It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if you woke up tomorrow and government was gone?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
MULTIPLE CHOICE ANSWERS
gun control wouldn't be in effect so there's at least a chance to defend yourself from about a 100million freaks
i'd move into the white house (probably with a 100million other freaks)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc

Wow, that's quite and exciting and scary thought...

Being free of the tyranny is the good part but with zero law and order it would be an anarchists field day, looting, home invasions, gang violence on a major level.

Certain groups shall we say would then try and set themselves up as a new state, religious war would break out.

Many have lost or never gained the skill to survive on their own, to survive without being told what to do, to survive without hand outs.

Tis a very daunting idea..

I agree, with our state of mind, freedom is just an illusion, a fantasy. No wonder people have faith in a religion. Some are hoping that Jusus will returne soon and free us from our hoples state of mind.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Rob7774

Agreed - I just read this book called "Wool" about a whole city/society living in an underground silo hundreds of years after some SHTF scenario...the book focuses on how some characters find out that the entire society is controlled not by the elected officials & small town-ish police - but by an evil shadow organization that guides everything the people do ... keeping them class segregated, ensuring that they live in fear of the outside, allowing violent uprisings every few generations, etc. All seemingly for no good reason other than being power hungry...

*spoiler below - if you want to read a good book go buy/borrow it and stop reading now*
then it is revealed that "They" are doing what is needed to keep the human race alive - their methods are sometimes brutal but without their secret guidance the people would eventually give in to human nature which is eventual self destruction. Even their existence being revealed would be disastrous...I won't give away everything though .... am reading the prequel "Shift Omnibus" now, it's even better than "Wool"

Anyway - it got me thinking that maybe there are things being done to us for our own good that we could only guess at ... or maybe not, I don't know

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
I guess I would have to start looking for a job!

…Amidst the gun fire??

Do you work for the government?

Unless you live in a very small, close knit community you’d be hard-pressed to carry on with a normal routine until the anarchy subsided. How long that would take is anyone’s guess.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'd make a huge BONFIRE

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The original post completely misunderstands the Libertarian attitude toward government.

There's a quote attributed to Francois Rabelais – "Nature abhors a vacuum." Political nature abhors a political vacuum. There is no such thing as "no government". There is *always* government, whether it's a large central government or a local warlord.

Look around at recent history. When a central government is toppled there is *always* a scramble between competing powers to establish their control. In the absence of re-establishment of central authority there is still government, even if it's just whichever local warlord happens to have the most AK47s (Somalia).

Libertarians understand this. Libertarians are *not* anti-government. Libertarians are pro small representative government that encourages:
* Self ownership
* Personal responsibility
* The Golden Rule
* Strong defense
* Non-initiation of force

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Detergent

The original post completely misunderstands the Libertarian attitude toward government.

Maybe I missed the mark…I really like many Libertarian ideals but some of the more vocal members among them are a bit alarming.

Look around at recent history. When a central government is toppled there is *always* a scramble between competing powers to establish their control. In the absence of re-establishment of central authority there is still government, even if it's just whichever local warlord happens to have the most AK47s (Somalia).

Exactly right and I pointed this out. Somebody will always be in charge and people will always be drawn to this. That was the point in the video! If the government was gone tomorrow many of us would be begging for it to come back.

My point in bringing up Libertarians was that no matter what party or philosophy we follow we will end up with the mess we have to today because people want to get behind a group and be led. I’m not being a defeatist but I’m just tired of the illusion that if we “just elect someone like RP or Gary Johnson” that somehow the size of government will decrease and things will be better. There simply aren’t enough people who WANT smaller government. We have become a dependent class to the elites and many are content. Libertarianism won’t save us because we (who want smaller government and more freedom) are a dying breed and the vision you outlined doesn't work because more than half of the people will abuse their freedom and infringe on others.

Libertarians understand this. Libertarians are *not* anti-government. Libertarians are pro small representative government that encourages:
* Self ownership
* Personal responsibility
* The Golden Rule
* Strong defense
* Non-initiation of force

I think this is a great outlook; one that I subscribe to. However, I think many Libertarians are much more like the sovereign citizen movement in their rhetoric and anti-establishment views. At least that’s the feel I get sometimes.

edit on 26-4-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I see some of you have no idea what "no government" would encompass. Even if it began as just no Federal government, State government would soon follow!

Some believe that if we did away with just Federal government and kept State government, there wouldn't be the lawlessness and looting and killing. You are correct, but only to a point. I'm going to step into the shoes of an ambitious bad guy for a minute.

My name is Kony Mandesu and I live in Florida. I'm part of a gang that's about 150 strong right now in my city. However we have other chapters in nearby cities/towns and even States. We're pretty well armed and respected in the underworld and occassionally one of my members makes the news for some violent felony.

