It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if you woke up tomorrow and government was gone?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I live in the Caribbean. In the aftermath of a hurricane, I got a window in to a state without government, and it was ugly. Many people were not prepared in the least, in spite of us being one of the areas with the highest probability of getting hit.

People turn into scared, desperate feral creatures, and like most creatures, they are capable of any action to provide for their own survival and that of their pack or tribe.

If I woke up tomorrow and there was no government, my darlin' and I would prepare for our last stand. We would be inclined to share with some who have earned our trust, and we would expect that the hordes would come a-knockin'.

We know that we can live -- at least for a period of time -- on coconuts, because we have done it. We would encourage trade and mutual assistance, however I think the hordes would get us eventually; we wouldn't go down easily.

This has been a good ol' life -- fraught with peril as everyone else, but overall I don't feel our time has been wasted. The instant lack of government and structure in this country would probably see the majority being reduced to consuming mobs of people absent of personal identity.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Pretty cool thread, in that it presents a topic to be discussed rather than a "this is how it is and this is how i'm going to convince you it is that way" manner. lol

I share the sympathies of the OP. Libertarianism, hmmmm. I wouldn't go as far as to say libertarianism is 'everyone wanting the same thing' and thus that is how it manages to be successful. I think it's everyone respecting the privacy, safety, freedom, etc, of everyone else despite it agreeing or disagreeing with their own philosophies or judgements. I consider that there will probably always be someone who just wants to steal from another person, someone who might even have to survive or something similiar.

Anyhow, I think a libertarian society would find ways to deal with it's members that did not maintain libertarian philosophy and mindset.. But then again, would that not just be libertarians creating a government institution to function in a manner.. non-libertarian... Eh, sorry a bit of a brain fart just happened on that thought haha. If you follow my reasoning then, great.

I suppose there is good reason to create a structured separation of distinct government/social philosophies.. However much of a breeding ground for conspiracy it may be..

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

reply to post by eriktheawful

Freedom will not come without a greate cost. It might not even happen after millions have died.
Freedom will not happen peacefully, not with the mentality of our current society. There is to much anger, ego and hate for it to happen peacefully.

We have been pulled so far away from freedom by our government that we fear the cost of being released from it. The government is our bigest problem. It is the product created by our government that we fear. The product is the system of laws that create a harsh mentality within our society. The government have created a monster we all fear will be released.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

We fear the cost of being released from it for good reason!

We will never experience true freedom until every person can protect themselves from harm from all others, we all have a energy source we can manufacture independently and food/water we can manufacture independently. But, the main thing that would need be addressed is: Every person would need some type of mechanism to where another person CAN NOT harm them.

Without this evolution, we will NEVER have the freedom most of you dream of.

Ok so you are telling me that our governments prevent crime? Sorry, i must have been mistaken. There is no crime anymore. I had the impression there was. We should all be happy and live as nothing is happening.

Our government doesn't prevent ALL crime, but it does prevent and deter most! That can be plainly accounted for.

Why do you think people don't just walk up and assault you in broad daylight? Why do you think you are able to own any property? Are you 6'7" 300lbs with 2% body fat?

WHY DO YOU THINK YOU ARE FREE TO DO ANYTHING AND NOT GET ASSAULTED...BLATANTLY?

Government is the answer...as much as you hate to admit it (but will if you are being honest) Government is the reason for your decent lifestyle.

Have you ever been to prison...how would you fair there? Even though prison has a compromised system of government...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

reply to post by eriktheawful

Freedom will not come without a greate cost. It might not even happen after millions have died.
Freedom will not happen peacefully, not with the mentality of our current society. There is to much anger, ego and hate for it to happen peacefully.

We have been pulled so far away from freedom by our government that we fear the cost of being released from it. The government is our bigest problem. It is the product created by our government that we fear. The product is the system of laws that create a harsh mentality within our society. The government have created a monster we all fear will be released.

We fear the cost of being released from it for good reason!

We will never experience true freedom until every person can protect themselves from harm from all others, we all have a energy source we can manufacture independently and food/water we can manufacture independently. But, the main thing that would need be addressed is: Every person would need some type of mechanism to where another person CAN NOT harm them.

Without this evolution, we will NEVER have the freedom most of you dream of.

Ok so you are telling me that our governments prevent crime? Sorry, i must have been mistaken. There is no crime anymore. I had the impression there was. We should all be happy and live as nothing is happening.

Our government doesn't prevent ALL crime, but it does prevent and deter most! That can be plainly accounted for.

Why do you think people don't just walk up and assault you in broad daylight? Why do you think you are able to own any property? Are you 6'7" 300lbs with 2% body fat?

Government is the answer...as much as you hate to admit it (but will if you are being honest) Government is the reason for your decent lifestyle.

Have you ever been to prison...how would you fair there? Even though prison has a compromised system of government...

People dont just walk up to anyone on the street and assault them when they pass on the street. But if and when that happens there is no way in hell the government is going to be there to save you. You are more likely going to have to defend your self until help arrives. Then you can with the help of the governmental legal system prosecute the attacker. And if you have good lawyer you might be able to put the attacker in jail for a little while, and then the attacker will be out walking the streets again.

Property:

I can own property without a government. And i am more likely to actually owning my property without the government present. If we have to pay taxes on a property we own "anny property". We are not really the rightfull owners of that property. You are just a rightfull user of that property as long as you pay your taxes.

How can anyone demand a tax on a property they dont own?

Ask your government if they respect our human rights. They will say yes all the time. Then ask them what right they have to demand taxes on a property they dont have ownership of. I think its under section 17. where it is stated that only people have the right to own property.

It is also stated in the human rights that noone can create a law that applies to you without your consent.

The government is not the answer. The only answer is that you dont have a better solution to our problem than to have a government. Your not the only one who has this problem. But you are not educated to have a solution.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Our government doesn't prevent ALL crime, but it does prevent and deter most!
Oh? News to me. What about Bernie Madoff? What about Enron? What about my family's stake in Pennsylvania oil being stolen for $1? What about criminal military actions the USA is currently undertaking? What about the travesty that is the ongoing BP oil spill f***up? What about Monsanto suing farmers who were unlucky enough to have farms next to fields full of GMO corn, and now have genetically polluted crops? What about Fukushima? What about the fact that vacant homes outnumber homeless people in the USA? Those are all crimes that the Government has not prevented or deterred or even prosecuted properly after the fact.

That can be plainly accounted for.
not according to my numbers.

Why do you think people don't just walk up and assault you in broad daylight?
Because I'm practically invisible. I don't draw attention to myself.

Why do you think you are able to own any property?
Wait, you think you can own land? Don't pay the 'taxes' on it and see how much you own it.

Are you 6'7" 300lbs with 2% body fat?
No, I'm a bit rounder than that.

Because I know how this game works.

If you want to call it decent... I don't. I see Government as the puppet of corporations run by sociopaths, doing its level best to steal all it can from the mass of humanity. If you see a protector, you are indeed fearful of the wrong bad-guy.

I would hope to get solitary if I ever went to prison.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

In the Dark Ages there was terror and murder in all the lands, and this began after the disappearance of the ruling class and the division and warfare of fiefdoms and blurred lines of aggression

Billions of rounds of ammo, MWRAP, and new names (old uniforms) with many of the old agencies being closed and absorbed by this new faceless enemy of Americans

Yep, it sure seems that when they go away-they will go away-but what is coming should not be a surprise when Americans are paying for it

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
I guess I would have to start looking for a job!

…Amidst the gun fire??

Do you work for the government?

I do. So I kind of need it to be around!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join