posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:34 PM
Actually that 80% is now under 50% and dropping and that is why even the back ground check didn't gain any popularity, even with the Democrats.
Another reason is that the bill was stupid and loaded with much more than just an increase in background checks AND was brought forth in a way that
all would need to vote on it without reading it...lol
One also needs to ask why is the public support dropping like crazy. It is because the public is now aware of a few things that were wrong.
1. ARs have not been the problem
2. Magazine size doesn't matter
3. Back ground checks, or lack of, didn't play at all into any of the mass killings.
4. As someone already stated, honest people are tired of being told what or what not to do by our Government.
5. We see California and other states/cities with the toughest gun laws, but also have the highest gun crimes, and people DO understand the
correlation is that honest people are the only ones affected by gun laws.
6. People know that you can't stop crazy, stupid, extremist type people with ANY type of law or Legislative measures.
7. People are now more than ever aware of what the 2nd amendment is all about.
You are right... pro gun control is political suicide with either party.
edit on 24-4-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)