posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Nothing people?

Sorry I threw a wrench in the works

Does anyone want more time?
Or shall I give up.

Not going to give up.

A couple of more clues,
The miwok and the jomon had a food stuff in common, that required extensive processing.
This food was traded over long distances for other commodities.
It was also a staple of many woodland native Americans even after the introduction of agriculture.
It was traded for a material that has been traded for tens of thousands of years.
The beaker folk got their start trading it,, the enigmatic people, the lapita,settled remote islands looking for it.
Homo erectus may have even island hopped in the eastern med trying to.find it.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks10

I was waiting for someone else to do it.I'm not giving up either.

Kimish,where are you buddy?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Acorns for obsidian

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

That is correct, but what is the hole in the rocks for?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

The hole was used for leeching/processing Acorns?

What is the significance of it's location? was it simply trade as I could imagine people would travel a fair distance for the opportunity to acquire some obsidian.

Fascinating lol I honestly didn't know they were edible and rated as such a valuable food source by our ancestors, again excellent thread op
this is great for learning and finding new things out.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Bring on the next one. I'm eagerly awaiting.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RAY1990

The hole was used for leeching/processing Acorns?

What is the significance of it's location? was it simply trade as I could imagine people would travel a fair distance for the opportunity to acquire some obsidian.

Fascinating lol I honestly didn't know they were edible and rated as such a valuable food source by our ancestors, again excellent thread op
this is great for learning and finding new things out.

Hello,
Yes, the hole is a place where someone ground acorns in the desert.
They are always by a source of running water, because the acorn meal has to rinsed free of bitter tannins.
There are two reasons this spot is significant, one is its been a very, very long time since there was any running water at this single family campsite.
And also the nearest source of acorns is almost 100 miles away, over a 10,000' pass, through these mountains.

In the course of this thread when I looked up a miwok burden basket, used for acorns,

I found this basket from madera county Ca,miwok, is actually
a Mono Lake Piute basket, they were the preferred basket for hauling acorns and where themselves traded across the mountains.
The Mono Lake Piute were the ones who made that grind hole.

That's all

It's Hans' turn

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Was dieses sein könnte?

This 'stone' has been analyzed by the scientists at Royal Academy of Science, the University of Arizona Geology department and additional research was done on it by the; Société Royale Belge de Géographie, Koninklijke Nederlandse Akademie van Wetenschappen, Academia das Ciências de Lisboa, Real Academia de Ciencias and the Accademia Pontificia dei Nuovi Lincei
edit on 28/4/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Nice Hans
I knew you would not make it easy

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

A hint

Altsteinzeitlich

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Was dieses sein könnte?

This 'stone' has been analyzed by the scientists at Royal Academy of Science, the University of Arizona Geology department and additional research was done on it by the; Société Royale Belge de Géographie, Koninklijke Nederlandse Akademie van Wetenschappen, Academia das Ciências de Lisboa, Real Academia de Ciencias and the Accademia Pontificia dei Nuovi Lincei
edit on 28/4/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

My instinct says ,
Early shell bead from south Africa , but beyond that I'm stumped , For now.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
We'll be discussing this topic on tonights ATS Live! Radio show. Join us!

Details here - www.abovetopsecret.com...

.... What an honor. Thank you very much.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I'm going to make a mad guess based on... absolutely nothing beyond I know it's paleolithic and I notice burn marks in one area and you say it's not "stone"... so my off-the-wall guess is that it's bone/antler and the "baseboard" (where you would put tinder) of a fire-starting drill kit

I am prepared to be totally embarrassed by how wrong this is.
edit on 28-4-2013 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Just looking at it,a piece of coral that was rounded and polished by a river or ocean waves.

Hmm,researching it now.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
To me it looks like an egg. Is it maybe a symbol of fertility, a fertility egg? made of keratin. The marring throws me off though...
edit on 28-4-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Nice call byrd

I recognise the pattern in the substrate of the object but can't pun it down.
There is a scaleish quality to the object

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I know you put 'stone' in quotes but, since I spotting the words 'geology' and 'géographie' among the institutions that studied it, is it perhaps a processed stone?

Since it's round and smooth, I guess it must either be from a coast or the lower course of a river... Also, since you're writing in German, I suppose it must be from Germany or Austria or some other German-speaking area. From Google, major rivers in Germany include the Rhine, the Weser, the Elbe, the Danube and the Oder, so I'll try guessing from there.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Well I have good news and bad news

This reportedly found in the late 18th century at the following site:

Bilzingsleben paleolithic site

What makes it interesting is that it has been claimed to be from a Machairontine Homotherium (scimitar-tooth cat) or a straight tusked elephant or a large extent beaver Trogontheirum cuvien

Taken probably from a site that dates around 390,000 to 320,000 years ago, it was obviously polished and as Byrd noted slight burned.

Now the image above may not be the item that was actually found. The find was recorded in
1791?? by the Annalen der Teutschen Akademien, Hrsg.: F.C. Franz, E.K.L. v. Scheler., Stuttgart, Leipzig

Yeah I know way to tough, sorry

The question it raises is why someone would cut and polish it, but it is an interesting 'art' piece. Some German sources call it the carbuncle rock, Hautentzündung Pickel

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

This is a place not far from my home.
I'm no archeologist, but this is a very interesting thread.
Thanks

This is my first attempt at posting pix, hope it works.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Hey Hans,
I knew you wouldn't make it easy,
I found references to the species of the
sample but couldn't find the original work, and didn't get to look any further.

If it is as old as it is it shows a sense of aesthetics, and therefore a high level of complex symbolic thinking, far far earlier than is being touted by the south African finds.
With the divergence of physically modern humans having been pushed back to 330k years ago, Mendez et al (2013), the current doctrine of modern human dispersals has to be re examined
I think it shows signs of being burned because its an unfinished bead. The hole was never finished.

Awsome one Hans

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join