It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MoM says... eat at Wendy's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Mods:
Posting under 'Food & Cooking' because, well... the people this is based on sell food.
Please move to another forum as needed.
--------///--------

A few nights ago, my better half came home with a sack of Wendy's burgers. As fast food goes, there are worst choices and it was late.

The next morning when I got up (about 5:30 am) and saw the bag this meal came in still sitting on the counter. The wrappers and such had made the trash can but due to the late hour... the sack survived.

In the morning eye, things can (and often do) take on unique shapes because your brain is still booting up and your sight is somewhat twisted from the dream state. But upon closer examination, I realized that what I was seeing... and never saw before, was indeed there.

Okay, before I go any further, here's a little history. The following image shows the old Wendy's girl... who is, according to legend, a representation of founder Dave Thomas' fourth child, Melinda Lou "Wendy" Thomas.
To her right is the NEW Wendy's girl...

Now, what I saw is there on the new girl but first, let's do how Miss Wendy has changed.

From the little pig-tailed girl who might be (according to my opinion) about 10-12 years old, the rework is of a young woman about 21-25.

Finally, before I load up the last pair... do you see it on the new girl?

Hmmm?

Here's the same image of the new Wendy's girl from the sack on my counter and another from a drinking cup...

McDonald's has long aimed their advertising at the kids. You know, if Mom is driving them around in the family SUV and they see the Golden Arches, they immediately think Happy Meals and good old Ronald.

It works well... as most any parent will tell you.

But here we have a different approach... instead of appealing to the children...

Look right under new Miss Wendy's chin, her collar, as it were. It says...

MoM

Nice bit of subliminal advertising from where I sit.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
wendy's is the only fast food i enjoy. everyone else food taste like poop to me.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Good eye. Good catch.
Subliminal messages are everywhere.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isittruee
Good eye. Good catch.
Subliminal messages are everywhere.

TYVM

I don't recall exactly when the logo was changed but a few old stories on the web suggest that it was just a year or so ago.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I just see the turtle neck! No, I see what you're seeing on the bag and cup. But, there is probably a logical explanation. Then Wendy's trying to get our mamas to shop there. Man that would be awesome because I love Wendy's.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Has anyone ever noticed the arrow in between the E and the X of the Fedex logo?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Yes I think there is a logical explanation. I think it is meant to say mom. McDonalds and Burger King pretty much have kids menus locked down. Wendys realizes this. Have you ever heard a toddler ask for Wendys over McDs? I haven't. So why go for a customer base that you aren't going to get? I can't sell ice to an eskimo. Know what I mean? You know if I made a thread and said scratch your nose randomly in the middle of my post you'd scratch it within five minutes.

Subliminal messaging does work.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Isittruee

I would have to look at this more from a skeptical perspective. There are websites and what not that will have or claim to have evidence of pictures of videos of Subliminal messaging. Like Snopes would be great place to look up anything of that nature.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

The arrow. Yea. There is a site with a bunch of them, but the internet on my phone is junkie so I can't find it.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Its a marketing scheme. Its in plenty of logos. See post with FedEx logo.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I don't think that was intentionally done. You definitely cannot see the word "mom" in the colored logo. When it's printed only in one color is when the word "mom" appears. I don't think they would gain anymore patrons, because most people don't analyze a companies logo unless their career is in marketing or advertising.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Wendy's sucks now...

They changed the pickles on their hamburgers from dill to sweet!

I'll never eat there again...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I've noticed it because I worked as a graphic designer for 10 years. I'm always looking at logos. I always thought the Fed Ex logo was neat. In fact I didn't catch the arrow the first time I saw their logo. Subliminal symbols in logos most often relate what the business is all about. (The arrow symbolizing, express, one way).

That's why I don't think the "mom" on the new Wendy's logo was done intentionally. I just think their logo was getting outdated and they wanted to update it and give it a cleaner look.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Not only did they age her, they took her eyelashes away and made her nose into a bird. I can see the "Mom" on all of them - thanks for pointing it out. I haven't been inside a Wendy's in years, but now I must go - Mom commands it.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Thanks to all who replied!

Here's a little addendum/epilogue to the story...

I decided to call the local Wendy's where our order was purchased and ask for the manager. Unfortunately, they weren't available but I got what I THINK was an assistant or shift manager. I explained what I had found and while we were on the phone, fully expecting to be hung-up on, lol. (Conspiracy theorists are the black sheep of the world right now!)

Anyway, the person on the line with me took the time and looked at what I was talking about. Her reply was "OMG, you're right! It says MoM!" With that, I closed the conversation with a 'thank you, so I know I am not crazy' comment.

I wonder how just many people had noticed this up until now and... did the sales for Wendy's experience a positive result from the logo change?

This one goes into the book of deep, dark secrets that we will be talking about for the next century

Thanks again, yall!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

o-> or♂

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

S&F for a good catch. Subliminals have been in use since before the "Mad Men" era (1960's).

Wendy's food is still edible.

I'm old enough to remember when McDonald's Big Mac was delicious.
I tried one a couple of years ago, for old time's sake. Not only could I NOT finish it, it was all I could do not to ralph it up.

The quality of the ingredients have changed drastically over the years. The Big Mac I remember was made from 100% pure decent beef -- not bolstered by "pink goo." Even the quality of the bread has gone down hill.

McD's flagship was their fries, but 20+ years ago they changed the fat they used, it's never been the same since.

And the prices now -- for junk fast food.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

Not only that, but Big Mac's are smaller too. But yeah, The fries are not as good as they were when I was a kid. I remember a decade or two ago I believe it was a Hindu group who sued McDonalds after finding out that they used beef lard in their frying oil.

Of course, McDonalds rolled over and changed their oil. Ruined the best french fries on the planet too. With that being said I have to be very desperate to eat fast food these days, but If I do I eat Wendy's or In & Out Burger which is a notch higher then McDonalds or Wendys. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
reply to post by AuranVector

Not only that, but Big Mac's are smaller too. But yeah, The fries are not as good as they were when I was a kid. I remember a decade or two ago I believe it was a Hindu group who sued McDonalds after finding out that they used beef lard in their frying oil.

Of course, McDonalds rolled over and changed their oil. Ruined the best french fries on the planet too. With that being said I have to be very desperate to eat fast food these days, but If I do I eat Wendy's or In & Out Burger which is a notch higher then McDonalds or Wendys. ~$heopleNation

Thanks for the backstory on why McD changed their french fry oil. What a pity.

Lard makes the best flakey pie crust too, especially for savory pies (like meat pies). Lard is also a traditional key ingredient in TexMex refried beans.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It certainly is intentional. Most have no idea how much goes into "brand building". It is probably one of the most crucial parts of business, creating a brand identity...and that includes colors, logos, images, fonts used, etc.

The thing about Wendy's is that their burgers aren't frozen. They can do this, because any leftover burger meat gets made into chili...
Clever actually.
edit on 29-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join