It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the mother of the Boston Bombers the influence to radicalization?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The mother. Remember, the parents got a divorce. The son is then radicalized. Makes more sense also about the younger brother. Maybe it was not the brother after all but the mother since we hear this from yesterday. I am sure she could have easily told the younger to follow his brother and it sounds like she is not above it.

Link

If they are going to kill him. I don’t care. My oldest son is killed, so I don’t care. I don’t care if my youngest son is going to be killed today. I want the world to hear this. And, I don’t care if I am going to get killed too. And I will say Allahu Akbar!

Russia contacted the US multiple times which means the parents, not the son, were on the radar for something. Based on her initial :framed" comments, I think it should be obvious. Any time I have ever heard a radical Muslim yell Allah Akbar it was followed by an explosion or gun shots...just like Ft Hood.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Any time I have ever heard a radical Muslim yell Allah Akbar it was followed by an explosion or gun shots...just like Ft Hood.

Then you have a very tiny atomic sized view of the world.
Allah Akbar simply means God is great (or greater, or greatest..depends on the translation, but generally the same).
Its one of the most common phrases in the muslim culture. Go to a mosque and you will here it a million times, or an event held by muslims, a death, a life, etc.

Gotta drop the irrational fear based 100% in ignorance. You made a choice to come to this website, now learn the motto

Usage

This phrase is recited by Muslims in many different situations. For example, when they are very happy, to express approval, to praise a speaker, or as a battle cry, during times of extreme stress. In the Islamic world, instead of applause, often someone will shout "takbir" and the crowd will respond "Allahu Akbar" in response.

In prayer
The phrase is said during each stage of both obligatory prayers (performed five times a day), and supererogatory prayers (performed at will). The Muslim call to prayer (adhan) by the muezzin and to commence prayer (iqama) also contains the phrase.

This phrase is also used in times of distress.

As far as "radical" muslim...what defines radical? A mother whom just lost one son and the other is in jail facing a death penalty is bound to cause the mother some high stress...and no doubt she will be quite passionate. But suggesting she is a radical simply based off that is like going to a funeral and suggesting anyone crying is probably a radical also.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Like how white supremacists shout "god is great' at their rallies. I know what it means, however, you cannot say with honesty that it is not used in Jihad. If you do, you are lying. Plain and simple. Like this guy...is he praying?

What fear? You sound like you are defending it so I will not assume you are Muslim but ask. Are you? It does not matter nor do a I care but it would give me a sense of who I am talking as I have studied all religions and I hve to say that Islam facinates me to a point that is can make people do things you would think they would never do. They become the worlds most dangerous lemmings after visits with certain Imams.

What defines a 'radical' Muslim? How about One who would take the faith and shout Allah Akbar while killing and defending the death of Americans. How about that. Real plain and simple. that is how CAIR defines it also.

Passionate. I am sure she is hurting but based on her actions it seems to be more of an anger at herself for getting her kids killed with her views than saying Islam is a peaceful religion.

I really hope you see my point and that I am not demonizing Islam, I am pointing out that she may be the one who drove him to the Imams and why he traveled to Russia. His own mosque kicked him out...they thought he was radical to so why do you not see it..is it because you have the same views?
edit on 24-4-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Now, the scary part is that he father AND uncle are both saying that there was one person, referred to as Misha, who planted the seed of Radical Islam. They had concerns in 2009, around the time he was about to pop up on radar so I would think "Misha" is on a watch list somewhere. This was done in the US in Cambridge not when he went overseas. They were then divorced in 2011...he listed himself as Chechnay and she listed herself as a Dagestan national...this is where the older brother visited...are we seeing more of a pattern here?

Why is the mother not saying that she saw problems coming? She did not offer an explanation...just Allau Akbar.

So, who is the mysterious Misha? This gives some more insight. The families of the bomber all know his name so....where is it?

link

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Like how white supremacists shout "god is great' at their rallies. I know what it means, however, you cannot say with honesty that it is not used in Jihad. If you do, you are lying. Plain and simple. Like this guy...is he praying?

He is also wearing clothes...therefore wearing clothes is a sign of radical islam by that perspective.