The City and State police keep a pretty good wrap on us at the moment, we can't be too overt with our operations or we will get thrown in prison (though prison isn't the end of the road for us, we simply continue our lifestyle in prison). NOW...the issue is, the only reason city/state police can keep us in line is because they have FEDERAL backing!

There are more young, impressionable men out there willing to join my gang, than willing to become police officers (besides the fact the counties couldn't afford to pay them all). The last straw would be when we are able to consolidate and bully the actual prisons where members who have been convicted are held. When we are able to descend upon prisons and demand the release of our brothers or we will shoot up the entire place!!!!

Make, no mistake, the only thing stopping this from happening is FEDERAL cooperation. Local law enforcement would have no chance against Bloods, Crips, GD's, etc who have memberships numbering in the thousands to tens of thousands.

Imagine a society, which some of you desire, where soon as a druglord is arrested and placed in jail or prison......500 armed thugs show up and shoot the courthouse or jail or prison up? This is what we would have without Federal agencies.

The ONLY, and I should enlarge the font, the ONLY reason the United States is so successful right now is because they were smart enough to form a STRONG central government. Without it, gangsters such as Capone, Gotti, etc., would have never been brought to "justice". The local agencies were afraid and powerless against them.

Everyone hoping for a smaller Federal government should chew on this morsel for a while, then stubbornly admit that life without a powerful Federal government would suck.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
reply to post by eriktheawful

Freedom will not come without a greate cost. It might not even happen after millions have died.
Freedom will not happen peacefully, not with the mentality of our current society. There is to much anger, ego and hate for it to happen peacefully.

We have been pulled so far away from freedom by our government that we fear the cost of being released from it. The government is our bigest problem. It is the product created by our government that we fear. The product is the system of laws that create a harsh mentality within our society. The government have created a monster we all fear will be released.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

We fear the cost of being released from it for good reason!

We will never experience true freedom until every person can protect themselves from harm from all others, we all have a energy source we can manufacture independently and food/water we can manufacture independently. But, the main thing that would need be addressed is: Every person would need some type of mechanism to where another person CAN NOT harm them.

Without this evolution, we will NEVER have the freedom most of you dream of.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by gracesillups
reply to post by seabag

I would pack up and move out of the city. We could handle the anarchy and chaos that would happen, but an overall sense of ease and excitement would take over. I would think "oh thank god" and not have to worry about my future state of living. Local gov't and the community would step up and take over safety concerns (at least where I live).

And they all lived happily ever- after the regime fell and the locals took charge.

Local living communities would come together, I think, and we would have more peace amongst the citizens.
edit on 25-4-2013 by gracesillups because: changed a past tense verb

Nice dream but when will you take a look at reality...

You casually state that, "we could handle the anarchy and chaos". Do you really believe this? Do you have enough guns to keep your daughters, sisters, aunts/mothers from having to "service" every man that lays eyes on them? Are you proficent enough with guns and knives to keep the young men who form gangs from eating you? Are there enough of you for this? Are you young enough to where you can PHYSICALLY survive in such a environment?

You probably haven't considered these things...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Detergent

...I really like many Libertarian ideals but some of the more vocal members among them are a bit alarming.
... I think many Libertarians are much more like the sovereign citizen movement in their rhetoric and anti-establishment views. At least that’s the feel I get sometimes.

I hear you. It's the basic difference between anarchists and libertarians. Folks often show up at our Libertarian Party meetings with fairly off-the-wall anarchist views. Once they realize we aren't out to abolish the government they stop coming back.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Great points and nice narrative.

I must take exception with one point:

Everyone hoping for a smaller Federal government should chew on this morsel for a while, then stubbornly admit that life without a powerful Federal government would suck.

The real question is "How much government is too much?" Do you not think the current government is out of control and too big?? NDAA, ACTA, SOPA, Patriot Act, 17 trillion in debt, wasteful pork barrel spending, cronyism, etc. Is this what you think we need?

*Edit to add* Oh, and I forgot to mention - wars without congressional approval, election fraud, fraudulent executive orders, crooked Federal Reserve, etc.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

reply to post by DZAG Wright

Great points and nice narrative.

I must take exception with one point:

The real question is "How much government is too much?" Do you not think the current government is out of control and too big?? NDAA, ACTA, SOPA, Patriot Act, 17 trillion in debt, wasteful pork barrel spending, cronyism, etc. Is this what you think we need?

*Edit to add* Oh, and I forgot to mention - wars without congressional approval, election fraud, fraudulent executive orders, crooked Federal Reserve, etc.

Thank you!

As horrible as it sounds, our current society (and where we're heading) calls for as much government as possible. Reason being our society and populations (the body) are growing larger. Why would we want a large body with a small government (nervous system)?

