It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does the Goverment Want to Take Away Your Freedoms?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
As an Aussie new to the board, I've read an inordinate number of posts by people who believe that the US government's ultimate goal is to remove Americans' freedoms and rights but no-one ever explains why they want to do this.

I really would like to hear people''s theories on why they think this is the government's intention and what it is hoping to achieve by doing so?

Is it a Democrat thing or are the Republicans hoping to do the same when they re-take office next?

Are other organisations pulling the Presidential strings? What's their story?

Who will it benefit in the long run?

Will it be a forever type situation or can it be changed at the next election or won't there be anymore elections?

Will it happen globally or just in America? Should we in Australia start worrying?

Just an overview would be great, and feel free to add links to support your theories, I am happy to do some reading.

I'm just trying to get my head around this. Please help to edjucate a poor, ignorant foreigner. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Archie

Be careful, this rabbit hole runs deep, and it has a lot of twists, turns, and detours.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Its been the long observed nature of governments and the nature of the type of folks that to often gravitate toward government posts.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Will it happen globally or just in America? Should we in Australia start worrying?

How are things in Australia?
A second question,what made you join ATS?

I'm always full of questions. Some times I ask them out loud and some times I keep em for myself. I hope you don't mind.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Archie

Guess it kind of depends on your perspective. I believe the most logical reason the government keeps trying to take more and more of our freedoms is so that they can take more and more of our money. There are always monetary amounts (in the form of increased taxes, fines and fees) attached in some way, shape or form to every leglislative change they (the govt) make. If you want to know the truth about why any governing body does what they do just follow the money- money doesn't lie!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archie

Any country that currently exists is a potential haven for a freedom-less society.
Terrorists don't take away freedoms, politicians do.

Australia is in the thick of it, you are apart of Echelon, a joint multinational program.
That was probably a step.

Why do they want to take freedoms? Control, it really is that simple.

A free man will be less inclined to help you build your control grids if there's no incentive.
In this case, incentive being, not going to jail.

They want to be Kings.
Except unlike the old days where there was one, they've learned they can have a thousand kings instead.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Yep with all the platitudes we hear and on a regular basis its easy to forget about just how powerfull that the money factor is in what forms the nature of things, motives, conclusions ect. Its not called the kingdom of momon for nothing.

edit on 24-4-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Archie

So that people will be ever more dependent upon, enslaved by, and subservient to, the institution.

That is where it gets its power: by control.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Government should be a state of consentual governance (control) of the people ("by and for the people" according to Lincoln). However, government as an institution (separate from the people) has a natural tendency to grow and as it does it requires more money (taxes, tarrifs, fines and confiscated property) to operate. Concomitant with this acquisitiveness and redistribution of the people's wealth is a tendency to increase its control of the people. This tendency can even change (dare I say "corrupt") its values. For example, it was not that long after we formed a constitutional government that the same government restricted citizens' rights via the Alien and Sedition Acts. As government power grows along the continuum from "power to absolute power" so will its desire to take away the rights and freedoms of the governed to insure its (not your) safety and continuity as an institution.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It's NOT the Government...

It's also not just in America.

Satan and his Illuminati are everywhere.

"We cannot understand the world until we appreciate that most leaders are traitors and that mankind is victim of a diabolical conspiracy on an unspeakable scale. It's time we stopped fighting each other and addressed the real enemy." ~ Henry Makow

One group and one group alone is responsible for virtually all wars and bloodshed on the face of this planet. The Synagogue of Satan

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Because they are up to no good
And they don't want anyone finding out
And if anyone does find out
They don't want you able to do anything about it

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The government which has been shown in the US to be installed (see the vote fraud convistions in ohio GWB's secont installation as an example, or the chimp hacks voting machine vid on youtube ) so is likely illegitimate and governments like the shaw of Iran which were installed to replace a legitimately elected government
HATE US FOR OUR FREEDOMS

everything follows from that

PS just watching that scene in the movie Ghandi where the Brits kill all those unarmed peacefull people who wanted home rule and were haveing a day of fasting and pray in responce to the british application of homeland security....
it was the day a british "anti terrorism" act took effect - a peacful sitin was of course TERRORISM

edit on 24-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
As you can see already, this one question is likely to garner a wide range of responses.

