It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want some perspectives about what the phrase "waking up" means

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Hi all. I have been hearing the phrase "people waking up" over and over lately, and it is starting to piss me off. All sorts of radio programs and documentaries talk about this, but never, not even once, explain exactly what that phrase means. I would say they mean people becoming more empathetic and aware of how they are effecting themselves and each other, however people use this phrase to mean so much more, apparently. People usually use this phrase while talking about the economy, the government, military, etc... seems like a very powerful phrase to use, but also seems as meaningless as "change we can believe in"

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
To me, the phrase "waking up" means to become aware of.
That's all I got.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

It's just my take here, but I've always took that term to mean people are finally starting to become aware of more than the dawn to dusk existence of their own personal lives and the 6 inches in front of their own noses. I mean, most folks live in that little bubble by sheer necessity of having to tread water like mad just to make ends meet and keep bills paid, right? Waking Up is realizing there is far more in the world than what little penetrates the bubble which most exist in.

Just my two cents. Oh, and I've heard many terms for the metaphysical 'awakening' or 'quickening' as some call it ...but saying someone 'woke up' isn't generally what I think of for that sense of things.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

Most of the time it's different for people. All wanting a divine kind of mindset,a quest for purity or the next best quality they can grab.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

It's a common phrase because it's a common problem. John lennon said "Apathy isn't it." Waking up is most often used to incite some sort of action, but before this action would take place some people need to either:
A) see the problem
OR
B) care about the problem

Basically a cry to others to be the change one wishes to see in this world. Both meaningful and a cop out at the same time.

As for me I am waking up all the time and going to sleep all the time. Your either going up or down, so I can see the urge to bring others out instead of in.

Consciousness is the key.

Like this:
[color=lightgreen] "Awaken to essentials/
Time, Tech, and Mental/
Integrate earth/ Recognize potential
Crisis breeds Opportunity/
Are you waiting to be saved/
Or will you make yourself FREE?"

edit on 4/25/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

Dear nitro67,

It means different things for different people. Some mean it as a spiritual statement, waking up to the spiritual realities. Some mean it in terms of understanding how the world really works, sounds like what you are hearing is about that. Alice Cooper wrote a song called "Schools out", he told a story about how he got the title. He had watched an old movie series called the "Bowery Boys", it is about a group of juvenile delinquents is New York during the 30s and 40s. In one of the movies, the leader of the gang tells one of it's members that school is out, by which he means you are not a kid anymore, get real and understand what the world is really like. When asked what it meant, Cooper said, "Wake up".

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
"Waking up" is basically thinking scientifically and thinking about how you affect others and yourself with your actions instead of living your life by a set of binary rules (such and such is bad, Mexicans are bad, drinking is bad) it would be more like

"If I drink and drive, then I will increase my risk of getting in an accident"
"I don't know that Hispanic person, so there is no reason to think one way or the other about him or her"

Anyway, when you awaken, you stop experiencing time flow... and with politics and economics, I think it is being used because of the internet, people are becoming more aware of corruption in corporations and politics -

It is all about being more aware and being able to make more informed decisions because of access to information.

You might be a little late to the party, though - I think society is about to head in the other direction.
edit on 25-4-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Well I can't tell you what it means but someone knew something back in the day.. Lyrics are spot on also.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nitro67
Hi all. I have been hearing the phrase "people waking up" over and over lately, and it is starting to piss me off. All sorts of radio programs and documentaries talk about this, but never, not even once, explain exactly what that phrase means. I would say they mean people becoming more empathetic and aware of how they are effecting themselves and each other, however people use this phrase to mean so much more, apparently. People usually use this phrase while talking about the economy, the government, military, etc... seems like a very powerful phrase to use, but also seems as meaningless as "change we can believe in"

Say you have a friend who is a train engineer. He passes by your house in his train and blows the horn. As it passes, the pitch changes as it goes by. At some point, you ask him why this happens. He then says, "I hear it each day. It stays steady." They argue about the facts and each claims that the pitch of the whistle is different to them individually. Eventually, they each wake up somewhat when their awareness includes new information--The Doppler Effect. The paradox between their own unique frame of reference and perspective is resolved by a higher axiom of truth.

When awareness expands, more understanding. Waking up is a point at which axioms of truth rise to new life and we begin to see the connections that break down our walls of bias and contradiction. Plato's cave is a good analogy for this. In most people, the soul (Animal Nature) rules the mind. Impenetrability is a state in which two things cannot occupy the same place. One rules the other. In a soulish person, the animal nature rules by emotion. Intellect is moved from place to place as emotion passes. In the enlightened person, intellect is stronger and moves emotion aside. In the middle, there is a bridge to cross. Virtue and Sincerity are then steps on that bridge to expanding intellect. The inner life cannot expand apart from the trials of the outer life by comparing opposites and finding the mean.

