It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Election in Puerto Rico.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Puerto Rico has elected a new Governor. The liberal Governor Anibal Acevedo Vila won with only a few votes over Pedro Rosello. Rosello has been actively trying to make Puerto Rico a fullworthy member of the USA as the 51. State.

Translation from Swedish to English:

Puerto Ricos inhabitants has, with a very narrow margin, -only 0,2% - Elected a Governor who don't want to integrate the area to the US as a state.
The election-comitee announced yesterday that Anibal Acevedo Vila had won with 48,4 percent of the votes against Pedro Rosellos 48,2 percent.
Acevedo Vila has for four years been Puerto Ricos delegate in the US Congress, without the rights of voting.
Rosellos New Progressive Party has propagated to make Puerto Rico the 51. State of The United States.

Original Swedish:

"Puerto Ricos inv�nare har med mycket knapp majoritet - bara tv� tiondels procent - valt en guvern�r som inte vill ansluta omr�det till USA som delstat.
Valkommissionen meddelade i g�r att Anibal Acevedo Vila vunnit med 48,4 procent av r�sterna mot Pedro Rosellos 48,2 procent.
Acevedo Vila har i fyra �r varit Puerto Ricos delegat i amerikanska kongressen, utan r�str�tt.
Rosellos Nya progressiva parti har propagerat f�r att Puerto Rico blir USA:s 51:a delstat."
www.aftonbladet.se

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The new Governor of Puerto Rico seem to the total oposite of his contestant, Pedro Rosello.

It seems to me that Puerto Rico just had the election that almost everyone on this planet wanted to happen in the US. -That the liberals won, and the conservatives lost.
Congrats Anibal!

Related News Links:
www.issues2000.org
encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com
www.uspoliticstoday.com/news/AcevedoVila

[edit on 4-11-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
No liberal Puerto Ricans want to be integrated as a state, in fact there are many parties seeking total independence from us, including communist parties, etc.. Also becoming a state means that they have to pay for taxes, and a whole lot more.

Also this new Governer is a "her", not a "him"...

Good to see they beat out the Progressive backed party which was put in place to lick the balls of the Neo-Cons.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by boombye]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Whoa the elected barbie again in power, a woman that has been sucking US and puertorrican dry so she can have her plastic sirguries and botox so she can look good. She loves to spend months in south american and spain in her "business" trip.

I will tell you what is going on in this world I guess people love to be oppress.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Whoa the elected barbie again in power, a woman that has been sucking US and puertorrican dry so she can have her plastic sirguries and botox so she can look good. She loves to spend months in south american and spain in her "business" trip.

I will tell you what is going on in this world I guess people love to be oppress.

I would take a puertorrican over a barbie any day of the week.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The sad thing is that she is puertorrican, she is a leach and has done nothing for the island in the last 4 years, I guess people love to be nail all the time SpitinCobra.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I uh, I must be missing something.

www.anibalgobernador.com...

Looks like a man to me.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
I uh, I must be missing something.

www.anibalgobernador.com...

Looks like a man to me.

Thanks Big O I will look into it. Perhaps is a man and i am mistaken. You the island have over 4 million people something is not right, what happend to the rest of the voters.

The governor we had before was a women and she was for re-election. She was call the barbie.

[edit on 103030p://444 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Sorry, I was mistaken with the wannabe 'novella' lady

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Ah, Excuse me...all Puerto Rican from USA & the beautiful island, I believe if we aren't quite inform about these political issues on the island maybe we shall not be commenting...do forgive me Please: Boombye, Marg6043 & Spittincobra but your all making comments with out being informed....this only makes us Puerto Ricans in general sound ignorant (NO PUN in intend). I really am not trying to insult anyone. (Please don't take it that way) I love all my fellow Boricuas no matter where you are.
So FYI....here is the following:

New Governor is Anibal Acevedo Vila, Male, Age 42. Born & Raised in P.R. Went to San Jose College in Rio Piedra, P.R. & in 1982 obtain a Bachelors in Political Science at the University of P.R. holds 2 other degrees and a Masters in Constitutional Rights magna cum laude from Harvard.
Anibal Acevedo is a great leader�. Highly qualified for the job of Governor of P.R. I have copied and pasted his career experiences from Judicial Courts to President of the PPD in P.R. (Sorry listed them in Spanish-didn't feel like translating) ..... but hey we are Rican right?

*Editor de la Revista Jur�dica de la Facultad de Derecho de la Universidad de Puerto Rico.
*Oficial Jur�dico del Juez Federico Hern�ndez Dent�n en el Tribunal Supremo de Puerto Rico
*Oficial Jur�dico del Juez Presidente Levin Campbell del Tribunal Federal de Apelaciones en Boston.
*Director de la Oficina de Asuntos Legislativos de Fortaleza bajo Rafael Hern�ndez Col�n donde colabor� en la Ley de Municipios Aut�nomos y la Reforma Educativa.
*Legislador y Portavoz del Partido Popular en la C�mara de Representantes donde se distingui� por su verticalidad y fiscalizaci�n de la pasada administraci�n.
*Ha sido el Comisionado Residente en Washington m�s productivo en los �ltimos veinte a�os.

His Political party is PPD=Partido Popular Democratico - this means that P.R. will remain an associated state of the USA but w/ the freedom to create it's own laws and makes it own choices for the People and yes it also means Puerto Ricans don't pay taxes.

Which personally I believe it should remain like that.....What would happen to our elders and low income families if they suddenly had to pay taxes for homes, land and other properties that they already own; not to mention electricity, gas and even water taxes�these properties may be just about their only means of survival. I understand that being a state may bring many jobs to the island but it also has it�s many down sides.

I myself am not thoroughly informed as I wished to be.....but I am a full blooded P.Rican and I love the island and am very proud of who I am and where I come from.

Fellow Boricuas let us be informed and have real knowledge of what goes on....just because we may live in the USA and it may or may not be good....
Doesn't mean we should neglect our roots and not keep up with what is going on in the heart of our pride and joy our Puerto Rican Island.

I help you be inform & you can also inform me with something I may not have knowlege of .

Thanks & Regards w/ Boricua love.....

this is Informurself......saying talk to you later!

Peace!!!

[edit on 3-12-2004 by informurself]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well my mother is very disatisfy with the new governador, un popular. so I guess I will call her and see what she has to say, by the way my family son estadistas.

pa bajo a el partido popular, they suck.

Viva la estadidad

new topics

top topics

join