I am hammering on your stating that saying Allah Akbar = extremism..all muslims say it, moderates and extremists. Its the same as a Christian saying Lord have mercy or whatever normal phrases they use.

What fear? You sound like you are defending it so I will not assume you are Muslim but ask. Are you?

I am defending nothing, I am setting the record straight about a phrase. pedantic perhaps, but no need to screw up the line of legitiment debate with false statements...the statement in this case is specifically Allah Akbar is some radical thing to be said. Statements like that to the weak minds will suddenly have a person jump on the next muslim in their area whom says that statement.

As far as what my choice of religion is, its irrelevant..the point remains, be it I an atheist or Imam. Speak with knowledge about a subject, else watch your argument fall into ruin once the spin and false statements are exposed is the key here.

They become the worlds most dangerous lemmings after visits with certain Imams.

Same can be said about any religious extremism. murdered abortion doctors, gay people, etc. And those extremist Christians will say the exact same phrases as your moderate Christian.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
1. I mentioned Christianity or did you skim over that?
2. Your argument that I said Allah Akbar=extemism is also wrong. I said..."What defines a 'radical' Muslim? How about One who would take the faith and shout Allah Akbar while killing and defending the death of Americans. How about that. Real plain and simple. that is how CAIR defines it also"
3. If you are hammering me about a statement, yes, you are defending it. You are taking a side. You don't see that?
4. How many killings of Muslims occurred after 9/11 in the US. None. There was a lot of division in the country but we are a tolerate nation. We build Mosques down the street from where known Islamic terrorists killed 3000 poeple. So your statement of "weak minds will suddenly have a person jump on the next Muslim in their area whom says that statement" is untrue, again, like your other points. Again, the fear is showing.
5. Your choice of religion is relevant. I was raised Catholic but i have studied Islam, Buddhism and Taoism. I have read much of the Torah and versed myself in Islam. There is no fear in stating your religion unless you are part of an intolerant religion...one that may profess Jihadism.
6. If you think the mother was telling the reporter that God is Great in a spirtual/have a nice day sense, then again, man you are blinded by something. You need to remove what is sheilding you and find peace...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Yeah well people need to wake up, and finally start calling out those muslim supremacists "clinging to their guns, and religion"

Religous fundamentalism is still a big as problem as it ever was, anyone who says it isn't is not living in reality.

Time to step up, and call it what it is.
edit on 24-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
She was a huge influence, especially if she says this about the person who supposedly turned her son to radical thinking...

“Misha is a friend in Boston,” she says. “I hope he is healthy and sound. He is a young man. There is no negative.” Investigators are barking up the wrong tree, she said. “Misha is a crystal clean young man, an Armenian, a Muslim with a red beard.” He is “a new believer” and “an intellectual.” (Armenian culture is Christian. A man with Armenian roots in the United States who converted to Islam might have his own issues of alienation.) What Zubeidat did not say, and what reporters have not yet ascertained, is Misha’s last name or location. Apparently the family only knew this “crystal clean” man by his first name, if that is his first name.

Why is she not in custody being asked who this person is...unless he is already in custody?

also. the crickets are deafening...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Told you....geezzzz

Link

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Hey, you want to come back to this thread now? She was on the watchlist put on their by the CIA.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Hey, you want to come back to this thread now? She was on the watchlist put on their by the CIA.

Not overly interested in her. My retort wasn't about her, it was rather your suggestion that her saying allah Akbar = terrorist.
She may in fact be a sleeper agent, or just a religious nut..who knows..feds will figure that one out. I was simply stating that assuming anyone whom says that phrase when distraught is up to no good is wildly inaccurate.

In regards to her being a radical..well, I don't know much info about her, but generally speaking, the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree..be it simply not caring their sons were going extreme, or provoking it herself..who knows.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I give you props for coming because most don't. I respect that whether you care or not. However, I was trying to show that she was using the phrase in a radical sense, and, i think based on this I am correct. She was probably the one the FSB warmed us about in the US.

What I said was any time I have ever heard a radical Muslim yell Allah Akbar it was followed by an explosion or gun shots in a video...just like Ft Hood. Observations.

new topics

top topics

join