It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing "Bibleman"! And a host of other kid-oriented indoctrination tools

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I must confess though that even though my daughter is an Atheist she allows me to take my grandchild to church as she was raised Christian and though she no longer believes she says it taught her to be more accepting of others.

Nothing at all wrong with that! Between the two of you, your grandchild is getting a balanced view.
Well done!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
look at the description of the angels "guarding the gates of eden"
they went back and forth with "fiery" swords. i have always thought it sounded like this

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I guess that it was bound to happen Was just a matter o' time

Just a regular guy wouldn't do And baby I can't hang upon no.... cross for you

Yeah, I really got to hand it to ya Cause girl you really tried

He'll have to be a super guy Or maybe a super god

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by Bone75

It shocks me more than it offends me, and it causes me to worry for the little children.

Oh please
Just what is it that you're really worried about? Somehow I doubt its having a bunch of kids running around with faith in God.

I've read so many tenderhearted comments from you speaking out against hate, yet your last few threads were prompted by your own hate for Christians. Hypocritical much?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This has everything to do with the practitioner and nothing to do with Scripture - AS ALWAYS.

Making merchandise of the Word of God - NOT a good thing according to God.

"For we are not as many, which make merchandise of the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God, speak we in Christ." ~ 2 Corinthians 2:17

"And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple ... and said unto them ... 'Take these things hence; make not my Father’s house an house of merchandise.'"
~ John 2:15-16

As a Christian, I lament our collective ignorance.
edit on 24-4-2013 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
These toys are not idols as you assume they are toys. I cant see people praying and worshipping bible man.

Dont confuse your interpretation of the word Idols in the bible as perfect, its a little skewed to support your belief.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
He's been around since "Family Ties" went off television. Kurt Cameron was Bibleman. Don't know about now.....

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I do believe parents still have the right to raise their own children. Unless you’re advocating that the government raises them and indoctrinates them. If that is the case then we should just send all the children to China to be indoctrinated it would be cheaper since everything is cheaper in China. Child outsourcing what a novel idea.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I just found this on RationalWiki, it's an hilarious review and encapsulation!
rationalwiki.org...

Have you ever wondered what Batman would be like if Bruce Wayne was a fundamentalist Christian? And Batman didn't fight crime, but instead fought sin? Where the singular Robin is replaced by a group of anal-retentive, bible-verse-spouting, so-annoying-and-self-righteous-that-you-just-want-to-beat-the-s##t-out-of-them teenagers and young adults? And the Batman wannabe wears a purple and yellow SpandexTM costume? And the costume's rubber "Breastplate of Righteousness" has ripply pecs and abs that somehow make him look gayer than Batman? And his Bible -- aka, "The Sword of the Spirit" -- morphs into an actual sword[1] that he uses to fight evildoers? Well, wonder no more! You've just entered the alternate universe world of BibleMan!

The characters

"BibleMan" was originally played by washed-up kid actor Willie Aames,[6] but is now played by Robert T. Schlipp, a youth pastor from Northern California.

BibleMan has had many cohorts. Currently, he is aided by:

Cypher: The brains of the team. (Funny, you'd think BibleMan would be the brains.)
Melody: With whom BibleMan has zero sexual tension. (And a double-bladed lightsaber)
BibleGirl: Ditto.
U.N.I.C.E.: BibleMan's supercomputer. (With God and Jesus on his side, why would BibleMan need a computer?)
Captain Omnipotent - God's crime-fighting alter-ego and the most ridiculously overpowered superhero in the history of the Omniverse.
PopeMan - Fellow superhero complete with staff that fires grappling-hook, Popemobile and Popecave hidden beneath the Vatican.
AltarBoy - PopeMan's sidekick.

LOL! Check out the villians!

Villians There are quite a few, but a quick rundown:
Slacker von Lazarus - A villain with hypnotic mind-powers and lasers which he uses to brainwash people into the sin of sloth.
Professor Dawkins - Mad scientist and Leader of the United Alliance of Villainy.
Dr. Narcissus - Self-adoring supervillain who corrupts others with self-esteem and independent thought.
Femina - Evil sorceress who strives to infect the Church with insubordinate women priests and poison the minds of youth with Harry Potter books.
Mephisto - Satan-wannabe.
Doctor Doom - Because let's face it, what superhero hasn't fought Doctor Doom at some point in their career?

Professor Dawkins? No agenda there, no sirree!

Femina! Women priests OMG! Of course she poisons youth with Harry Potter books!

But why is Lazarus a villian? Is that slacker still undead?!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

LOL!

As one of the YouTube commentors says "No.no, no, no...The stupid burns!"

But when you're up against the evil "Sesame Street" and the evil gay agenda of the "Teletubbies" I guess they have to do something!

OH NO! They're teaching kids to hold hands!