Read the Doctrine of the Mean by Confucius. Additionally, read the Doctrine of the Mean by Aristotle.

With Confucius, the Mean is the Path one walks in life, but the way in which it is walked is the key to waking the intellect up from sleep. It's a sort of courage and boldness from the mind that then rules the Soul. When Revelation speaks of overcoming the world, it is speaking of the individual that overcomes the Beast. The mark of the beast is the animal we sacrifice so that the Spirit can become alive. The mark of mankind is Carbon (6 protons, 6 electrons and 6 neutrons). The Fruit of knowledge is technology. The Tree of Life is DNA. The Lamb's book of Life is the information of the Spirit, recorded so that we can be born again. The Soul is the vehicle of the material body so that we can rise to new life in the waters of baptism (Immersion into Mater / Material / Mother). The Sacrifice and cleansing of the temple (Body) is what the water accomplishes. The fire that burns the beast are trials. Water puts out fire. What is Living Water? Knowledge that wakes the Spirit and pushes the animal aside.

To be enlightened and to wake up is a process of knowledge and wisdom put into practice. The inner man (Soul) must be ruled by the Shepherd (Spirit of God). When our authority as an animal is replaced with that of the sovereign authority of God, we are said to exist by God's will (LOVE). Virtue and Sincerity are the path to this way of thought. If you read Confucius and the Doctrine of the Mean, realize why our leaders are failing us. Also, realize how the Spirit will push them aside without strength or might. Those who have faith fear God. This fear is defference and respect for God by love. Those who have no faith also have fear, but this fear is the expectation of judgment by not overcoming. Ultimately, we cannot overcome apart from the perfect sacrifice of Able. Cain tried to sacrifice with the works of his hands. Cain used the blood sacrifice of an unblemished animal. Of course, the Lamb of sacrifice that is perfect is ONLY Christ. We place ourselves INSIDE Christ and God sees His Son and not our own sins. We are covered by love. This is the robe that was made from the wool washed by the shepherd. Our sins are the wool. It is pulled over our eyes while sheered. The wool is the washed and returned as a white robe covering our own soul. Ultimately, our new robe (Body) becomes the perfect body when we are no longer children, but adults adopted into the family of God.

Those who are waking up are finding the Spirit over the Soul by following the Shepherd. Many 'think' they are waking up by following the wrong shepherd. There is only one true Shepherd that can give a new robe. His Gate is narrow and the Sheep know his voice.

He is the Way (Confucius / Virtue), the Truth ( Philosophy ) and the Life (True Shepherd). No matter where you look, the Son of Man is there as the Christ and Son of God. Even Confucius called Him the Son of Man. Why is he a Son of Man? He is the first and last Adam.

Adam is the Father of Mankind. The Son of God is the Father of Adam. Jesus is the Son of the fathers before and the first fruits of the new man. He is the First Born over all and the first born of the new man. As Christ is, so shall we be. Waking up is this knowledge.

We are all the Sons of this Man. We are all Children of God. After being Children in the wilderness, we are the prodigal sons returning to the Father. In reality, we are all part of the same loaf. We are all the Son of God being raised in the wilderness.

1 Corinthians 10

14 Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry. 15 I speak to sensible people; judge for yourselves what I say. 16 Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

The Idol is the one we make of the Self. Overcome.

edit on 25-4-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

Wake Up Neo.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

The white rabbit is that of Alice in Wonderland. When asking Humpty Dumpty to explain why he is on the wall, they have this conversation.

`And only one for birthday presents, you know. There's glory for you!'

----The glory of man was lost in the fall of Adam. His egg was cracked. The unbirthday happens 364 times. Only ONE birthday matters. This is the one where we are born again.

`I don't know what you mean by "glory,"' Alice said.

----Alice is waking up in the land of mirrored opposites in the rabbit hole.

Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. `Of course you don't -- till I tell you. I meant, "there's a nice knock-down argument for you!"

----The argument for you (Soul) is that you will eventually see the light. The light reveals what it hits. By that light, the soul wakes the spirit to find the Father once again.

`But "glory" doesn't mean "a nice knock-down argument,"' Alice objected.

----Alice rejects something different than what she already knows. Here awareness is expanding as she walks the path of opposites. The argument for faith knocks down walls. Clinging to sight keeps the walls in the illusion. Matter is a veil to true reality. This is what Humpty climbed the veil to see.

`When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, `it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less.

---Meaning comes from what God writes with his Word. The Word is what renders our reality of form. Each form is an archetype of what it represents. God determines meaning by law. We must learn these meanings while here.

`The question is,' said Alice, `whether you can make words mean so many different things.'

---She cannot see that symbols have more than one meaning. They are words. We can read symbols if we know their context from what we are presented in archetype.

`The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, `which is to be master - - that's all.'

---- The true question for the souls is this: Who is to be master? The soul or spirit of God?

Alice was too much puzzled to say anything, so after a minute Humpty Dumpty began again.

