It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What it means to be created in the image of God

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

My responses were to show how we humans are too imperfect to be able to create a perfect world. You take my comment out of context.

I believe the words were "any world we can imagine". You're assuming we can imagine perfection, something we know nothing about because we're never satisfied. Perfection is the pursuit of a being who cannot tolerate vulnerability. There is nothing wrong with being incomplete - this gives you a direction, a purpose. When there is no more to be done or to be seen, then it is time to cease existing.
edit on 26-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You stated mentioning god and quantum mechanics in the same sentence is contradictory, nothing could be further from the truth.
He made the universe, it works by sub-atomic particles generating all matter and then breaking apart and then rebuilding again so fast man can not measure the frequency.
I stated the universe is a huge quantum computer created by yeshua and you asked were are my sources?

AND I SAW A SEA OF GLASS MINGLED WITH FIRE..........this is next to the throne and in my opinion they are trying to describe a large crystal phonic processor ,the fire are light beams or the internal workings of his creation, and we are in this creation that is controlled by heaven.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by supergravity

I don't see any individual entity of any gender being responsible for the creation of this universe.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

Originally posted by troubleshooter
reply to post by eleven44

While most understand 'image of God' to mean in form or relationship...
...I think that the 'image of God' resides in our function...
...this function being primarily our task of ruling over earth...
...a role we do not currently fulfil very well.

As another poster said it, I will reiterate it. We describe God to itself; just as our own children explain us. Problem, again where are my parents, and it is only ONE not the Male/female dynamic I should expect. WHERE IS MY MOTHER? Image of God, GKOD, GKOD, grokted you say is we are the custodial caretaker/docents of EARTH (our environs) we fail. Image of God, it is the other way around. It relies upon us to define ITSELF (that is the whole point in our creation).

I appreciate your heartfelt personal reflection...
...but I was referencing the meaning of the Hebrew phrase in Genesis...
...where it is usually interpreted to mean form/relationship but better understood to denote a role.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
What the bible means when it says that we are created in the “image of God” is that we have the capacity for the “word” and an eternal soul.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

reply to post by eleven44

While most understand 'image of God' to mean in form or relationship...
...I think that the 'image of God' resides in our function...
...this function being primarily our task of ruling over earth...
...a role we do not currently fulfil very well.

As another poster said it, I will reiterate it. We describe God to itself; just as our own children explain us. Problem, again where are my parents, and it is only ONE not the Male/female dynamic I should expect. WHERE IS MY MOTHER? Image of God, GKOD, GKOD, grokted you say is we are the custodial caretaker/docents of EARTH (our environs) we fail. Image of God, it is the other way around. It relies upon us to define ITSELF (that is the whole point in our creation).

I appreciate your heartfelt personal reflection...
...but I was referencing the meaning of the Hebrew phrase in Genesis...
...where it is usually interpreted to mean form/relationship but better understood to denote a role.

Are you saying that form unrealised unquantified (plasma) is defined ultimately by God; for its own purpose its denotion of a role? Why would Its own definition NOT come from this designation; seems plausible.
edit on 26-4-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
What the bible means when it says that we are created in the “image of God” is that we have the capacity for the “word” and an eternal soul.

You mean we are its mouthpieces or its devine EXPRESSION. Is that how you interpret WORD? The image of God is not a physical representation, it is metaphysical; as in a neverending eternal soul peice everlasting; if so we then are its best adjutants we tell it who it is and through us it grows in knowledge (we are sympatico supposedly). The trust factor seems to be missing; even with all forms of religiousity.
edit on 26-4-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
We are created in the image of the unknown
because we do not know the creator.
We cannot even be sure of our existence in general
because we do not know what reality truly is

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Can you explain that in deeper detail? What do you mean by 'capacity' and how does an eternal soul constitute as an image of "God"?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Hmmmm..... it has occurred to me that we may just be figments of God's imagination. Therefore, we were created in his "image"????

To really answer this question, one really needs to describe thier own description of God (providing there is a God). Personaally, I have a hard time believing there is an old guy with a white beard, somewhere "up" there, deciding if we are good or bad. And, if we are bad ones.....he throws us into the pit of fire & brimstone with the dude in the red suit with horns & a spaded tail....

Just saying....

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoonSage
Hmmmm..... it has occurred to me that we may just be figments of God's imagination. Therefore, we were created in his "image"????

Yes - man (a person) is dreamt by God.
There is only God.

