It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W Bush's Approval Rating Increased!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

The view of George W. Bush's presidency has improved with time, according to a CNN/ORC International Poll. Forty-two percent now say his presidency was a success, up 11 points since a CNN poll in January 2009, during his final days in office.

Fifty-five percent of those questioned say Bush's presidency was a failure, down 13 percentage points since 2009.

CNN.com

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

Honest question here, from a Canadian.. Do you truly believe GWB is a better president than Obama? If so, why?

Do you like how he had a tougher stance against "terrorist" and called them out for what they were?
The fact he didn't make America look weak, after the 9/11 incident?
That fact he was a Republican and never tried to gun-grab?

Thanks.
edit on 24-4-2013 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Time erases all critical thinking---apparently.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
My, how people forget what he, Cheney, and Rumsfeld started. Not to mention, creating and/or taking part in the whole 9/11 operation in the first place, stealing elections, etc.

People do have short memories. They hate Obama now and are wishing for these significantly worse criminals to be back in office.

edit on 24-4-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I'm not a Bush fan..... I do like Bush beans but not sure how that matters....

Do you like how he had a tougher stance against "terrorist" and called them out for what they were?
The fact he didn't make America look weak, after the 9/11 incident?
That fact he was a Republican and never tried to gun-grab?

But to be honest.... Yes, Yes, Yes

Obama is a joke, Bush was also. Honestly I'd take Bush over Obama anyday if I had the choice~ I'd even take Clinton for that matter.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
bammy is the worst "president" this country has ever had. 2nd worst being bush 2. 3rd worst wilson 4th worst fdr and rounding out my top 5 carter.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I think all this poll shows is how short the average Americans memory is. Its really pathetic. That and I also think Obama operates a little bit more stealthy than ol Dubya.

The only thing I miss from Dubya being the president is the stupidity of the things he would say. Like:

"Do you have blacks, too?" --to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001

"I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees." --on "Good Morning America," Sept. 1, 2005, six days after repeated warnings from experts about the scope of damage expected from Hurricane Katrina

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." --Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000

"I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound largemouth bass in my lake." --on his best moment in office, interview with the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag, May 7, 2006

"They misunderestimated me." --Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"You forgot Poland." --to Sen. John Kerry during the first presidential debate, after Kerry failed to mention Poland's contributions to the Iraq war coalition, Miami, Fla., Sept. 30, 2004

"Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter." --in parting words to world leaders at his final G-8 Summit, punching the air and grinning widely as those present looked on in shock, Rusutsu, Japan, July 10, 2008

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." --Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002

"So what?" –President Bush, responding to a an ABC News correspondent who pointed out that Al Qaeda wasn't a threat in Iraq until after the U.S. invaded, Dec. 14, 2008

"Can we win? I don't think you can win it." --after being asked whether the war on terror was winnable, "Today" show interview, Aug. 30, 2004

"I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace." --Washington, D.C. June 18, 2002

"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office." --Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008

"There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once, shame on --shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again." --Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

"You work three jobs? ... Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." --to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I laughed.

No GWB was no better than Obama- But after thinking that nobody could be as be as bad as Bush- And then getting Obama (Bush 2.0) I appreciated W a whole lot more (and thus understand the approval rating- And think its funny as hell)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
What else would you expect?
Over time, peoples' emotions and reactions mellow, and hind-sight as they say is 20-20, so...?

People also forgot things like:
- Democrats put the USA in Vietnam and an impeached Republican got us out.
- Democrats were against the Civil Rights movement....
So your point is?

edit on 4/24/2013 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Is it bad... I have that man's Voice permanently embeded in my head.... I swear I can hear bush stating all these.... It was a very good laugh... Prolly didn't help I put his voice on my GPS either =_=

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

At least Obama can spell Potato...

What blows my mind is that people believed he was actually running the country...

I would bet he could barely tie his own shoes....

Velcro FTW

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Sad there are still people keeping score like living up to bush or being at the same level is an accomplishment which is tit for tat mentality . Bush did this, bush did that, well sorry to remind you bush isn't president anymore his policies have been extended and added too by the same people who clapped at the guy who threw a shoe at him. seriously its 2013 get the hell over it. When you have to remind us of how bad a president was it just shows how bad the current president is

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

At least Obama can spell Potato...

What blows my mind is that people believed he was actually running the country...

I would bet he could barely tie his own shoes....

Velcro FTW

that was dan quayle lol you may want to hit the edit button on this post

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

nah... i'll leave it...

Simple excuse for ignorance... Im Canadian...

Plus bush still has the IQ of a toaster oven... I've heard some of his speaches

edit on 24-4-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Bush makes me laugh more than obama .
I like the simpleness of him

Classic

Duke

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

George Walker Bush was a good president, in fact, I think his only real failure was his attempt to appease the left. Massive pork barrel projects were worked into military funding bills. Yes, funding and equipping our troops was of utmost importance, but he allowed the left to play politics with American lives. He sought to install more moderate conservatives at the Supreme Court, and I believe that he felt a since of duty to every American, not just his constituents. He is probably one of the most humble presidents this country has known in modern times- yet, he is castigated as an unabashed cowboy that operated in defiance of the left and with disregard to national law. I believe that history will eventually look fondly on him.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by onthedownlow

George Walker Bush was a good president,

What about sub-prime mortgages? or do you blame that on the banks? Honest question.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

George W Bush's Approval Rating Increased? you must be joking fellow canadian whom they pulled? John McCain supporters?

You forget to add the article.
edit on 24-4-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
I'm not a Bush fan..... I do like Bush beans but not sure how that matters....

Being a fan of Bush beans does matter. Don't think otherwise.
edit on 24-4-2013 by ThisToiletEarth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Embarassed we're from the same country............let me assure the other ATSer's out there extremely few Canadians think this way...........

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Where is that "do you miss me yet" bill board? again
nostalgia always seems to hanker for a distant time long ago in a land time forgot
that never existed

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join