It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barges explode near Australian shipyard in Alabama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
Its been 30 minutes since the last post and the thread has slid down the page.

I guess the Americans stopped reading when they got to "Australia" and didn`t get to Alabama in the thread title.

Such is life on ATS most of the time.

There is probably some truth in that

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by amraks

Originally posted by gps777
Its been 30 minutes since the last post and the thread has slid down the page.

I guess the Americans stopped reading when they got to "Australia" and didn`t get to Alabama in the thread title.

Such is life on ATS most of the time.

yeah I notice that with some people in America too.

Heaven forbid! We are most concerned with all the BS happening to the US (despite that this is a US location).

I read all to often on this site about people complaining that it is so US dominated. Like it is the US citizens fault that we have more folks online than other nations do. HELLOOO....this is a US based website.

More on topic: any news on the cause? Being in the middle of the Cline Shale, I don't like seeking anything threatening the perceived safety of natural gas.

edit on 25-4-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

Helooooo

This website was founded in the UK by a englishman and only later it was moved to a .com domain

Does it now still matter where a website is hosted ???

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
This is getting creepy...I seem to remember a certain Australian predicting something like this.. where ya at Sin? Is this number 3?
Hmmmmm......

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubic0n

Heloooo.....i don't care where it was founded. We are talking about today.

And it only matters if i am explaining to people why the site is dominated by an American slant, versus an Aussie slant. We have more users.

What are you arguing about? Cherry picked, out of context segments of what I said? Because I don't think any of what I have just said is not fact. But perhaps I am wrong. Perhaps Australia has more ATS users than any other nation on Earth.

Now, read what I said, then read what I replied to. If that doesn't clear it up, then just forget you read it altogether.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeekersRUS

aging infrastructures would be a typical reason. Poor maintenance would be another.

From subsequent postings in this thread, seems like it wasn't natural gas, but rather untreated gasoline (which is called "natural" gasoline). Or rather, vapors in an empty tanker.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Reason for confusion on the gas/gas thing is possibly because Australians (and most of the world) don't call petrol 'gas'
So if aus media just copied a statement and printed 'gas' it would have confused the situation.
edit on 26-4-2013 by cartesia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
What is with all these MAJOR explosions the past few weeks? (and Oil spills too) I know accidents or malfunctions happen but really, this is getting ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
Defence Contractors. All this as Australia celebrates ANZAC Day.The anniversary of Australia's largest and most famous millitary campaign , go figure ?

I agree. The cause of the explosion at West in TX has not been officially determined either.

too many random events...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join