Mark of the Beast

page: 1
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Let's say the government makes a law that states everyone has to be chipped because of security/safety reasoning or whatever rational explanation that is given. According to the bible we are suppose to obey the governing body. Given this information should we take the chip or not?




posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mojo2012
 


The government can chip me but it will only be my dead body



posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mojo2012
 


According to the bible we are suppose to obey the governing body.

Where does it say that? If you mean "render unto Caesar that which is Caesars", then I'll have some new info for you...



posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I know this is going to sound stupid, but while I for the most part no longer believe in Christianity, if all of a sudden I were required to be 'chipped', I'd rethink my belief set for starters. Secondly I would not be 'chipped', regardless of what that meant.



posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr
 


1 Peter 2:13 & Romans 13



posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
A way to identify who you are and where your at? It's already conveniently in your pocket. Also comes with a microphone that can work when the device is "off" and is the main tool you use to communicate with others.
edit on 24-4-2013 by Dantose because: (no reason given)


To be in line with the OP, I'll quote Pslam 94:16



16 Who will rise up for me against the wicked?
Who will take a stand for me against evildoers?
17 Unless the Lord had given me help,
I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death.
18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,”
your unfailing love, Lord, supported me.
19 When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought me joy.

20 Can a corrupt throne be allied with you—
a throne that brings on misery by its decrees?


I think it is Christian duty to refuse being chipped, as it is not for the benefit of the people but only increases control and power of the government over the people.
edit on 24-4-2013 by Dantose because: OP response



posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Here in the US we already have a "workable" Mark of the Beast.

Your parents probable marked you with it before you could choose for yourself.

It is required to work, to earn a living, to get a job, or to bank.....soon it may also be required
to buy or sell in any transaction.

And it is a number...your Social Security Number



posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mojo2012
 


Being chipped does not violate any of my personal spiritual principles, so I do not see a problem from that point of view.

I also do not think that the Bible warns anyone against being chipped. It is yet to be shown irrefutably that the "mark of the beast" refers to an electronic implant.



posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The mark of the beast and everything associated with that topic makes absolutely no sense. Everyone is just guessing about what it means. The bible did not clarify its cryptic meaning,so therefore, all you can do is just guess. And since your guess is as good as any,theres a good chance youre wrong. So why even bother with this topic at all?



posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dantose
A way to identify who you are and where your at? It's already conveniently in your pocket. Also comes with a microphone that can work when the device is "off" and is the main tool you use to communicate with others.
edit on 24-4-2013 by Dantose because: (no reason given)


To be in line with the OP, I'll quote Pslam 94:16



16 Who will rise up for me against the wicked?
Who will take a stand for me against evildoers?
17 Unless the Lord had given me help,
I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death.
18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,”
your unfailing love, Lord, supported me.
19 When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought me joy.

20 Can a corrupt throne be allied with you—
a throne that brings on misery by its decrees?


I think it is Christian duty to refuse being chipped, as it is not for the benefit of the people but only increases control and power of the government over the people.
edit on 24-4-2013 by Dantose because: OP response


I'd hardly call a cell phone the mark of the beast though. Not to mention not everyone has a cell phone, no matter how odd it may seem LOL I know a few who don't have a cell phone. I thought that it would be somewhere like your forehead, but I can't remember much of the bible anymore. I just remember vague parts of if from when I was a kid.



posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo2012
Let's say the government makes a law that states everyone has to be chipped because of security/safety reasoning or whatever rational explanation that is given. According to the bible we are suppose to obey the governing body. Given this information should we take the chip or not?


No, according to the bible people will be deceived into receiving the Mark of the beast and unfortunetly, most people will. The people who refuse will be persecuted and outcasted.



posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo2012
reply to post by intrptr
 


1 Peter 2:13 & Romans 13

Then sadly, accept the chip? Whats wrong with that picture though? Isn't there a conflict of interest? It would seem to me that one of those biblical commands is mistaken. Obey the government so accept the mark of the beast? Maybe the "mark" is misinterpreted by us? Maybe the command to obey your government was put there by the government to confuse us?

What else?



posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
The mark of the beast and everything associated with that topic makes absolutely no sense. Everyone is just guessing about what it means. The bible did not clarify its cryptic meaning,so therefore, all you can do is just guess. And since your guess is as good as any,theres a good chance youre wrong. So why even bother with this topic at all?


Money does seem to play a role in whatever it is. But pinpointing exactly what it means is near impossible. It could be a worthless electronic currency backed by nothing, a chip, who knows.



posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Best video describing the Mark of the Beast i have found. It is not quite what you think.



posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
The mark of the beast and everything associated with that topic makes absolutely no sense. Everyone is just guessing about what it means. The bible did not clarify its cryptic meaning,so therefore, all you can do is just guess. And since your guess is as good as any,theres a good chance youre wrong. So why even bother with this topic at all?



Because it's awesome...



posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
No. Espeially not now. Why? Something to consider.

According to Matthew 24 the Apocalypse is already running when the first noticeable end time event happens. And the problem is one already has. The creation of the state of Israel in 1948. Prophesied in multiple places in the bible.
Therefore in May the Apocalypse will be at least 65 years old.

And according to one interpretation of verse 34 the Apocalypse is supposed to happen in the lifetimes of the generation being born at the time of the first event. That average is approximately 78 years now. 70 to 80 years as given in Psalms 90-10.

Assuming 80 years you may be having to make that choice of taking the mark by 2020 to 2025.



posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ntech

According to Matthew 24 the Apocalypse is already running when the first noticeable end time event happens. And the problem is one already has. The creation of the state of Israel in 1948. Prophesied in multiple places in the bible.
Therefore in May the Apocalypse will be at least 65 years old.



The creation of the State of Israel in 1948 is the traditionally accepted interpretation of the Fig Tree. However, if you read the Apocalypse of Peter at

wesley.nnu.edu...

you'll see a different picture. The people who make up the Biblical Israel are those who recognize the Antichrist as being the false Christ. This false Christ will be so convincing that he would deceive even the Elect if that were possible. One of the main differences between the true Messiah and the false Christ, is that the false Christ will be worshiped as God.

BTW This article also names the two witnesses.
edit on 25/4/2013 by Maigret because: Trying to get web site address visible.



posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The pupose of the "mark" is to identify those willing to worship the Beast instead of the Biblical God.
If it isn't offered to you as something which identifies you as willing to worship someone, then it is not the mark.



posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Message to John Leary

April 4, 2013


Jesus said:

...“My people, this spinning object in a church reminds you of My Warning experience that everyone will have at the same time. You will have two things going on at about the time of My Warning. You will be seeing a time of a division in My Church between a schismatic church and the faithful remnant. This schismatic church will be teaching New Age principles that involve crystals. Avoid and leave any Catholic church that teaches New Age. This will also be time when microchips will become mandatory in the body. In your Warning experience you will be warned not to take the mark of the beast or a computer chip in your body, even if it is mandated. This chip could control your free will. Do not worship the beast or the Antichrist either. You will also be warned in the Warning not to follow New Age principles or a schismatic church, but you may need to leave quickly for My refuges of protection.”

www.johnleary.com...





new topics
top topics
 
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join