It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sweetest House Never Lived in. (Vid)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
A very sweet project that developed out of love for art. It's in England and was originally meant for goats...

I couldn't imagine the time and effort that went into this. Simply amazing and I know many here will love it as much as I do.

A message from the uploader:

First off I will not reveal the location as by keeping it secret helps to preserve the building as the more people that know about it the more likely that someone will graffitti or damage it. That said here are a few answers to some of your questions: The building is in England. It was built over a period of several years starting in the 1980's. It was initally started as a shed for the landowners sheep but over time he continued adding to it as the owner was also an artist.

It was never finished as the landowner never had planning permission for it and the local council stopped him from continuing. As such it is not a building that was ever lived in but the room with stained glass windows was used by the landowner for wine and poetry evenings with his friends. To give a sense of scale, the doors are normal sized doors. This is not a miniture house, it is full size. The house was not built for a movie set and has not been in any movie. It was built purely as a hobby and a labour of love.

A labor of love that was not meant to be lived in but of course was stopped by the local Council.

Some people should never be involved in Politics.
Maybe some of them should be imprisoned in one of those towers, walled in and never heard from again?

Peace

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

What a brilliant endeavor. The thought and love that went into the dwelling is well worth keeping hidden from those whom would, indeed , do it harm. Thank you for such a lovely find. This was a breath a fresh air and vision, needed respite from all the sadness unfolding within the world. s& f Well done.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Cant actually watch the whole vid at the moment but from what I can see

I rarely stick up for the councils but there is a very well known law in the uk, its quite simple.
"If you don't get planning permission first we'll make you pull it down".

Even politicians have been made to tear down houses quite simply because they didn't ask first.
This guy is VERY lucky they didn't make him pull it down. I'm glad they didn't though.

There are several places in the uk where others have built things like Hobbit homes etc, I'll see if I can find some pics.

Here we go.

Source
edit on 24-4-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chansi3
reply to post by jude11

What a brilliant endeavor. The thought and love that went into the dwelling is well worth keeping hidden from those whom would, indeed , do it harm. Thank you for such a lovely find. This was a breath a fresh air and vision, needed respite from all the sadness unfolding within the world. s& f Well done.

You are very welcome.

Too good not to share.

Peace

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

I rarely stick up for the councils but there is a very well known law in the uk, its quite simple.

Even politicians have been made to tear down houses quite simply because they didn't ask first.
This guy is VERY lucky they didn't make him pull it down. I'm glad they didn't though.

There are several places in the uk where others have built things like Hobbit homes etc, I'll see if I can find some pics.

I can understand something that may be in view of neighbors and/or may have the intention to live in. (Still don't agree as it's his OWN land)

But...This is clearly art and not meant to live in.

Not right IMO.

Peace

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Here we go.

Source
edit on 24-4-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

Thank you!

Here's a great one from around my area:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

I can understand something that may be in view of neighbors and/or may have the intention to live in. (Still don't agree as it's his OWN land)
Not right IMO.
Peace

I agree 100%
My point was that we are all aware of the law that says "Don't ask, we pull it down" and that includes on your own land.
My own feeling is that if its not bothering anyone else then they (council) should butt out! But that law exists and we all know about it. I just wish the guy who built it had asked first, then he'd have been able to finish it.
Farmers can get away without asking for planning permission if the intended use is to be a Barn. He should have made space for some cows etc

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Not right IMO.
Peace

I agree 100%
My point was that we are all aware of the law that says "Don't ask, we pull it down" and that includes on your own land.
My own feeling is that if its not bothering anyone else then they (council) should butt out! But that law exists and we all know about it. I just wish the guy who built it had asked first, then he'd have been able to finish it.
Farmers can get away without asking for planning permission if the intended use is to be a Barn. He should have made space for some cows etc

Well, it was intended for goats. Is there a difference with that in Council?

I don't know.

Peace

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
So enchanting! Wonderful architectual design and stunning stained glass windows. When can I move in?

top topics

join