It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing "Bibleman"! And a host of other kid-oriented indoctrination tools

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by logical7

You obviously have never read Ephesians then. 6:10-20, to be exact. It gives an illustrious description of "God"s battle armor.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

You obviously have never read Ephesians then. 6:10-20, to be exact. It gives an illustrious description of "God"s battle armor.

God needs an armor?!!!
Well yes, i obviously have never read it.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Here's one you can crucify yourself!

First I noticed the Uzi with shoulder-rest...

Then I noticed...

"Ninja Messiah"...

And the face!

Jesus is Chuck Norris!

edit on 24/4/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: jesus in a dress

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Of course "God" needs armor. He's so righteous and benevolent, he can't stand being weak and unprotected. Why else does he need an army of angels? Why else does he sit on his ivory throne in the middle of nowhere fiction? Why else does he disguise irresponsibility as mercy? He's so strong, armor wears him!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Of course "God" needs armor.

Well, apparently God only needs Chuck Norris.

And his trusty sidekick, Bibleman.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Of course "God" needs armor. He's so righteous and benevolent, he can't stand being weak and unprotected. Why else does he need an army of angels? Why else does he sit on his ivory throne in the middle of nowhere fiction? Why else does he disguise irresponsibility as mercy? He's so strong, armor wears him!

AI! Are you playing a sarcastic role of a christian?

sorry i am not playing.
Its also not on topic.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
So far it seems that Bibleman fights enemies who are various vices in personified form. Fear, pride, etc. And he teaches Bible verses to kids. I have no problem with that.

To me, Bibleman represents an effort to translate a part of the old Christian mythos into the new superhero mythos... which is a much more modern and vibrant mythos and native to us here in the space-age. The religions of a previous age re-incarnate in future ages. There is nothing new under the sun.

I have no problem with this attempt to translate, since the entire superhero mythos is Divinely inspired anyway. I just wish the quality of Bibleman was higher.

Read:

www.amazon.com...

edit on 24-4-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Can you prove that Superman is based on "God"?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Can you prove that Superman is based on "God"?

Naturally. Given an opportunity to unfold the proof during a Superman movie.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Why can't you prove it right now?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Why can't you prove it right now?

Because I would want to sit with you and gradually unpack the proof during a Superman movie which gives me the opportunity to point out examples and themes and so forth.

Or if you can't wait then you could start by reading the book I linked to a few posts ago.

edit on 24-4-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

reply to post by AfterInfinity

You two should watch a movie together.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Because I would want to sit with you and gradually unpack the proof during a Superman movie which gives me the opportunity to point out examples and themes and so forth.

How about a SparkNotes version? And no, not that book you linked. Here, I'll start.

10 Reasons Superman Is Better Than Jesus

Superman has saved the planet for destruction numerous times. Jesus has threatened to return and bring on the end of the earth with him, but so far is a #ing ‘no-show’.
Jesus performed a few miracles, but Superman can shoot laser beams out of his eyes, he can fly, is indestructible, and can see through everything except lead. In one movie he turned back time. How awesome is that?
Jesus may have died for your sins, but Superman died to protect us from an intergalactic killing machine called Doomsday.
When Jesus died, he was resurrected 3 days later and then abruptly left, telling his disciples he’d be back within their lifetimes (an obvious lie). Superman died, was in stasis for a while, and emerged with long glorious 90′s hair. Unlike Jesus, however, Superman stuck around and has been busy keeping the world safe from evil.
Although not a God, Superman still risks his life all the time trying to combat super villains. Jesus, on the other hand, is apparently all powerful, and yet refuses to do something as basic as healing amputees.
Superman can move mountains. Jesus claims praying to him will accomplish the same feat, but no noticeable effects from prayer have ever been measured.
Superman is an expert in dozens of languages, and is an accomplished journalist. Jesus never left any writings, or evidence of any of his works.
Superman hooked up with the insanely hot Lois Lane, while the only women who showed any interest in Jesus were prostitutes.
Jesus said “But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me” (Luke 19:27). Superman, on the other hand, has a strict code of conduct that forbids him to kill anyone.
If you fell out of your apartment window and cried for help, Superman would try and save you. Not only will Jesus not even bother to save you; he will send you to hell for all eternity if you don’t believe in him.

Obviously Superman isn't based on "God" because Superman is actually practical - and imperfect. According to Wikipedia, he is based on something similar to Samson and Hercule, both of which are limited heroes who were born with a touch of divinity inside of them. Even so, both were imperfect, both were capable of failure, and both could die.

Not at all like the Christian deity.
edit on 24-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

How about a SparkNotes version?

No thanks. I have my own ideas about inspiration and God and superheroes based on comparative religion, parapsychology, mysticism, and "UFOs". It's actually quite a lot to get into. Too much for a thread.

So if you want to come over and hang out we'll watch some Superman and Swampthing and Batman and I'll show you where I'm coming from and what I mean by Divine inspiration, art, mythology, and superpowers.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

10 Reasons Superman Is Better Than Jesus

Brilliant

edit on 24/4/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: Unicorns?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

Yeah, I know! Right??
I had the same pic posted in my second entry here.

Bizarre....
Thanks for chiming in!!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Look again,

That is from your second entry.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

OH! Okay...I thought you had found it independently....

Sorry, getting brain-tired.
Husband just got home from work - so I'm going to log off now.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I think the whole "Bibleman" thing is just a tool to get young kids interested in the Bible. Super heros have been making a comeback over the last several years in pop culture and kids think they are cool. Kids who might otherwise disregard Bible stories might take another look if a cool super hero is involved.

One day I went to pick up the grandkid at my daughter's house and was surprised that she- an Atheist- was watching a cartoon on Trinity Broadcasting Network with my grandkid. It had talking cars and looked pretty cool. My daughter said that even though it was a Christian program that it taught good lessons about being kind, honest and helpful and about sharing so she lets her watch it. I must confess though that even though my daughter is an Atheist she allows me to take my grandchild to church as she was raised Christian and though she no longer believes she says it taught her to be more accepting of others.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Originally posted by littled16
My daughter said that even though it was a Christian program that it taught good lessons about being kind, honest and helpful and about sharing so she lets her watch it.

I TOTALLY understand your daughter's position. There are many good lessons and ideals in the bible. I was raised as a Christian and many of the lessons I learned, I refer to today. These lessons are part of humanity. Christianity didn't invent them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join