It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our place in the Milky Way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Published on Feb 18, 2013
An inside look at the Earth's position in the Milky Way galaxy.

This is a way cool documentary that explains our situation with, respect to the rest of the Galaxy and beyond. This in relation to issues that could, very well come up over the next million years.

Any thoughts?
edit on 24-4-2013 by Kashai because: Added and modfied content

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Further.......

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Cool show. It sparked an interest in me about the sounds in space, especially Jupiter. This show just touched the surface about the noise emanating from Jupiter.

This video has the real recordings taken by the voyager spacecraft. It gets crazy about the 9 minute mark. You can move the cursor to other hot spots. Read the description section to interpret what you are hearing. There are spacecraft sounds as well captured by the antenna.

The rest of the stuff is wild.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Kashai

Cool show. It sparked an interest in me about the sounds in space, especially Jupiter. This show just touched the surface about the noise emanating from Jupiter.

This video has the real recordings taken by the voyager spacecraft. It gets crazy about the 9 minute mark. You can move the cursor to other hot spots. Read the description section to interpret what you are hearing. There are spacecraft sounds as well captured by the antenna.

The rest of the stuff is wild.

This is so wild that it time for a music break...

edit on 24-4-2013 by Kashai because: dded content

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Okay, music time. That video of Jupiter noise reminded me of this...

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

In consideration.....

"Hail to thee, great God, Lord of the Two Truths. I have come unto thee, my Lord, that thou mayest bring me to see thy beauty. I know thee, I know thy name, I know the names of the 42 Gods who are with thee in this broad hall of the Two Truths . . . Behold, I am come unto thee. I have brought thee truth; I have done away with sin for thee. I have not sinned against anyone. I have not mistreated people. I have not done evil instead of righteousness . . .
I have not reviled the God.
I have not laid violent hands on an orphan.
I have not done what the God abominates . . .
I have not killed; I have not turned anyone over to a killer.
I have not caused anyone's suffering . . .
I have not copulated (illicitly); I have not been unchaste.
I have not increased nor diminished the measure, I have not diminished the palm; I have not encroached upon the fields.
I have not added to the balance weights; I have not tempered with the plumb bob of the balance.
I have not taken milk from a child's mouth; I have not driven small cattle from their herbage...
I have not stopped (the flow of) water in its seasons; I have not built a dam against flowing water.
I have not quenched a fire in its time . . .
I have not kept cattle away from the God's property.
I have not blocked the God at his processions. 5

According to Wikipedia: and Religious Tolerance

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

That was interesting. I have never read that before.
Thanks for bringing it.

new topics

top topics

join