It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston bomb suspect's name was on classified government watch lists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

(Reuters) - The name of one of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, was listed on the U.S. government's highly classified central database of people it views as potential terrorists.

But the list is so vast that this did not mean authorities automatically kept close tabs on him, sources close to the bombing investigation said on Tuesday.

www.reuters.com...

Then why the hell do we even have them?

Really?

Report: CIA wanted Boston suspect on terror watch list

www.usatoday.com...

The CIA,FBI,DHS after 9-11 all that was "suppose" to change hell the past 12 years we have been really "lucky".

Government intelligence is an oxymoron.

Yo CIA,FBI,DHS, and the US Federal Government?

edit on 24-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

THANK YOU!!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

With that i can safely say it was a false flag a test for the Marshall law. See my earlier thread on here.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Agreed.
The security state doesn't keep us secure and isn't worth the price of liberty.
Response to an actual incident I can understand and even agree with.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well, if they would just have suspected terrorists on that list..

And took people like you and me off..

They would have a better success rate....

Hard to check a list when EVERYONE is on it!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Star and Flag Neo
they put heros like Willian Rodreguez and children on the no fly list,
but 911 hyjackers and bombers get in

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

RT carried it too. They apparently tipped US off...

rt.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Here is a wild, and whacky thought;

How about fixing what you already have government instead of granting yourselves more power so you can epically drop the ball?

When I read this I am seriously irate.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
What is the watch list for if it isn't being watched? So many innocent people are harassed more than the actual ones who would do us all harm. If one agency isn't talking to the other it is a joke, the bad guys know this and use it. But someone who crosses the border and has nothing but a 'name' that raises their flags and causes them to be treated like a criminal is right?

My daughter crossed the border to the states from Canada quite a few years back (after 9/11) on her own, scared me to death, to see her boyfriend who was injured during a hockey game in Pittsburgh and she was searched and her car emptied for nothing because the man i married, who is now deceased had a surname that originated in the middle east (his father Jewish, his mother from England), she is blond haired blue eyed.

That is my rant and my opinion of what/why it happened.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Time had an article about Joe Biden stating "We're Not Bending to Terrorism", if it just happens that the Boston Bombings are another false flag or self imposed terrorist attack for ungodly reasons, then yes Biden is correct. We're Not Bending to Terrorism, because we sponsored it:

newsfeed.time.com...

Yep the government is trying very hard to get people to do what they and/or corporations want, currently they want me to start working out or something - it's mind and power games they play.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Remember.

This is under Obama's watch.

Wheres the Media and the scrutiny that is warranted? God only knows if this was George Bush, or a Republican President.

S&F

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

It is are our intelligence agencies that inept or is it really something else?

In 2008 the refusal to even acknowledge "terrorism" and re labeling it "man caused disasters" and "work place violence".

I remember the words "the war on terror is over" turns out as most already knew it is still going strong.
edit on 24-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I think Obama wants to be known as the President who stopped the "war on terror". He can try to relabel it, try to down play it but it is what it is. I hate using that phrase but its the truth. Its also Ironic that Gitmo is still open for business.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by neo96

I think Obama wants to be known as the President who stopped the "war on terror". He can try to relabel it, try to down play it but it is what it is. I hate using that phrase but its the truth. Its also Ironic that Gitmo is still open for business.

Given the Fort Hood shooting,Benghazi,and now Boston hasn't stopped anything. The "war on terror" has never been about anyone one group it is an ideology.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by neo96

Remember.

This is under Obama's watch.

Wheres the Media and the scrutiny that is warranted?

Honestly, where is Obama this past week?

He seemingly has far less to say about this than Newtown. Admittedly, there were less people killed in Boston but more were affected since it shut an entire city down for five days..

I want to see/hear about consequences and repercussions within the administration and the intelligence community.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

I want to see/hear about consequences and repercussions within the administration and the intelligence community.

Honestly Kosmic, As long as it doesn't fulfill some "agenda" he can manipulate for his own Administrations gain, you wont hear anything from him. Lip service is the best we can expect.

And look. I am very hard on Obama. I would be as hard on any President that has decided that the "polarization" of this Country, will bring this Country closer together.

edit on 25-4-2013 by sonnny1 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Honestly Kosmic, As long as it doesn't fulfill some "agenda" he can manipulate for his own Administrations gain, you wont hear anything from him. Lip service is the best we can expect.

Yep I highly doubt He would ever make a comment about "clinging to guns, and religion" about the Tsarnaev brothers.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

"But the list is so vast that this did not mean authorities automatically kept close tabs on him, sources close to the bombing investigation said on Tuesday."

That's awesome. Here we are thinking they're actually competent,
"oh no, we might be on a list for thinking."

Meanwhile they can't actually keep track of it. Brilliant.

What do they expect to accomplish with having a list of names? Just for something like this?

Oh well, your name is on the list, it just doesn't matter until your dead and labelled a terrorist.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Hey guys, as long as there is a long list of "potential" terrorists there will be a long list of intel payroll.

Money money money money!

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Oh well, your name is on the list, it just doesn't matter until your dead and labelled a terrorist.

Scary Scary Thought.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join