The parts of the government we don't like, the waste, the regulations, etc., are all part of the matrix we have created. We either choose to participate or not, and deal with the consequence from each decision. The one thing we do need is to separate our government from corporations. We need to retake our government from corporate control and rigging.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

What government?
There hasn't been one since 1913 and even that is an assumption. I do agree with you on several points. There needs to be some order to things, and I would agree on the establishment of a United States Government in transparency. Meaning, instead of them surveiling us, we would be surveiling them.

But to do this we gotta get rid of the big problem known as the banks. This is mostly the peoples job and it can simply be done by boycotting everything. Reinstate the original constitution or, make a world constitution lead by the people of the world, not the corporations or banks.

Borders needs to go
all countries needs to be modernized in equidity
then once the human race establishes this can we finally move forward with advance technology and a better educational system and a balanced systen on the economy.
Get rid of GMO
Get rid of the use of petroleum
get rid of nuclear anything (power plants, bombs etc, in fact send them to the sun!)

Go organic and destroy all crops that were genetically engineered
Use hemp seeds to make a natural oil capable of fueling cars
and establish nicholas teslas technology.

If done correctly, the world would change for the better and begin the healing process in less than 10 years.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Originally posted by spy66
reply to post by eriktheawful

Freedom will not come without a greate cost. It might not even happen after millions have died.
Freedom will not happen peacefully, not with the mentality of our current society. There is to much anger, ego and hate for it to happen peacefully.

We have been pulled so far away from freedom by our government that we fear the cost of being released from it. The government is our bigest problem. It is the product created by our government that we fear. The product is the system of laws that create a harsh mentality within our society. The government have created a monster we all fear will be released.

We fear the cost of being released from it for good reason!

We will never experience true freedom until every person can protect themselves from harm from all others, we all have a energy source we can manufacture independently and food/water we can manufacture independently. But, the main thing that would need be addressed is: Every person would need some type of mechanism to where another person CAN NOT harm them.

Without this evolution, we will NEVER have the freedom most of you dream of.

Ok so you are telling me that our governments prevent crime? Sorry, i must have been mistaken. There is no crime anymore. I had the impression there was. We should all be happy and live as nothing is happening.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The real question is "How much government is too much?"

Any government is to much. The US government should be a more than enough proof of that. It had hopes in the beginning. But now it is a disgrace. This has happened over and over through out history.

We will never be able to form a governemt that will create order and than disappear. It will create a system of laws that will make it self grow into a powerfull institution.

If we cant trust one another how can we form a trustworthy government? It cant be done.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I wonder if canadians, mexicans, chineese, japaneese, indonesians, french, british, italians, greeks, israelis, iranians, marsians, lunans from the moon, etc...................

FEAR government as much as americans do. Why is this is the million dollar question

Why are americans paranoid of their government and people of other nationalities are not? Is it the american dna or what?

I have traveled to many countries and what happens in america puzzles me to this day. Nevermind that there is NO LEFT in america. Even canadians can attest to that. Give yourselfs a break!!

Too small a government is just as bad as too big a government. Ultimately what the government stands for is much more important than its size. Too big is wasteful and intrusive, too small is incompetant.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I wonder if canadians, mexicans, chineese, japaneese, indonesians, french, british, italians, greeks, israelis, iranians, marsians, lunans from the moon, etc...................

FEAR government as much as americans do. Why is this is the million dollar question

Why are americans paranoid of their government and people of other nationalities are not? Is it the american dna or what?

No other people of the world fear their government?

That's laughable!

What you don't get is that in many countries, openly proclaiming your distrust and/or displeasure in your country gets you killed!!! It's not that it's not present; it's that it can't be uttered!

You non-Americans are oblivious to the freedoms we Americans have.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Only in countries that don't allow national elections. If their is a monarchy or "presidential system" installed.

And I am american. I have travelled to many countries.

I was trying to say they are not bat# paranoid of the left like most americans are. Unless of course you consider the democrats "left". I consider them center-right and the republicans right.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Some would be extremely happy! Some would be terrified! What would your response be?

edit on 24-4-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)
Thanks for that video, seabag. I didn't see the joke coming! It was great
In the related videos column, I found someone (Stefan Molyneux) who expresses what I would express if I were motivated enough to put it out there. I mean, I do express it, but only to my few friends. I subscribed to Stefan Molyneux and the videographer in the OP immediately

My response, to answer your question, would be to begin subsistence farming straightaway. Especially I would focus on Hemp for seed, oil, fiber, and fuel. The world is full of food, if you are willing to eat stuff that doesn't taste like what we're used to. I guarantee you when TSHTF, people will starve in the middle of a field full of food. And I don't mean corn!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join