God is the one who is ever present - but he dreams of time and he gets lost - lost in thought - lost in time. He appears to separate himself from the present image and lives in time. Man lives in a dream of separation.
Only when he realizes he is ever present will he remember and wake up.
edit on 27-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoonSage

To really answer this question, one really needs to describe thier own description of God (providing there is a God). Personaally, I have a hard time believing there is an old guy with a white beard, somewhere "up" there, deciding if we are good or bad. And, if we are bad ones.....he throws us into the pit of fire & brimstone with the dude in the red suit with horns & a spaded tail....

Just saying....

Oh yeah

In his image, in the image he had about us. Oh, so clear that sounds to me now. Not like God himself, but in the image he had about us, and he loves us. Oh my Goood. He likes everything about us. We're so loved

Oh yes, if we were created as who He is, why would Satan tempt Eve to become like Him then. Oh God.

::facepalm
edit on 27-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Oh no, now I get it,

We were created in his image. So God has an image, and therein we were created.

See, I don't get it anymore. all this holy trinitythingthing.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
Oh no, now I get it,

This is the only image - this one that is here right now - this image is God's image - it is made of light - the present.
Man appears in an image outside of presence (past/future) - in imagination - in time. But it is created in the one image that is appearing presently.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Yes therein we were created, but then he blew the breath of life into man's nostrils, so that gave man an extra dimension.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
god was created by man, and the image of god to humans, would naturally be in the image of man. to me, our creator might be more in line of a intelligent cancer being. cancer eats up humans and has been around since man was on this planet.....consider humans being raised to feed cancers, for one, no humans have ever found the cure for cancer, and two, there are plenty of "environmental feedlots" set-up for cancers to birth, grow, and spread.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Oh no, now I get it,

I wouldn't get it either if I had my fingers stuffed in my ears singing the Star Wars theme song while counting the hairs on my left big toe. Which is an approximate equivalent of what you've been doing.
edit on 27-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The Image of God is the material universe and we have (been) created within that image.

Everything else is causality, including the actions of us pitifully insignificant human beings on a world among trillions of other worlds.

If we destroy the planet and ourselves with it, it would not matter as we would then no longer be counted within the Image of God.

To think otherwise is just our hugely inflated ego talking.
edit on 27/4/13 by masqua because: grammar

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Gen 1:26..."Let US make mankind in OUR image, according to OUR likeness...."

Obviously a GROUP of beings at work here.

According to the Ancient Alien theory ( Sumerian and other ancient biblical texts), an advanced civilization of extraterrestrials came to Earth with the objective of creating a worker for needed labor. Ancient civilizations called these advanced beings Gods.

They took their own DNA and the DNA of the primate that was here and genetically engineered a hybrid worker; the human.

So the line "made in God's image" describes the DNA footprint binded into us through genetic engineering.
edit on 24-4-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

God is many things, King, Destroyer, the Forever Forgiving etc, I think therefore He adresses Himself sometimes as We, for a human being can worship Him in many forms.
edit on 25-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

No.

There are clearly multiple gods in the bible, and Lord God is definitely not God...

Look at he scriptures, especially in Genesis, where the dialogue is:

Lord God said, ".......", and then God said, "........"

There is no split personality disorder going on.

Lord God actually has conversations with God in the very beginning of Genesis, until God betrays him. The betrayal was genetically advancing, or 'enlightening' as ancient civilizations would call it, the humans.

We were created for slave labor solely, but 'God' began to sympathize with us, wanting to upgrade our intelligence..

Lord God got upset with this and scolded God, hence referring to him as an enemy, and adversary; aka a Satan...or Lucifer, meaning 'light bearer' because he 'showed us the light'.

From Genesis forward, God is called Satan, who was actually humanity's hero. He stood up to the tyrannical, maniacal, blood thirsty Lord God.

Think about it: Who kills more humans in the bible? Lord God or Satan?

edit on 27-4-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Gen 1:26..."Let US make mankind in OUR image, according to OUR likeness...."

Obviously a GROUP of beings at work here.

According to the Ancient Alien theory ( Sumerian and other ancient biblical texts), an advanced civilization of extraterrestrials came to Earth with the objective of creating a worker for needed labor. Ancient civilizations called these advanced beings Gods.

They took their own DNA and the DNA of the primate that was here and genetically engineered a hybrid worker; the human.

So the line "made in God's image" describes the DNA footprint binded into us through genetic engineering.
edit on 24-4-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

God is many things, King, Destroyer, the Forever Forgiving etc, I think therefore He adresses Himself sometimes as We, for a human being can worship Him in many forms.
edit on 25-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

No.

There are clearly multiple gods in the bible, and Lord God is definitely not God...

Look at he scriptures, especially in Genesis, where the dialogue is:

Lord God said, ".......", and then God said, "........"

There is no split personality disorder going on.

God is hearing the speaking. God heard that he could 'become' and then forgot that he IS.
God is just having a joke with himself.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join