It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient animals rediscovered at Gobekli Tepe?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 11andrew34

"So because of that article you would have found it with a simple image search, but it was not an example of something from Gobekli even according to the source that posted it; it was just something they were using for comparison."

Yeah but the pictures at Gobekli are still pretty stunning, amazing for 12,000 years ago!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
What I dont understand when we look at the past, why we believe that everything humans
happened to draw, carve, paint, etc was based on fact, their observations. As if humans of the past didnt have
the same capabilities of making up imaginary stories of monsters, aliens, creatures like we do today.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I wonder if his is the site where Noah's Ark was constructed ?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Fourth Pic:

"This Australian rock painting utilized the distinctive Aboriginal X-ray style, showing the internal bones and organs. The largest and main figure at the top is a Creation Ancestor known as Namondjok. To the right is Namarrgon, or Lightening Man, who generates the tremendous lightening storms that occur during the rainy season. The arc around his body represents the lightening, while the axes on his head, elbow, and feat are used to split the dark clouds, creating thunder and lightening. The female figure beneath Namondjok is Barrginj, the wife of Lightening Man, while the people below her, elaborately dressed, are perhaps on their way to a ceremony"(Strayer 15).

Strayer, Robert W. Ways of the World, 2nd Ed. [S.l.]: Bedford Bks St Martin'S, 2012. Print.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
I was recently watching a documentary on Gobekli Tepe... which is an ancient Neolithic sanctuary discovered in 1994 by an old Kurdish shepherd in Turkey.

That is questionable, just so everyone knows that is the mainstream archaeologist and scientific standpoint. And to note the mainstream archaeologist and scientific standpoint was proven to almost always be wrong in history no matter how many people believed it was right, so it is very likely that this explanation is wrong.

This site is apparently dated to around 12,000 years ago... which means it predates any known history of our species... So much for the 6000 year old earth theory...

While watching I noticed a bunch of stone carvings of animals... and some of them are rather strange to say the least...

Is it possible these are depictions of animals that haven't existed for thousands of years?

Heres a few more, plus we might even be seeing a depiction of what the people of the area looked like in this picture...

archaeologists working on the site say they've only uncovered about 5% of the area thus far, meaning there will be a lot more to come in the future from this discovery...

Personally I can't wait to see what else has yet to be found

I would say your mind is hallucinating, but there are points left out that are still intriguing.

There actually is an 'alien' carving on the site.

And this is what the people of that time looked like.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
reply to post by Akragon

humourous comment aside, no4 is from Catal Huyuk irrc, and in no5, the first, second and fourth are surely celtic, though the second may be norse.

edit on 24-4-2013 by skalla because: rtypod

I also noticed this -- they're not all from the same site. I wasn't sure why they were being associated with Gobekli Tepe.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I've long been interested in Gobekli Tepe too. We may never know all the species of life that existed in the beginning of creation. The post would of been better if you had tried not throwing your attack on those that believe in a literal 6 day creation some 6,000 years ago.
The truth is, scientists that believe in evolution of all creation really don't know much as they claim. This is evident by their changing 'facts'. If something is a fact, it's not going to change.
Too often speculation and an agenda are given in these documentaries, ruining what could be a good program.

I really wish alot of you antichrist members here on ATS would go out and do your own research, without an agenda and letting your blind pursuit of knowledge blind you from accepting what's right in front of your eyes. That there is a God and God created the universe and all life.
In the beginning there were what we call dinosaur living with men. Dinosaur is a combination of two words and means terrible lizard. It's not absurd to say man lived with such creatures. It is absurd to blindly believe these atheist scientists just because you like how they preach to you their version of the truth.

edit on 29-4-2013 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

there are countless scientists who are also christians and would never accept the idea of the earth being six thousand years old or the laughable suggestion that dinosaurs and men co-existed. geology, paleontology, science and god can get along, as long as those from the far end of either side stop getting all shouty.
the so called bible age of earth is a modern creation and quite a pointless piece of dogma, wholly unhelpful to the credibility of christianity.
edit on 29-4-2013 by skalla because: typo

<< 1  2   >>

join