wait a second.........
Thank you.
edit on 25-4-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

Originally posted by jude11

RIP infiniteobserver

Peace

I tried look this member up and could not find anything......darn search engine. This is a terrible thing and we should all help anyway we can.

All I had to do was wait a second.........
Thank you.

Here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
After reading some posts from this member it jogged my brain and I remember them.

I really liked this poster. I sure hope they catch the person who did this. Also a big thank you for the other members who posted links.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
His family is in my thoughts and prayers. Such a shame. Thank you soo much for making us aware. I remember his threads. I enjoyed reading them very much.

The individual responsible for his demise will meet his maker someday and true justice shall prevail over him.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
That's tragic and horrifying to say the least.

RIP and condolences to the victims.

The idea that some of his ideas are frozen in time now.. i'm not sure if i'm comforted or dismayed he will longer continue with the rest of us

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
It is saved for further research. Only because It may disappear from here..

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
How very tragic. His family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. Oh and welcome to ATS!

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Thread re-opened pending final decision by an administrator.

Please keep the Terms and Conditions in mind before responding.
edit on 25-4-2013 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
If some confirmation can come at a higher level, I hope it stays up. The guy should be remembered. It wasn't until another member asked me my thoughts on some old posting of hers that I got to reading 04-06 years of ATS a bit and realizing, memorial threads weren't always as rare as they are now.

Hmm... My deepest sympathy. What a situation.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
My deepest sympathies to your family.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Is this what you are talking about?

Ten months after an Iranian-born human rights activist was gunned down in her car, her boyfriend's twin brother was riddled with bullets in his home, the Houston Chronicle reported. The January shooting of Gelareh Bagherzadeh in Houston remains an unsolved homicide. Though she was an outspoken critic of the human rights abuses in Iran, her family and friends don't believe she was killed because of her political views, Fox News said. The mystery deepened on Monday when Coty Beavers was found killed, KPRC reported. His twin brother, Cory, was the last person to see Bagherzadeh alive. The Harris County Sheriff's office hasn't established a connection between the slayings, but is looking for leads, an official told KTRK.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=706562
edit on 25-4-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
What a horrible situation for Coty's family, especially his wife. I couldn't imagine being in her shoes and dealing with the death of her husband, her friend Gelerah, and her brother-in-law.

I wish the authorities all the luck in finding the guilty party/parties.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Its very disheartening to here this terrible news. I pray for the family's strength to deal with there losses. Its very sad to hear of a loss of an ATS member especially when gunned down in his prime. I hope the killer is caught and made to pay for his crimes.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

RIP infiniteobserver

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Something that is lost that is being asked.

The reason I bring this to the ATS community is to help bring discussion and attention to both of these cases. Tomorrow night, channel 2 KPRC Houston will be running an investigative report on the case. It appears that they will be pointing in the direction of Ali Irsan. Please ask any questions you might have and I'll try to get them answered. Thank you

I will try to research further into this tragic loss.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Thank you Biowonder for reminding us of this extremely sad situation.

Thank you for letting us know and welcome to ATS...

My sincerest and deepest thoughts go out to all those who are touched personally.

We are all susceptible one day or another...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 25-4-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join