---- We know what he means if we are awake. Alice is still dreaming.

`They've a temper, some of them -- particularly verbs, they're the proudest -- adjectives you can do anything with, but not verbs -- however, I can manage the whole of them! Impenetrability! That's what I say!'

---Here, words are compared to types of individuals. God can manage all the words. He goes on to say, impenetrability is the state in which good and evil cannot occupy the same space. God will push one aside for the other.

Man sat on the wall of choice when he was vulnerable like an egg on a wall.

Man took knowledge and used it before he was ready (before the egg hatched), and had a great fall (from God’s grace). If he had just waited, he would have become his potential by hatching.

All of the King’s tools (technology) and all of the King’s men (Alchemists/Scientists/Mathematicians) could not put man back in his place of glory again.

Only the Shepherd can move us back to Glory. He is the unbalanced force that moves our equilibrium. The swing of opposites in this movement wakes our Spirit. Neo was moved to wake by the small voice only he could hear. The Sheep know the voice.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Two types of people are waking up. Those who embrace the Spirit of God and those who are raging against it. Each will see the truth and every knee will bow in the end. Water puts out Fire. Those who killed Kennedy will reap what they sow (FIRE). The same weapon is what is used against those who hate. It's a mirror. Love covers a multitude of sin. Water is Christ and Christ is love. Taking the name requires the character.

Originally posted by DarknStormy
Well I can't tell you what it means but someone knew something back in the day.. Lyrics are spot on also.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

thanks for all the responses
Enochwasright has some great insights and I appreciate them, thanks....

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
Two types of people are waking up. Those who embrace the Spirit of God and those who are raging against it. Each will see the truth and every knee will bow in the end. Water puts out Fire. Those who killed Kennedy will reap what they sow (FIRE). The same weapon is what is used against those who hate. It's a mirror. Love covers a multitude of sin. Water is Christ and Christ is love. Taking the name requires the character.

They know their time is drawing near. You cannot worship Satan without knowing God is watching also.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
"Waking up" is a simple term, with a simple definition.

It simply means to question everything, and to think for yourself.

It means to put your analytical mind to work, and utilize critical thinking skills. It takes time and practice to think critically of everything you see and hear. Including your own beliefs and convictions. "Why do I believe what I believe?"

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
"Waking up" is a simple term, with a simple definition.

It simply means to question everything, and to think for yourself.

It means to put your analytical mind to work, and utilize critical thinking skills. It takes time and practice to think critically of everything you see and hear. Including your own beliefs and convictions. "Why do I believe what I believe?"

I like it

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

"Waking up" is what it has always meant. What we must wake up from is the question.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Prof. Charles Tart (at UCLA at Davis I think) has a book entitled waking Up.

In two words, it means jerking yourself out of the sleep of "consensus reality." (That what about everybody accepts and believes without being consciously thinking. Sorta a mass hypnosis of society. Waking up is being "within the moment"as they say. It is personal training one does and it takes awhile to learn to keep that focus.

It applies to everything, not just religion, politics or ego.

edit on 25-4-2013 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

To me waking up is the moment that one realizes that all things have been done under the will and command of a loving creator. Once the realization comes that you truly are exactly where you are supposed to be a feeling of forgiveness and relief that you are forgiven because you have always been loved consumes you to the point of becoming obedient to yourself. That is obedient to the love within you because it is the only force that is worth obedience and the reward is always love/joy.

Some call it dying to the self so that you may live for a greater purpose.
Some call it following the light that guides us to love one another.
Some may call it simply believing in love as the only force worthy of pursuit.

It matters not what one calls it. What matters is how do you become awakened?

The answer is simple; love is the state of being awake. To find love one must pursue love. If you pursue love you will understand what it is to be awake. Knock and the door will be opened. The door to the love inside your spirit will open and become like a spring of living water that even nourishes those around you.

I wish you well on your journey. You are seeking, if you continue you will find.

edit on 25-4-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

I can answer.how I personally woke up with a analogy.
I was living in MY life box. In this box i was told what i believe what i think and what i can do by a select group of people, i.e, the pastor who led my church who told me who and what to believe in my spiritual life, i like a good robot believed him. I also had people in my box who educated my brain in their ideas of what i should learn. Then theirs my parents, they taught me exactly what and how their parents raised them..ect..ect.
One day im moving around in my life box and suddenly the top cracked open ever so slightly, i saw new and difgerent neat and shonny things. Curious and intrigued i popped my whole head out, there was so many many things i saw and knew nothing about, wide eyed i jumped out of my life box to
skip jump and stumble through all this newness i was experiencing, i didnt go back into my lufe box because soon i realized i knew nothing and had to much to gain outside that box. I was awake. , hope you can peek outside your life box, cause there's alot out there waiting to meet and teach you.
Peace

edit on 25-4-2013 by lbndhr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join