It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alleged Leader Of Hacking Group 'LulzSec' just arrested in Austrailia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Leader of anonymous....LOL

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

Information being private is not always in the interests of the general populace. Sometimes the laws protecting such information can be wrong too. We live in the information age and knowledge is power. Who wants to control the information.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

It is like saying they caught the "leader" of all the mice in New York City....

Sure you caught the biggest fattest one but he has a million more to take his place.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Aaah, so reality turned from virtual real all of a sudden, ey!?

Though I support freedom on the net, wikileaks and that jazz, I cant help to visualize how they storm his murky appartment, making him spill diet Mr. Pibb all over the keyboard, trying helplessly to get up from his severly worn-out office chair but his legs are not used to support his body with no warning so he falls over into a pile of empty doritos bags and cookie dough tubes where he lays, arms and legs flailing like a bug in its back

No, I am being extremely prejudiced here but it is just for the LULZ

Seriously, I think he is gonna squel like a pig. The rest of anon better get their firewalls up. He was probably tracked down by an ex-anon member anyway...
However, you can't cut the head of that hydra without it growing ten more. I find it short from amazing that they actually found someone to crack down upon... He must have been very careless lately with his electronic footprints or sumfin.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
[sarcasm: ON level: MAX]

Originally posted by Agent008
This is terrible!
Leave the hackers alone all they are trying to do is protect you from your own government that is trying to kill you!
Wake up man!!
Know your enemy.

Are hackers our only defence???

You mean the same kids (aka trolls) that infest 4chan, who writes "TLDR" and who trades real life experience and education for inforwars and WoW? They are our only hope??

My GOD we're screwed!!!

edit on 25-4-2013 by Raud because: sarcasm-o-meter

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
Wow! This is a HUGE arrest.

It really isn't that huge.

LulzSec have never been that impressive, and have been dox'd a few times. They're not the skilled 'insider group' that the media keep making them out to be, and often media reports / police statements are trying to cause division in other groups by spreading disinfo.

The reason they could never sustain an attack on any organization or target is they simply weren't capable of it. They often run around looking for vulnerabilities all over the internet but not with any real focused purpose. When they found something interesting they used it and claimed it was for some specific purpose. Some of their most successful moments were vulnerabilities supplied by other hackers / groups.

The reason the media, police, and companies involved aren't honest about this is because it would be admitting they were being embarrassed by amateurs, plus (as above) they're trying to cause division.

All just the unqualified opinion of a nobody.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join