It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court rules to not evacuate children in contaminated city.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
bigstory.ap.org...

This is very sad and disturbing to hear. The court ruled that even though the does rates in the city are higher than those deemed safe before the accident, it is not the responsibility of the gov. to relocate these children. Basically they told the parents; if your worried about radiation leave on your own terms. The Japanese gov. Is trying to cover up this horrible atrocity as best as they can. Children are 100s of time more likely to have negative health consequences due to radiation exposure. These parents are rightfully frightened for their children's heath and the gov. is basically commiting mass murder to cover up one of their mistakes. I said this in the main Fukushima thread but I will state this again. The Japanese gov. should be charged with crimes against humanity for letting their people die a slow death, instead of doing the right thing and getting their people out of harms way.

Crimes against humanity, as defined by the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court Explanatory Memorandum, "are particularly odious offenses in that they constitute a serious attack on human dignity or grave humiliation or a degradation of human beings. They are not isolated or sporadic events, but are part either of a government policy (although the perpetrators need not identify themselves with this policy) or of a wide practice of atrocities tolerated or condoned by a government or a de facto authority.

Sounds pretty fitting to the situation occurring in Japan.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this..
and sadly it's not just their people..it's a global problem, they have done a horrible thing to the planet...with no end in site yet

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Yes, in the end it's not the Japanese gov. fault this happend, although the way they are handling it is atrocious. This is really a global issue and always has been. The root cause of all of this is that the regulatory agencies in charge of the nuclear industry are bought out by that industry and only make policies that benefit the industry's profits. The nuclear industry also lobby or what I like to call bribe politicians to make laws in their favor. Then they cover up the accidents and the health effects caused by them. This was all proven when one of the NRCs chairmen started making safety a concern and finally stated that he believed that all Mark1 BWR the same kind at fukushima should be shut down, and that all nuclear plants in the US should not receive 40 year operating license extentions. He was pressured first by the other 4 chairmen and then some members of congress to resign. His opinion was based on safety of the people not profits for the industry so they got rid of him. Most NRC chairmen also go on to receive top level jobs in the nuclear industry with high paying salaries once their term is up. That's the real incentive for these people unfortunately.
edit on 25-4-2013 by BriGuyTM90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

What can you say about the Japanese people they really need to stand up against the criminals in there government.

I wonder how many babies will not be born because of these scum bags? I am sure the Japanese people will actually grow a set and say enough is enough.
I thought that would be good for a laugh.
edit on 25-4-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

It is not just japans government either...it's everywhere...it has been one of the biggest coverups in history..

When was the last time you saw something on the evening news? Or a statement from the whitehouse?
I was shocked a while back when I actually saw something on the news about the infant mortality rate increasing on the west coast due to this.....it was about a 30 second blurb...
i

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Doesn't the government realize that they too are amongst the victims? This is like a priest running around out on the battlefield saying everything will be OK.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
That's a shame. I personally think no one should live in Japan. There's too many natural disasters always attacking it. It isn't going to stop either. It's like living in Hawaii and thinking that volcano will never explode! Or there will never be another catastrophic earthquake in California. Those aren't what if scenarios either just a when.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

What can you say about the Japanese people they really need to stand up against the criminals in there government.

I wonder how many babies will not be born because of these scum bags? I am sure the Japanese people will actually grow a set and say enough is enough.
I thought that would be good for a laugh.
edit on 25-4-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

Or even worse, babies born but with brain damage or deformities, requiring 24-hour care for their whole lives.

But that's the Japanese - their culture seems so fatalistic. There was once a plane that had the tail rudder blown off by high winds while flying through mountains. The pilots decided it was their fate to die in a plane crash so didn't try and do anything to fight the problem like adjust engine speeds, re-balance fuel loads, adjust wing flaps. They just flew in a straight line until they hit a mountain. Compare that to British pilots who suffered a jammed rudder. They started playing around with the controls to see what still worked and what effect each change would have. Then they figured out a way to compensate for the loss of that one flight surface and landed the plane safely.

Those politicians - they've probably decided that it is Japan's fate to be irradiated by nuclear fuel because it is the will of the gods. Secondly they can't admit that a regulatory body failed in its duty to protect the public. So they keep bowing and apologising like as the Chinese say "nodding ducks". So it's easier for them to raise minimum radiation levels, and pretend their isn't a health hazard than admit that complacency has got themselves and everyone else into deep doo-doo.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by stormcell

Those politicians - they've probably decided that it is Japan's fate to be irradiated by nuclear fuel because it is the will of the gods. Secondly they can't admit that a regulatory body failed in its duty to protect the public. So they keep bowing and apologising like as the Chinese say "nodding ducks". So it's easier for them to raise minimum radiation levels, and pretend their isn't a health hazard than admit that complacency has got themselves and everyone else into deep doo-doo.

While I agree that the main reason for their actions is inability to admit a mistake, I am sure they know pretty well what will come out of this... and that a different adimistration will have to deal with the consequences, not them. Politicians only ever think till the next election, which is the root of many problems.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Some govt wage slave will have done a sum along the lines of :

Cost of relocation now > Compensation to victims alive in 50 years time when their claim for compo can be approved.

One of the key points for that will be when every single person of the current jap govt is dead or retired. So no finger pointing.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Several court cases involving radiation and nuclear power have been shot down here in Japan recently. It seems the courts are not offering much help to the people.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
and since the reactors themselves are manufactured by GE, you don't hear a word about this in the American media. where are all the ships that should be monitoring the ocean water and currents for radiation spread?...where are the big shot investigative reporters doing the research on this? why aren't we the American people being told about how much radiation is reaching the west coast?...and how about the 2-year-long continuing airborne release of radiation?....and why aren't they telling us?....lawsuits totaling in the billions of dollars, profits over people.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomwv
Several court cases involving radiation and nuclear power have been shot down here in Japan recently. It seems the courts are not offering much help to the people.

do they give an explanation why?...do they use the "act of god" defense? I thought TEPCO was the #1 power company in japan, and had the best safeguards of them all, including earthquake and tsunami protection.
edit on 28-4-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

top topics

join