It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GDP Propaganda Exposed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Here's an interesting video of Peter Schiff explaining how the US government is going to give the countries GDP a boost.
Is it by creating jobs? boosting economic growth? Nope. It's by manipulating figures silly!
Need to boost your countries GDP? no problem! just change the criteria for what constitutes as investment and hey presto! you've got an increase of GDP.
It just goes to show how manipulated economic data is. If they're not happy with the numbers then they just change the formula until they've got positive data. Fake it til you make it.
It's widely known that unemployment figures are played with as well as inflation, and here's just more confirmation of just how doctored economic data is.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

I am an accountant by trade (not by education....legally you would call me a "Controller"). Before this, I was a statistician and reporting analyst.

A favorite phrase that I have used is, "FIgures don't lie, but liars can figure".

Typically you create a uniform code that dictates how you would handle the various accounts associated with a ledger (the US Gov has a HUGE balance sheet). Such uniform codes are standardized and prevent the manipulating of data fields and classifications. Seems that is not so on national economic scales.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

GDP Propaganda Exposed

The truth is currently being obfuscated with visions that America even still has a middle class, happily working at factories producing a GDP worth being proud of.

Truth: There is no more middle class. All their jobs and all the revenue it generated for the US economy, left for China and other shores. To even suggest that the US GDP is still worthy of viewing is well beyond the edge of credulity.

new topics

join