It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcomer from Milwaukee WI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Hey everyone, like I said, I just joined the site and I am from the Milwaukee area. The reason I've joined up is because I have a new found fascination with the world of the occult. In particular I am interested in chaos and sigil magic. What I am really looking for is someone to kind of guide me through this stuff. Show me what is bull, what is real. Or if it is all bull, I want to know that too. Any help or information that can be offered to me is much appreciated and I am looking forward to being a part of this community.

Thanks,

Nay nay

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Naynaychandler

Well, welcome to ATS! Maybe Destiny can bake up some special welcome snacks for ya! (She's a sweet one for supplying a tray of yummies for new folks). I'd say you came to the right place in a search for more information on the occult and things that go bump in the day and night alike.

Heck, you might just encounter a few ghouls and goblins right here in the forums in you catch the right moment. lol... See ya out there!

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Waukesha checking in....Hi neighbor.

ATS is a great place to get the news and argue the finer points of nothing.
WELCOME

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Dear Naynaychandler,

Welcome. May I ask why you are interested in the occult, it sounds as if you wish to use such things.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Glad you joined

Here's a welcome cake..

Enjoy your stay at this lovely day spa

-nat the blue eyed cat-

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

All of it is bull. No proof on film anywhere.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

My real interest in magic and the occult stems from what many would call a "vivid imagination". All I am interested in is defining and moving through the universe in a way that makes sense to me. I am a philosopher by trade and as such I seek explanations in everything. And likewise, I like to experiment with things to bring about these explanations.

I am not sure what the magickal community's opinion of Grant Morrison is, but I am very intrigued by the things he says (and honestly I love his comics) and would like to learn more about Chaos and Sigil magic because of it.

I have created a few of my own sigils and have been pleased with the results, but I feel like a moron going about doing this without a guide or a practitioner leading me or giving me advice.

It is murky depths I am diving into, and don't much care to traverse them alone.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DPrice

I would prefer to find out it is bull through my own guided experimentation rather than adhere to the idea that "if i can't see it, it doesn't exist."

I am sure ATS would not be a thing if everyone was satisfied by what they have seen on film.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Nice to meet you!

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Dear Naynaychandler,

Again welcome to ATS and I hope you enjoy your time here. Personally, my interest in the occult is only in understanding their beliefs. I am a Christian. I do not post in the occult sections therefore it is unlikely I would have anything to offer you on your search; but, everyone chooses their own path and that is how it should be. Peace.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Thank you for your welcome, and honestly I would be interested in what you have to say about Christianity as well as what you have to say about the occult. I am in school for philosophy, and what I am most interested in is religious philosophy. I am always happy talk about these things, if you ever wanted to share anything.

new topics

top topics

join