MUST CALL BIBLEMAN!

edit on 24-4-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

Well looks like propaganda just hit a new level. Not only did they make it more brainswashing, they turned 'Jesus' into more of a hollywood superstar wannabe. Just another way to mess up children's minds with this crap. It's mostly just shocking the levels people stoop to promote their cult, I mean....Christianity.

The rest of it just makes me smh how it degrades the actual reason behind the Machiyach's purpose to coming and his real name. Especially that phony Latin/Greek name 'je zeus' can't wait till its all exposed one day.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Response to post on 1st page -

Really? This is what keeps you up at night huh? I can't imagine what a wreck your life must be since it doesn't even qualify as one of the serious problems considering there isn't even a consensus that it's a problem at all.

Is it so bad that some people still believe in instilling morals in their young ones?

Christianity "by the book" does not encourage hatred. despite what you say - in fact Jesus encouraged acceptance of the sinful, outcast & downtrodden. And the names for the Armor of God are straight from the Bible so I'm not sure what the OP's point was on that...(Ephesians 6:10-18)

People who breed hate are simply hateful people & it doesn't matter what religion they believe in - it's a personality & intelligence problem not a dogma problem.

You should spend less of your time mocking those that have belief in something & more time trying to make your world better by serving others.

Moral breakdown is the cause of most of our problems in today's society but apparently people like you just can't see the connection.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Come on the church has been turning stones into bread for ages. This surprises anyone?

We are a bunch of 4th graders running around screaming God loves me more. Then we turn it into a business. For profit even.

This does not surprise me. You know all those Muslim kids will be jealous and want a bible man. Pure Sarcasm sorry if I offended anyone.

They are finally figuring out doing a book report on the same 200 page book every week, when they don't even understand the message, doesn't attract enough viewers on Sunday. So we get Rock Music, nothing wrong with this, worship music is the best part of church to me. I would go to a church that just sung worship music for an hour. It's so uplifting to worship love with others. And we get bible man.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Is it still Popeman and Altarboy?

...or do they have a new one already?

edit on 24/4/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: Proper quotes

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Exactly.

Jesus was often misunderstood and wrongly interpreted...

Why should we believe a book?

edit on 24/4/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theflyingweldsman
reply to post by windword

Is it still Popeman and Altarboy?

...or do they have a new one already?

Appears they do!

PopeMan - Fellow superhero complete with staff that fires grappling-hook, Popemobile and Popecave hidden beneath the Vatican.
AltarBoy - PopeMan's sidekick.

That grappling hook seems legit! So does the Popecave hidden beneath the Vatican! LOL

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

This does not surprise me. You know all those Muslim kids will be jealous and want a bible man. Pure Sarcasm sorry if I offended anyone.

It's already happened...

But it's worse than we thought...

The scandal first broke when a passport check in Bahrain showed BibleMan traveling under an assumed identity. Though he was able to fight his way out of customs using super powers, police nabbed him in a hotel where he had switched into a Koran-Man costume. He was deported after being allowed to perform at a private party for children of wealthy oil financiers.

During the performance “he jumped around with a sword and defeated ‘infidels’ with quotes from the Koran,” said an American journalist who happened to be on hand. “It was a pretty good show. The kids ate it up.”

But the dual-identity scheme began to unravel. Back at BibleMan’s compound, neighbors noticed that the reclusive hero had added a lagoon-style swimming pool, a mini-zoo with giraffes and monkeys, and a heli-pad. “It was obvious big money was coming in,” says one.

Link

edit on 24/4/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: swimmingpools

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I wonder if the
is financing it?!?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

You believe what you what to - that's not my business

But it's not your business to tell others what to believe either & it's childish & small minded to mock people for what they believe.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

That's hilarious!

‘Koran-Man’ scandal engulfs Bible hero

ATLANTA — According to a LarkNews investigation, BibleMan, Christianity’s highest-ranking superhero, has been performing as “Koran-Man” in wealthy Arab nations for nearly a year, banking more than $15 million, including $1 million for a two-hour performance at a Ramadan event in Dubai. The Saudi royal family has paid him at least $3 million to perform at private events for children, and has dedicated a private jet to whisk him to and from Atlanta.

“I’m devastated,” said one of hundreds of distraught fans who flooded blogs with messages.

By Monday, more than 24,000 people had signed an online petition pleading with BibleMan to “abandon the Koran-Man persona forever.”

“BibleMan’s audiences were dwindling in the U.S.,” says Christian superhero expert Dawn Riddel. “Kids suffered ‘superhero fatigue’ after Spider-Man and the Incredibles. BibleMan appears to have felt squeezed out, until he found this lucrative outlet.

LMAO! I'm literally in tears, I'm laughing so hard!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Oh wow. One of the best songs ever.
And Baby, I can't hang upon no lover's cross for you.

Thanks for posting that. Going right now to watch it.....probably will replay a few times.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join