It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were There Three Bombers in Boston?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SMOKINGGUN2012

I see what you are saying, but there doesn't appear to be any damage to the bark of the tree.

I would expect some of the bark to be blown off its trunk. Also, wouldn't victims of the blast have been blown into the street by the force of the blast, along with the part of the barrier bent outward?

There should have been parts of people in the street, but I believe the human damage was confined to the sidewalk, at least I have never seen photos of anything of the sort in the street or any mention made of such a thing.
edit on 28-4-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Those are hard questions to answer without any real bomb making/bomb team knowledge

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Given the amount of people around each bomb it explains why there was not a large area of damage as the bodies unfortunately absorbed the blast and it's deadly shrapnel. Also don't forget, this blast was a huge fireball which they still have yet to explain why. I believe the first bomb was more powerful and composed of different explosives.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Sorry I'm on an ipad and can't post properly right now, but what do you say about the explosion appearing to look like it comes from further back and not on the street?

www.google.com... CAoQ_AUoAA&biw=1024&bih=672#biv=i%7C14%3Bd%7CkToSNflNuz_AfM%3A

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ender58

Sorry I'm on an ipad and can't post properly right now, but what do you say about the explosion appearing to look like it comes from further back and not on the street?

www.google.com... CAoQ_AUoAA&biw=1024&bih=672#biv=i%7C14%3Bd%7CkToSNflNuz_AfM%3A

Here is a screen shot from a video showing the moment the second bomb exploded. I'm not trying to make too much of this. I would grant anyone that this is very imprecise, but to me it shows that the bomb must have been very near the curb of the street. Note, almost in the middle of the smoke and beginning of the flash, there is a rectangular dark spot.

I think that is where the postal box is blocking the explosion. If you take a ruler and lay it along the curb of the street, it leads to the middle of the blast. As I say, I'm not trying to make more of that than it is. I know it's not precise.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This fireball clearly looks to be behind the curb.

www.homelandsecuritynewswire.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Here are two images that show clearly where the people , the tree and the postal box are located.

The first image is useful because it gives a picture of the location of people in relation to the two alternate points at which a bomb is alleged to have been planted, either near the tree or near the postal box.

It is helpful to save the image to your computer and then view it enlarged in Irfanview or whatever image viewer you have.

i.imgur.com...

The next image is very graphic. It is not bloody, but shows mangled victims clearly. View at your own discretion. I'm just giving the link here. It clearly shows that the bomb must have gone off right next to the postal box. That is where two mangled bodies which were standing right there are found and where the metal barrier was broken.

Clearly the intensity of the blast was at its most intense right at the postal box.

i.imgur.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
You see that area of smoke just to the right of the tree and slightly behind? That is the exact blast area. This shows NO PROOF of the bomb blast near the curb as it is obvious there are people laying there. You can also download it and zoom in for verification. I am referring to picture 2......the link you posted....which also clearly shows the fence ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE STREET. How does that happen if the bomb is outside of the fence on the curb?
edit on 28-4-2013 by SMOKINGGUN2012 because: added info

edit on 28-4-2013 by SMOKINGGUN2012 because: c

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I agree that the photo in your link seems to show that the blast occurred further back from the curb that the postal box. I don't think that is the best photo reference though. The screen shot that I showed is an earlier view of the explosive process.

Both these photos are not enough upon which to decide the matter. One of the reasons for that is the nature of a pressure cooker bomb, specifically the container itself, which is not like a grenade, designed to explode symmetrically.

When the pressure cooker explodes the weakest part of the pot will come open and then the rest of it will peel around the blast leading to an asymmetrical blast pattern as the explosive squirts through the hole in the pot on whichever side it breaks first and the pieces jet away in the opposite direction.

Despite that, I think a strong case can be made for an explosion at the postal box rather than than the tree.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

This very clearly shows the origin of the explosion...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Even if it was super asymmetrical it wouldn't change the fact that the orange segment is the explosion epicenter

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMOKINGGUN2012
You see that area of smoke just to the right of the tree and slightly behind? That is the exact blast area.

The smoke could also be emanating from the two mangled bodies. If you follow the cloud from top left downward, it leads directly to them.

This shows NO PROOF of the bomb blast near the curb as it is obvious there are people laying there.

There are people down, near the tree and near the post box. Only difference is that the ones near the post box are dead and badly mangled.

shows the fence ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE STREET. How does that happen if the bomb is outside of the fence on the curb?

If the fence is across the street, and the fence is heavier than most people, which it is, and if it was blown there by the explosive, why are there not bodies all the way across the street?

I think that the fence might have been flung outward because it was attached to the fence near the post box which broke from the forces of people leaning on it, together with the blast. That sudden movement of the broken fence might have flung the other fence outward into the street mechanically rather than explosively.

The least complicated and most likely reason for the fence being across the street is that it was moved there by people trying to get away from the area of the blast. If it had been blown into the street, we would have heard about people who were injured by being hit by the flying fence. This I have not heard of.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
[
edit on 28-4-2013 by azureskys because: removed entire statment as it was misplaced

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

I've seen it. Thanks but I'm just too busy with how many bombers there were to go too far into other issues.

2nd.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

edit on 28-4-2013 by Ender58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ender58

Hey I also apologized for my mistake.
Did you happen to notise that?
I feel like crap even though it was a true mistake.

Can't you forgive me / Others have.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

HA Sorry just saw that! Way to man up! ill delete my last post

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
3 or 4 or 5 or 1,000

why does it matter?

there will be more mad nutty bombers in the USA

you have a history of creating home bred ones and you attract foreign ones

i grew up in London in the 70's with the IRA bombing everything... we went about life as normal

why are you so picky about details rather than facing the huge elephant in your room?

just try and make the world a better place... my first suggestion would be get off the internet right now and do something in the real world... plant a tree... send a letter... clean the toilet.... apologize to whoever you last peed off etc... do at least one good thing a day away from the Interweb...

i dare you.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ender58

Thank you.
I will look alot closer before I leap the next time

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by manmental

I do those things every day If you were addressing me.
If not oh well I still do those things each day.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join