It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU proposal to ban vegetable seeds that are not registered or licensed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Perfect! Just perfect. Black market with seeds. We need more such openly stupid proposals. Why? Because its plain stupidity. What will happen? Ordinary people will start to produce their own seeds and exchange them on unofficial basis strenghtening community ties. Parallel polis is emerging day by day - thank you, you greedy corporate bastards

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
F**king control freaks. The black market is going to rise in the near future apparently lol.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Its also like what America did to the Iraqi people, almost as soon as they invaded,I remember a thread about it when it happened.

As soon as the US took over Iraq, it became clear its interests were not limited to oil. In 2004, Paul Bremer, the then military head of the Provisional Authority imposed as many as a hundred laws which made short work of Iraq’s sovereignty.

The most crippling for the people and the economy of Iraq was Order 81 which deals, among other things, with plant varieties and patents. The goal was brutally clear-cut and sweeping — to wipe out Iraq’s traditional, sustainable agriculture and replace it with oil-chemical-genetically-modified-seed-based industrial agriculture.

With a single stroke of the pen, Iraq’s agriculture was axed, while Order 81 facilitated the introduction and domination of imported, high-priced corporate seeds, mainly from the US — which neither reproduce, nor give yields without their prescribed chemical fertiliser and pesticide inputs.

tribune.com.pk...

Its about control alright.

Won`t be long before we`ll be criminals for growing our own food and keeping our own seeds.

edit on 25-4-2013 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
This is just freaky. I can't believe we have reached a point in this madness that licensing and banning seeds is even considered.
But then again, maybe I can. Sigh.

I'm also saving my heirloom seeds this year.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

S+F, Cheers for this, very wrong agenda 21 - VOTE UKIP

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Dear me, God forbid anyone should want to grow their own food at home where they know its not been sprayed with all sorts of chemicals... Nope. Buy all your greens from the grocers for ever for the rest of your life, and never think of growing your own again!

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadMax7
reply to post by Nyiah

Relax. Your stirring yourself up over a report not a reality.

One thing is certain in this world.

95% of what we worry about never happens
3% is of no real consequence when it does
2% we cannot change anyway.

That's a much better way to live.

Why are so many people on ATS falling victim to fear and worry and borderline insanity?

Can someone answer that?

Look how far Monsanto have already taken this, and you say there's nothing to worry about?
Freedom is under attack on multiple fronts. If this doesn't pass they will keep pushing it until it does, as with CISPA. And by the time you've got your head out of the sand it will be too late.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
What an outrage! And in the EU no less!
If this becomes a reality, it will create yet another fortress of useless bureaucrats whose sole function is to maintain and continually expand a destructive system of control over their fellow humans solely for control's sake. The mindless little cogs in the wheel will become dependent on their place in the machine for their very survival, becoming the reason for perpetuating it even after it has become clear how pointless and destructive it is, the same as so many other bureaucracies that have sprung up. Once born, a large portion of any bureaucracy's resources become dedicated solely to justifying its continuing existence. What a sad state of affairs we find ourselves in today.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
sounds like genocide to me.on the long run ,nobody knows what people are hooked on when consuming these controlled crops.it's limiting peoples freedom to grow whatever they want to AND to grow whatever grows in their environment.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dubiousone

LOOK MAN! they want to control and license basically everything that's out there.PLANTS TREES ANY TYPE OF CROP.e.g. NATURE
F*K BEAUROCRACY,THAT'S NOT THE POINT

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
So how would it be enforced? Will there be garden police roaming the streets and arresting anyone found with something not allowed growing in their garden?

I have visions of all the extra police helicopters going round spotting suspicious heat spots as people desperately try to grow cabbages in their attics.

Are we coming to a time when we have to show them that no means NO!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join