Ultimately though, I think the general concensus is to have more control over a population.

Personally, I believe that "rights" and "freedoms" in America are just an illusion put there to make people feel all warm and fuzzy and make people think they have some control over their lives. Things like the right to vote, free speech, bear arms, all of them can be taken away at any time if you piss off the wrong people, or exercise these rights in the "wrong way". And they are not really rights if they can just be taken away on a whim.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Ask a TSA agent how much they love a little power..
Now, times that by x 7billion.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oceanborn

How are things in Australia?
A second question,what made you join ATS?

I'm always full of questions. Some times I ask them out loud and some times I keep em for myself. I hope you don't mind.

Things in Australia are crap as both sides of politics toadies to big business, driving down wages and conditions to maximise profits for their masters: the Market and CEOs of big companies. I don't believe trickle down actually works.

I joined ATS because I like to keep an eye on what the American government does as we are a close ally and, as a former political science student, I love international relations and what the government's actions or thinking might be on any particular incident that affects it as there's a chance it will impact me as well (we can be copycats out here, policy-wise).

ETA: Not sharing is fine, btw. Sometimes the most deeply held convictions are not meant to be spoken.

But this is meant to be about you not me. Just remember, I'm not a shill, I'm an Australian...

edit on 24-4-2013 by Archie because: .

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Archie

I don't know if its taking away our freedoms or our rights, for example we have the right to bear arms in this country but if you take that away, then they make take the freedom of speech just so they have control of you.

Like someone mentioned its about the money, what groups would profit if they elimanted any of our freedoms and rights, I believe if they take our weapons and show up at your home and say we are now taking your land because there is oil on your property, you can't defend you land or speak about it since they took that right away.

Some think all people need to be under control and do as they say or else.

take a look at the link on who supported our current occupant in the White house, the one that stands out the most to me is the think tank group called CNAS.

Look at the info and see what you think

Obama Supporters 2012
edit on 24-4-2013 by 19KTankCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
It isnt necessarily that governments want to take freedoms. I believe that by and large that is just a side effect.

Government and agents of government (bureaucrats, politicians, lobbyists, media, etc...) just want the same thing every working slob wants. To keep their job.

Unfortunately the easiest way for them to keep their jobs is to pander the lowest common denominator. Not in terms of people or groups of people but in terms of wants and ideas.

You cling to the news because the news makes you feel unsafe. You cling to politicians because politicians make you feel safe. This spins off into more bureaucracy, more cops, the strengthening of the "police state", the enriching of lobbying groups, and right back to feeding the simultaneous duality of a population that feels both safe and unsafe all the time.

Maybe there truly are some creepy super-villain types out there up in a dark castle ruling the world for whatever reason but I dont think so. What I do think is that stupid and frightened people just enable other stupid and frightened people to lock them into chains for their own good.

"Government" in the all-encompassing bureaucratic police state sense doesnt want to take your freedoms. It just wants to keep its job. It just so happens that taking your freedoms helps it keep its job.

So everyone do yourself and your neighbors a favor: stop being such frightened dependent little bitches!
edit on 24-4-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
TPTB want to be able to do what they want without have to obey the rules. It could be government, corporations, secret societies, or individuals who want to be dictator. People communicating with each other prevents them doing illegal or immoral things. Armed people can rebel. Search warrents and personal property get in the way of taking what they want. Not having to testify against yourself is irrelevant because you are guilty. Trials take to long and waste money.
They use enviromental terror, economic terror, food terror, violent terror, any terror to further thier goals!
Power/control is the goal. Money is only a tool.
It would be so much easier to make everyone a slave, housed in concentration camps and fed barely enough to keep them working!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magister
TPTB want to be able to do what they want without have to obey the rules.

Reeally sorry, but what is TPTB? Told you i was unedjucated...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magister
Power/control is the goal. Money is only a tool.
It would be so much easier to make everyone a slave, housed in concentration camps and fed barely enough to keep them working!

Scary thought... so it's kind of like economic Darwinism, dog eat dog, those with the most power do everything they can to hold on to it and may the fattest man win? The survival instinct gone absolutely frigging crazy?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join