It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All I need is a little feedback, help please.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Hi all ATS fans,

As a gift to you all, I've decided to offer my (mythical / fantasy / kraken ) EP free to download for you guys.
All I would like to hear is a little feedback on how you think it sounds, the emotions it conveys and what your connotation of it is.

About the EP:

So, I created this EP with a story in mind, there are quite a few metaphors in the music, so I would like to see if you can spot them. The literal story is about all things mythical. There are Titans / Krakens / Cities in the sky and purgatory. One of the tracks is instrumental, as I felt that was the most expressive way to simulate purgatory.

I also created all of the artwork for the album myself, so I would really love to hear your opinion on that also.

So here is the link titans-of-old.bandcamp.com...
and to download for free, just add 0 as the amount when you buy (of course you can just listen to it in the browser if you like) I will offer it for free for a short time, just so I can get your opinions.

This album is very close to my heart, I put a lot of work in to it, so thank you in advance for your feedback!

Daniel

titans-of-old.bandcamp.com...

Thank you!

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Oh, it's refreshing to see an album with this kind of artwork and subject matter that isn't metal.

Listening to it now. WILL FEED BACK SOON.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Yes, don't expect metal. This is a very chilled album. Some might even say it's a little depressing, but that was the feeling I was going for. More of an emotional experience!

Thank you so much for taking a listen, it helps so much.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Ah, trust me dude, I know. In a band here.

The last song sounds very much like "exit music for a film" from OK Computer. Other than that, it all sounds pretty original, which is good. Really clean recording, good instrument choices.

Could have used some more percussion and a little bit different bass playing. But, for just you doing it, really solid stuff.

Doesn't feel cheap or raw, sounds really well done.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Thanks for your feedback, it's been years since I heard Ok Computer, will have to listen again and maybe update the song if it's too similar.

It was really tough to get a clean sound (was recording in my small apartment so it took a lot of work and tricks to record) pillows are your friends for sound damping!

Again, thank you so much for taking a listen, I really appreciate it!

Dan

btw: the only instrument I didn't play was the trumpet, and that was done by my friend Jim Snyder (as mentioned on the credits on the album) just thought I had better credit him on here also!

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
off to bed, thanks to all in advance!
edit on 25-4-2013 by liiquidminduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
WOW! Just wonderful!!!!!!!! Keep up the great work!!

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thank you so much, so glad you enjoyed it, that means a lot to me!
Please download the album anytime!

D

top topics

join