It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists use brain imaging to reveal the movies in our mind.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Can you imagine what this technology will be like in the hands of the CIA when they question someone?

That's a little scarey

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

There will come a day when there IS no "privacy," no "secrecy," and no hidden information. And please, truly ask yourself: what true need HAVE we for those institutions? Without greed, violence, and alienation who needs to keep secrets??? (The tricky part is eradicating those terrible human traits.)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

Yeah I think it's heading that way but makes it difficult for people who didn't grow up in a world where nothing is private. For the people born into a world where nothing is private it will be more natural and they grow up knowing they can't hide secrets and live a more honest life.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Eonnn

Privacy and secrecy are not synonyms.

Privacy is your human right to control what others know about you, that is the right to determine when others' rights over you cease, because knowing is part of control. Secrecy on the other hand is the intentional suppression of information, secrets originate in the need to decease, to obtain leverage and to hide shame or avoid reprisals, in a perfect world there wouldn't be a need for secrets but we will never live in such a world the best we can aim for is to reduce the need for secrets and this is done by removing the need for competition or demanding enforcible rules for transparency in all matters that should be public and extend those cases to the maximum.

For instance one part of the solution of world's situation is to make it socially unacceptable to be ostentatiously rich or to spend resources in futilities. This should have been part of the Occupy movement to occupy public opinion in regards to how those that have are allowed to flaunted and waste amidst those that have not.
edit on 27-4-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

In the (soon to be) old paradigm, which utilizes money to define value: the real problem lies not in the amount of wealth accrued, or the level of "frivolous-ness" in thier spending.... Rather, it is those individuals' desire to keep the top of the pyramid to themselves, by promulgating the exclusive "pyramid" structure/model itself! THAT very structure must be dismantled, disassembled and replaced with the new one, which would necessarily be devoid of that desire, as the motivation (private currency) would be worthless.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

I do not think that money is the problem but agree with you proposition that human society (in general or in its primary subsection) is shaped as a pyramidal structure. It always has been and I really doubt that we can escape it in a way that would save individuality and preserve diversity...

Now about the issue of money. Money is only a measure of value, without getting deep in it we will always require and attribute value to stuff, there is no escape from it even in a system of overabundance of everything.

(The issue with abundance is that it simply generates more people, so overabundance is an utopia, in that regard my view is that we should address reproduction first.)

Over my reflection on the issues that plague humanity I have come to the conclusion that it all falls down to how we decided to define property rights, private ownership and the process of enforcing it. From land to intellectual property.

Thanks for the reply. No star because I do not agree with your conclusion and I try to only star replies that I agree with...
edit on 28-4-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join